1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Current State of Onyx Apples

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Piety, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Measurable

Measurable Red Snail

Feb 15, 2018
    Male
    11:59 PM
    Measurable
    Warrior
    My favorite idea is the GPQ one because it will be an incentive people competing for being high in the GP ranks.
    The ToT exchange would be another great idea if, as someone else already pointed out, it didn't give mages more of an edge.
    I disagree with them being sold from NPC, and if so, then it should be at a high price and limited to something like 1 or 2 apples every 2 weeks.
    I disagree with them being available through Gachapon since I think hunting Gachapon are profitable as they are.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    9:59 PM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    In my honest opinion, I want Onyx Apples to be removed from weddings. However, if there were going to be changes, here is how I would logically see it play out in each scenario:

A. If apples were added to the Guild PQ Bonus room, this would make a lot of guilds farm them for days on end, possibly affecting the price and not allowing other guilds much of an opportunity to go in due to a wait list. For this route to happen, THE GUILD should only be able to access GPQ twice per day, the apples should drop at a rare rate, and the waiting list should be removed so all guilds can go in whenever they want.

B. I don't mind if apples were to be purchased from an NPC. If this were the chosen route, I would make those apples untradable to prevent price fluctuation and other complications with the market.

C. Putting apples in Gachapon defeats the purpose of the Vote2Win situation. I do not recommended choosing this route.

D. An exchange system could also be a good idea to earn apples. However, this can also inflate the market prices.

E. Install Amoria PQ into the server. This is the traditional way to get apples and it is what nostalgic players would want. Plus, it gives players new content to play and experience in this server.

Conclusion: Of the five options, I would heavily recommend the last option for nostalgic purposes. If apples were to be removed prior to the installation of APQ, I would strongly recommend option B for apples to be distributed for the time being. Obviously you can not control market prices, but each option will affect apple prices in a different way. In the end, it is your final decision on what happens.

Do you agree/disagree? Let me know what you think about my opinion on this subject! :D

3. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    10:59 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    While I do expect some initial spikes to GPQ's popularity if this change is implemented, I don't believe its gonna stay that way for a long time. Part of why is because GPQ has already been dropping good items such as int scrolls, and adding apples into the pool is just as valuable or less than other items that can be dropped in the bonus room. Add it with the fact that getting into the bonus room itself is unreliable and there's still good amount of chance that people can just dc even before getting there. If some guilds are willing to accept the risk and get 5 other people to continuously have a chance to farm them, I would say that they deserve getting one.

Sounds good on paper, but I don't think KimberlyKimberly would be a fan of that idea because that would make ML give more of a private feeling server, unlike original GMS-like just as how kim imagines this server to imitate. But thats up to her tho.

4. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

4:59 AM
    All these options would be PS feeling except APQ tbh.

The same people who farm weddings now will farm weddings at GPQ. As mentioned before, you can literally solo/duo GPQ. The fact that it will have 0 risk to it, people will do it a lot more than now.

The int scrolls from GPQ are not that valuable ~1.7mil-2.5mil and theyre pretty rare. (maybe 1 per GPQ?). They also take inventory space and you need to merch them to be able to get your mesos. Apples on the other hand, are 2.5-4mil last time i checked. Also, theyre specifically useful for NL's, Bowmasters and any guild that will Boss. The scrolls are useful for newer players who desperately need that 2m, however they also cant necessarily complete GPQ without higher leveled players.
    Higher leveled players currently have absolutely no incentive to GPQ except maybe a few skill books that arent rare. Adding apples to the plate will most definitely increase the GPQers overall. To think differently is pretty foolish, especially when once you have the hang of GPQ, you can complete it extremely fast.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Correct. However, solo/duoing takes up much more time to complete the quest, making it inefficient. Especially considering one is not even guaranteed to get an apple in 30-45 min, and the amount of mules people needs to make to get haste/ds/teleport and a character to solo the boss, I do not see a lot of people using that method (unless you are AbbyAbby)

I also disagree on 0 risk involved. Just as people farming apples by marriage has a risk of getting dcd, people doing GPQ also has a chance to do so. Sure, it is not as big as losing out on nx that has been wasted, but it is still a risk regardless.

