1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The current state of affairs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Unlucky, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    12:52 AM
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    You god damn champion.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    It is not a secret that we dislike players like you and the others. They also know that :)

I don't see what this has to do with trying to get things better for the server but I guess you got a few likes so you must feel better about yourself. Glad it worked out for both of us.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I am not commenting on the list itself, but this statement is not correct. The list displayed above by my lovely brother includes names of good friends of mine. I have been in Project for quite a while now, and I have talked/grinded/bossed with people on this list. No-one has ever instructed (I assume you imply this by "should") to hate on anyone, nor has anyone ever restricted me in any way to interact with the people I enjoy interacting with.
    I have a clue why this list is made, but since I did not make it myself nor ever contributed to it it is purely speculation. I always took this list as a warning. In general it is known project is not liked by certain people, and these are displayed on this list. Interacting with this people would require a different persona, and I would avoid certain subjects.

I am not saying im pro or against this list, I am just saying that the guild Project has never ever influenced my actions toward any individual/group.

Edit:
    Please get back on point though, some good points are being made and the future of this server could very well depend on the actions guided by this thread.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    I don't really give a shit about your long ass post, but your shitlist doesn't really make anything better for the community than garner more unnecessary conflicts.
    I think that's kinda relevant.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Xerta

Xerta Snail

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Xerta
    F/P Wizard
    Notorious
    ... I think its just you who dislike them. But you are to afraid to admit it so you say we so it just doesn't affect you it will affect your whole guild...
    I Don't think that everyone in project is bad in fact I used to love chatting with people from project...
    So next time don't say WE say I ...

• Like Like x 7
  6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It is common practice as a human being that if you see a list called "Shit List" it sort of put a warning on yourself that encourage you to hate or watch out for people.

There's a lot people in the world that hate people based on other's opinions. This in my honest opinions is terrible, but its more people that work like that than don't. Personally, I rate everyone on my own scale, and don't let anyone else change my opinion of a person. There's times I like someone that is hated by a lot, generally because I learn why this specific person is disliked, and try work it out with the person.

Its okay to make a list of people you dislike. The execution however is done so poor. Why call it a SHIT list? A lot of guilds has a list of people that left, etc. The fact this got leaked put the reputation of Project even lower as it already is, because the context of this list may be much different than the actual point of this list.

You keep say I should not talk Project as a group but separate people. Now you literally said WE when the BBS post was made by yourself.
    ---
    I am also aware this is going semi off-topic but the hate on the community and groups a-like is part of the problem why the community charm of Legends is going under, so I am not going ignore it.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
  7. Piffy

Piffy Pac Pinky

Feb 23, 2016
    2:52 PM
    Can I put back my popcorn? :(

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. jaypee

jaypee Mushmom

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    6:52 AM
    Kopi
    Bishop
    Skyfall
    Honestly, I've no idea why the shit list appeared. IMHO, there will definitely be people whom you like or dislike in any situations be it irl or in-games and I do not know what these people on your list did. I don't understand what's the purpose of it since there's no explanation on it; to cultivate a 'hate this person because my guild hates him/her' culture?
    I'd love to have one.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:52 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    RIP actual useful discussion about what needs to change, let's fill up the thread with hateful post instead, that always seems to work out perfectly. No need to keep talking about the real issue I guess. Keep posting hateful comments guys, maybe then we can have this thread closed by the afternoon :rolleyes:
    In case anyone missed it, I would like it if people could get back on topic pls, would be nice for once.

• Like Like x 12
  10. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    So I wasn't going to respond since I feel my opinion does not really help nor contribute. This mess made me decide whatever I will just say how I feel about the stuff happening on the server.
    Since everyone is stating when they joined, I joined 11 months ago, but only really got into end game 6 months ago.
    I am a player who gets the greatest satisfaction when I leech someone to lvl 13 because the person did not realize you need dex to be able to do first job advancement (for a thief).
    I can sleep well when I bought a couple fames from new low level players at kpq so they can buy potions and continue their journeys. I am happy when someone posts an issue on the forums and I can help the person with a solution in a very short time period.

That being said I think everyone in this server has amazing ideas to improve the server and thus solve issues it is having. I am avoiding the "no time" argument and purely speaking about the way I feel whenever I spent time on this game, both in game and here, on the forums.
    Going straight to the point, and sorry for not including more examples (some can be found in above posts) are the countless of suggestion posts made on the suggestion section (please do look through them and realize how many are actually made with good ideas).

Many threads like this one: http://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/activity-signs-for-pqs.7545/ remain unanswered by gms. These are the issues the community is struggling with and which are opened up and discussing amongst peers. For me personally I regularly spent up to hours a day (blame dyslectia) thinking, writing, rewriting ideas on the forums because I think it will be for the best for the server. When no gm's respond to suggestions it feels like the gms just dont care. I am not saying this is true nor (like everyone is saying) do I have any intention of disrespecting or offending the staff, it does feel like you are just plainly ignoring the ideas people have, ideas which will make maplelegends thrive.

