1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Current State of Onyx Apples

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Piety, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    1:19 PM
    Solstice
    There's a very big difference between something being difficult and something that takes time

Even without apples HT difficulty is not going to change LOL, it just makes it longer

If you really wanna complain about difficulty then complain about the HT changes because that 100% made it wayyy easier.

Edit: Also it's hilarious how alot of people are saying apples should be removed/methods to obtain nerfed because of NL's skill

NL op-ness and apples are a completely different matter lmao, you don't nerf an item and gimp every single class in the game because one class is too op with it, you nerf the op class XatEmbarrassed

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    2:19 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Funny how staff changed HT to make it harder but ended up making it easier and haven't done anything about it xD
    Also this v62, NL is op, people need to deal with it. Tons of others jobs have gotten buffed too, if you don't want to play NL that's fine but screwing every NL is not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    6:19 PM
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    nerfing NL when sair is best possible DPS :D nerf sair pls

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. Kimchi Hero

Kimchi Hero Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2017
    11:19 AM
    I don't think anyone pointed out that the Giest Balrog at the end of the APQ Stage (before the bonus stage) hits like a truck and would most likely 1 hit most level 50 mules. Also I think it would be nearly impossible to kill the boss with a party of level 50 (mules). Maybe if they got their characters to level 100-ish it might seem possible, but that would take a lot longer than 1-2 weeks.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  5. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    This is true. Removing apples won't make anything more difficult; it will just make it take more time to finish. HT was easy to kill with heartstoppers as well. The only issue was making sure you could farm or buy enough before a run. Nothing about MS is difficult, it's just time consuming. Remove apples and runs become 15-30 minutes longer, but the fact that you can just hold down a button the whole time doesn't change. Also most people have HP washed to no end by this point due to easily obtainable AP resets from events, saving up NX for several months, etc. Bossing isn't hard, it's just time-consuming and apples shorten this time. And if you remove apples and make heartstoppers the main attack potion again, I guarantee every channel of v/hoodoos will be flooded with mages farming them 24/7.

6. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    ShiveringShivering With the exception of mw20, everything sells just fine. By the time someone needs or can afford mw20, they're usually in a guild that runs HT so they get discounted books.

7. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    10:19 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    "100's of books skyrocket in price"
    "everything sells fine"

pick 1

8. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Means that most squads are mostly stocked on books, and that book sales are consistent.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    5:19 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Removing/nerfing apples at this point would be stupidly unfair, most guilds have had the luxury of using apples in their boss runs for ages now, removing/nerfing them now or even nerfing NLs (would be funny to see but....) would only cause the majority of players to complain. Similar to how i see mage ults, it really should be nerfed (with cooldown like in later patches) to prevent it becoming "Maple Leechers" but that's already way too late, 3yrs too late :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    They're not mutually exclusive. We gain books at a rate greater than we sell them, but our sales are consistent.

11. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    6:19 PM
    Nier/EviHs
    about gpq farming being so easy

List:
    Sunrise dew,Sunset dew ,Ice cream pop, Mana elixir,Red bean sundae
    Elixir, Power elixir, Orange potion ,White potion

Scrolls (all 60%):
    Bottomwear Def, Overall Def, Overall Dex, Overall Int, Overall Luk
    Cape Hp, Cape Mp, Cape Def, Cape MDef, Cape Dex, Cape Luk
    Earring Int, Shoe Jump, Shoe Speed, Shoe Dex, Glove Att
    Glove Dex, Helmet Hp, Helmet Def

Skillbooks:
    Advanced Combo 30, Paralyze 30, Elquines 30, Chain Lightning 30, Ifrit 30, Taunt 30, Ninja Ambush 30, Ninja Storm 30, Assassinate 30, Sharp Eyes 30, Hurricane 20, and Frostprey 30.

the actual chance to even get a apple is quite low,
    so i dont see a reason why they shouldnt be added in the giant pool... .
    Also farming gpq is super tedious and the chance to dc is always present.

so even if there is a increase of gpq rounds that doesnt mean they gonna get any apples

12. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    10:19 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Doesn’t make sense. Over the last 3 months HT books have dropped in price considerably. And this is just over the 3 month span I’ve been playing; no idea what the trend was prior to that. This might just be personal experience on the books I’ve been keeping an eye on though.

Examples of my anecdotal experience:
    MW20: 700M -> 500M 30% drop
    Blizz 30: 180M -> 140M 20% drop
    Meteor 30: 180M -> 120M 30% drop

This is ignoring the fact I’ve seen blizz 30 at prices as cheap as 125 mil and meteor 30 as low as 105 mil because I assume those are outliers.

13. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    7:19 PM
    Thief
    i dunnu if it was suggested but make it so u need to give back the apples if u want to divorce (every divorce require 12 apples from one side or 6 apples each) like that u cant farm apples and the only way to obtain apples is actually marry
    u could increase the apples obtained through marriage so its not so rare
    also it makes sense so if a couple merely get married for marriage reasons and then want to divorce will be able to do it without paying crazy amount of meso
    also could do other thing simultaneously as people suggested but this is a good idea if u ask me just for it self
    i really think this is a good idea let me know what you people think

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    12:19 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    I hope you were being sarcastic. While that could kinda help on solving issues with marriage mules, you also need to take into consideration about regular couples that married without the sole purpose of getting apples. Just imagine how terrible it would be if couples want to divorce but can't afford to do so because they would have to spend a fortune at fm for getting 12 apples per couple. If that were to happen right now, each person would have to spend more than 24 mil just to be able to divorce.

But then that incentivizes marriage mules even more to farm more apples, which goes against the whole point of this discussion to begin with.

I don't understand your point. If couples already have used the apples, then it becomes necessary for them to get one from fm, which can cost a fortune as mentioned above.
    You also need to realize that apple is a type of attack pot that people can consume - its not just a random etc item that people uses it for exchange. And for people that decided to use the apples for whatever reason, they shouldn't have to pay back the apples again just to divorce.

I believe there are much much better ways to resolve the issue than the one you presented.

15. Kevoon

Kevoon Mano

Oct 1, 2017
    Kevoon
    A quest thats daily for a chance for one onyx apple with a level minimum of 120+?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    1:19 AM
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Changing the way to obtain apples will definitely change the supply of apples. Right now, I know to goal is to remove the vote-2-win-ness of apple farming. However, I'm rather confused on what kind of change do people want.

Should a new way of obtaining apples in game:
    a) create more apples than the current marriage system (becomes cheaper in fm)
    b) create less apples than the current marriage system (becomes more expensive in fm)
    c) create no apples (server will eventually run out of apples, thus removing them)

I think if the staff/community express what kind of changes to apples they want, it will be much easier to come up with ideas and implement the changes. For me, I honestly don't have an opinion, I don't farm apples and I don't use apples. I'm just a simple archmage that commits genocide on petris on a daily basis OnionCrazy

17. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Any update from the staff on this? It's been a few weeks now. I'm continuing to marry every week to save up apples and I'd like to know whether I'm wasting my NX or potential mesos from keeping my apples instead of selling them in case of a wipe of apples from the server.

18. OP
    OP
    Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    We'll be giving an update on the changes to these soon™

19. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male