This is based on my personal experience, but GPQ also drops overall int 60s which can go as high as 4m in fm I believe. It is random and as rare as other scroll that are dropped.
    And yes, apples cater towards more high-leveled players, but I think you misunderstood my argument.

I was trying to say that whatever changes that is made into the server, there will always be an initial "spike" in popularity. However, I found them to be temporary and eventually die down. The degree of that spike would be dependent upon how effective and beneficial event would be to players, but I expect it to go down towards the end.

Absolutely.
    I just don't think it will be the point where all channels are filled with farming as other people have suggested.

I would still prefer this over the current system. At least this way, it introduces some sort of skills to obtain apples unlike getting one simply by voting.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  6. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    If apples were introduced as a potential reward from GPQ, and it was determined at some point that the rate at which they are entering the game is too high (whatever the criteria for that might be), then the odds of apples dropping can be nerfed to balance it out better. No need to get in a tizzy.

7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I personally prefer stuff to be over nerfed on release, then having to nerf it after players realize and benefit from it.
    I see it as a much healthier alternative than having it over buffed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    4:59 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I would say APQ, whenever it would get released.
    It seems to me the most reasonable option, it's new content and the reward would be a good incentive to play. Personally, I don't give much thought to the market regarding apples, I just think that this would be the most suitable way (and it worked just fine on the official release).

9. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    5:59 AM
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    What abt making it CWKPQ’s reward SeemsGood

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Thread cleaned. Reminder to not post junk or else I'll reply ban you from this thread.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    I remember the old days when I spent hours just looking at videos in youtube about lvl 7x-8x players bragging about their damage while using apples and me thinking "Bro, he must be rich to buy those apples!". Or even seeing them in the FM for ridiculous amounts of mesos (of course because they were OP). They were part of my Maple-Experience back in the days but they were more for the elite, which is how it should be.

In my pesonal opinion, they should not be a reward of marriage because of the low level requirement (and it would be unfair to push the lvl req. higher because being high level is not the main priority for everyone and ppl just might want to get married for the funsies...) or at least not be rewarded with always 6 apples but a random number between 0 and 3. Also, I like the idea of having the chance of obtaining them through an exchange quest (i.e. CWK) which would be an incentive to play in other areas, but the chances of getting them should also be "low" because of the OPness (Oh Penis haha sry) of the apples...

In conclusion, the best solution IMO would be:
    1. Getting apples by getting married but in moderate and random amounts: between 0-3 maybe, and
    2. Having apples as possible rewards in a High Level Exchange Quest.

Regarding GPQ, I think that such OP item should "only" be obtainable by high level characters and I say "only" because marrying requires only lvl 50 but can be done max once per week and the reward could be randomized and moderated as mentioned before. For how imbalanced apples are, they should be really rare and difficult to obtain (again, everything in my personal opinion).

12. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    LOL

i wouldn't be against just removing apples from the game forever

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    8:59 PM
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    As a non NL scrublord, I'd like to add in that apples disproportionately benefit NLs and their watt scaling, contributing to their v62 OPness

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    fuck off xbowman scum [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  16. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Remove them from the game.

1) NL's are already massively overpowered and NL's with apples is ridiculous as is with their alchemist buff.
    2) Some days, HT is being downed 6-10 times; it has become too easy. HT is the strongest boss in the game and planning and downing it should be a harder endeavor than it currently is and removing apples is a step in the right direction imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    ShiveringShivering oh yesssssss, make the 100 unsold HT books we already have skyrocket in price!!

18. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Just nerf NL's already, remove TT or something XatGiggle

19. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    RocklerRockler let's just make it so pgcs, gloves and claws expire

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yeah, maybe then people will actually pay the price guilds list the books for in their shops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.