*I might rewrite/add onto this later, but school starts*

• Like Like x 7
  11. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    Retired legendary player
    The "shit list" as mentioned above was just someones way of venting, and i really hope people will understand that not everyone from project (in fact, very few people) has something against said people. Of course i don't know exactly what my guildies think of everyone, but i do know that most of them do respect others. I personally is/have been friends with probably 70% of the people in that list, and although i might not talk/be friends with all of them today, i don't dislike them and i do respect them, and i know this is the case for most of my guildmates.
    I would also like to mention that the existence of this list doesn't change the fact that LosjLosj 's arguments and points are still valid.
    Now i'd like for the discussion about this list to be ended. Its off topic from the issues presented by UnluckyKidUnluckyKid in this thread. And please don't dodge the real issue by bringing up things like that list. If you wanna share it, share it elsewhere.
    We are here to discuss the issues of the server, not that list.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Taehe

Taehe Mixed Golem

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Seoul
    7:52 AM
    Daebak
    Hero
    Nebula
    Can it be agreed that the server needs some changes and if it does not improve during summer break when the player base is highest then there should be some serious consideration about staff changing? You can not make a server miraculously better in one night. How about prepping for the summer season and getting events ready. If you can not fix the game economy then at least try to draw in players with events/advertising. Can we stop going on some dam tangent. Everyone has some form of issues or questionable habits, leave it at that. Talking about it is not going to cure the cold.

Instead prepare for the important time period that will kick in. To hard to fix the in game economy? Fine no problem, work on events or recycling old events to attract some new players. Once new players come in, it will revitalize the in game economy again. As it matures though you need to address the problem. I think this is what ultimately cause the drop in player base. You were really good in the advertising and recruiting department, but you were not good at maturing the player base.

I do agree that it seems like the Staff has lost interest in the server or do not have time, which is fine if it is temporary or you find replacements (which is a whole lot of work in itself), but you can not use that as a constant excuse. I am so tired of reading from every GM reply post, "This is in progress and I did not get it done because of this and that." I do not know why you initially became GM, but GM is not a nice slab of meat you can just put on the table. It is a responsibility and commitment. When you become GM you are committing to investing time and knowing that people are looking up to you. You may have disappointed a lot of people, but there is time to still make it work. There are still a lot of dedicated players who want to see the server thrive. Once you lose them the server will truly die, so do not make enemies of them or attack them for their practices. As much as you might dislike them or disapprove of their actions, they are still the reason why the server is still surviving. If they are the cause of players exiting the server then you may take action.

Conclusion:
    Prepare for the summer break season, it will be a major turning point in the server. Depending on how many players that will stick around will determine if we will still see this sever for another year or not. Worry about doing stuff that will attract a lot of players first, then worry about balancing the server. If a lot of the GMs are university students, then there should be no complaint about time.

STOP ARGUING AMONG YOURSELF OR QUESTIONING OTHERS PRACTICES AND LETS PREPARE FOR THE SUMMER FLOOD.

• Like Like x 13
  13. OP
    OP
    Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    8:52 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    Ahh shit! I knew I should have made this a private message rather than a public post but I thought it would be nice for the rest of the community to partake in the discussion. I guess I feel rather foolish for thinking that this would stay on topic and not escalate to an all out shit show. Unfortunately I was preoccupied today with my dog's rapidly declining health which ultimately led to him being euthanised a few hours ago. perhaps if i had been here i could have kept things on track. I was really looking forward to having a lengthy conversation with the community and the staff about the topics I raised in my initial post. That no longer looks like It's going to happen because this thread got derailed and I cannot afford the effort as i am rather emotional right now.

NaviNavi It was great to hear from you, as always. Im very happy to hear that you're back and that you'll be spending more time on the development of MapleLegends. Im also happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Sydney, Australia. I love my city and I love it when foreigners enjoy their time here.
    On a personal note, I'm saddened to hear about the passing of your grandmother and I would like to extend to you my condolences.

To everyone who contributed to the of derailment of this thread, great job guys! you seriously rustled my jimmies. You spoiled what could have been a great opportunity to have a productive conversation between the staff and the community about the future of MapleLegends. It was not my intention to have everyone throwing out their suggestions for what they think should be done about a Gachapon revamp, another thread could have been created for that. My intention was to garner information from the staff about what progress was being made while keeping everything civil. Instead, this thread has deteriorated into Project vs everyone.

As for the "Shit list", I have nothing to do with that and neither does the majority of Project. Frankly, it's deeply embarrassing that it ever existed in the first place.

Lastly, I would like to say to the staff that I do have a great deal of respect for you, what you are doing, and will continue to do for the server, despite what was said earlier by a Project member. I hope that you're opinion of me has not been tarnished as a result of my affiliation with certain community members.

KimberlyKimberly or any GM just lock the thread. I think the message has already been conveyed by what has already been said.

• Like Like x 11
  14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Closed by the request of OP.

With one last final reply I want to let everyone know the voices has been heard, always were, and hopefully in future we can fix things up, especially the economy problem, which is in my opinion the current worst problem as well, and always was. I personally also want that the focus is right now on fixing issues instead of distracting the issues by events, so its been known now I am really not for events until all other major issues are resolved.

I want to thank UnluckyKidUnluckyKid for the very constructive and mature topic to begin with, even though the obvious happened with it. Sorry that it went off-topic, but to me there's also other issues in Legends, but its clear the content problems (and economy issues) are far worse than the other issues.

I know Legends was known for the high quality, and I am personally sorry that this high quality is currently not there.

I have said for months already things by words, so its probably by now people don't believe my words anymore, so I leave it to this. We hope to have updates in coming future.

• Like Like x 16
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.