1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The GM Buff SCANDAL of January 6, 2023

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by porl, Jan 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:02 AM
    Moderator Post
    The way people phrase things nowadays to make things seem worse than it is really ills me. Not really a problem just here but everywhere in general. This is almost phrased like a "cancel culture" kind of way, over something that is a gift, for free, because the GM felt like doing something and doesn't require to do so. Wanted to be creative and do a something little different, and get immediately punished with this nonsense. Just yikes all around.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    9:02 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    [​IMG]

feels implied to me.
    i don't blame the GM, its juz one big miscommunication. just some lesson learn i guess - be specific and clear when doing event hosting

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    imo is more of a, if its about elrath sleighing, then just mention about elrath sleighing - dont mention other irrelevant stuffs such as buffs, HP washing, balancing, etc.

creativity is always welcomed as long as people know what they are getting into. the whole thread porl posted feels like he got clickbaited, and it will always feel negative regardless

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    How is this implied at all? It says for those that DIDN'T get buffs or don't know what to do with their buffs, OR just want to have a good time come 7-12. It even tells people that did get a buff that they can go there to just HAVE FUN. Nothing is miscommunicated here. It was an ALTERNATIVE activity, and that is exactly what was implied in the message.

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    you are right. porl glanced through and saw the word 'buff' and assumed the wrong info - which is what i did too during my first read on this thread. As i said earlier, I don't blame the GM, but with how rebuffs are commonly given out, i highly believe it is easy to misunderstood when a GM mentions 'buffs' after a rebuff - unless it clearly stated that he/she is NOT giving out a new rebuff.

Which leads back to my original point - if its not about buffs, it will be better to not mention about buffs

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    11:02 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    "anyone who didnt get buffs...come to 7-12"
    Many other staff members mention rebuff messages in similar ways, I still stand by it being unclear. It wouldn't have been an issue if that specific wording wasn't used

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I still don't see how it could be phrased differently when it occurred literally after said GM buffs. Maybe putting at the end that it is not a re-buff or something will do. Either way, I am fine with this feedback, I am absolutely not fine with the way you deliver it. You make it sound like the GM did nasty things, but all that happened is miscommunication at best. Somehow you found it reasonable to put scandal in FULL CAPS and only at the SCANDAL part to make it sound even more serious. Just disgusting all around. Don't do this again just to handle over feedback.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    6:02 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    "You should have worded things better"
    "You should have read things more carefully"

:^)

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rainemard

Rainemard Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jun 30, 2022
    Male
    Rainemard
    Paladin
    Nimbus
    It's very clear that the message implies they're just hanging out there, English isn't even my first language and I understand it. Maybe pump more INT

Edit: Also, calling it a SCANDAL in all caps? Grass is required

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. NugZeh

NugZeh Slimy Retired Staff

May 6, 2017
    Male
    UK
    2:02 AM
    [​IMG]

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. PumpkinJuice

PumpkinJuice Orange Mushroom

Nov 26, 2022
    To be fair, it feels like there are two perspective of reading the lines.

First is: "I don't want the buff, so I didn't get it/got it but just for fun, and I can go to 7-12 to hang out!". This is a perspective where it is just a straight up hang out event.

Second is: "I missed the buff, the announcement says anyone who didn't get buff can come to 7-12, oh I can get it there now, and it seems like if people who already got the buff and didn't know what to do with it can also join, probably means there will be a buff and then some event?" A perspective where people missed it and wanted a rebuff.

It is just two different mindset viewing two different perspective which in the end, means a small miscommunication. Honestly, just a small thing.

There should be no need for this kind of title, and anyone to mock others about their language, as I personally feel this is more about how you see rather than your understanding of language.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    10:02 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Have you ever seen a kidnapper announce that he's taking his victims on a ski trip?
    Ariami kidnap me pls!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Lemonez

Lemonez Mano

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    10:02 PM
    thats some good material

14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The message is delivered now I think. I want to mention again the FEEDBACK is fine, and we have taken it into consideration for the next time. Just please take a way different road on delivering it than this. Cancel culture-style writing is not the way to go, especially for something as minor as this. The only thing missing was "TW:" and you probably had everything you could have.

But yeah, thanks for the feedback!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.