1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The doors of Temple of Time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Nov 8, 2020.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    3:45 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    The temple of Time is a nice place, a lot of nice mobs, bosses and ... a lot of WALKING! GMs after the temple was added they introduced a warping option that would let you chose a part of the temple of time (Past of Verdure, Frozen Past, Burning Past). Instead of walking all the way to the map, you would need only to walk from the beginning of the zone.

upload_2020-11-8_18-14-15.png

The selection of the zone would appear upon using the portal on my right. But what if t make it look better we made 3 portals leading to each zone, one on top of each door (This could need also to change the color of the orbs on the top of the doors to match each zone).

Let me know what you think! thank you.

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    2:45 AM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    I think its a lovely idea. Given you cant even enter the maps without clearing the 999 quests it practically self regulates progression.

3. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:45 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Not authentic but good idea for QoL.
    Still on side of middle since im huge fan of authentic... doesnt change this suggestion is nice.

Curioused how this will be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    9:45 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Good QoL but kinda ruins the veiled story on Temple of Time :l

5. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    9:45 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Kinda, yeah. But like SwordnBoard said, with the 999 kills quest gating each map's progression, you'll probably have gone through the "story" once before. Can make it so that you only unlock each door by first reaching that map on foot, at least on the first time.

6. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    The warping from to the beginning of each zone is a feature that they added into MapleStory so having that here would be nice, and yes you can't access these zones if you haven't done the quests like to get to the beginning of the Frozen Past you must complete all the Past of Verdure quests, the goal of the warp is so you get faster to the zone you wish to go to. Like if you want to go to Oblivion to kill Lyka or to The Frozen Past to kill Lillynouch you don't have to do the whole walk, just walk from the beginning of the section.

Canonically speaking I am aware that these doors hold a new purpose in the future, one of them is used to go to the future, a future where the Black Mage has taken over the Maple World, but I don't think we will get that content since is all post big bang. Now since those doors don't hold any purpose on this version it would be nice to change the color of the orbs on top (green, blue, and red) to instead of getting a menu to chose where to go you can just use the portal to get into the place you wish to go, that makes it more visually appealing.

7. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    9:45 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Sorry, that's not what I meant.

There was supposed to be more stories in the temple of time with the doors, but the two doors remained unused until much later. In the recent years, they opened the two doors but a lot of Maplestory lore changed by now. The original stories behind those doors remain unknown as far as I'm aware.

So yeah, that's what I meant by it kinda ruins the veiled story.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Ohh I got you now. I never kew much about the lore of those doors or the Temple of Time beside what happend after Big Bang. I may take a look into what the NPCs say

• Agree Agree x 1