1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The State of MapleLegends Economy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Akhenaton, May 12, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    10:15 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Lol

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    9:15 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Pot management even without access to NLC pots isn't that big of a deal for Osslockers, so players who have access to NLC pots, albeit at higher prices, shouldn't really struggle. Isaac has a point that pot cost increases did cut into the income-expense numbers for things that were already somewhat inefficient EV-wise, but I don't think it's fair to compare EV between hyper-washed/heavily invested, over leveled 6-man groups to underleveled, less efficient 12-man groups.

Last edited: May 16, 2023
  3. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Admitedly I'm newer to the ML server and find the game to be extremely one sided towards end-game capable players. If you can HT/PB/NT life is a cake walk. Running zak everyday -hoping- to actually get coins in a 6man party doesnt pay for shit unless you get extremely lucky on 2x pouches with very good rolls. Hp washing is "oPtIoNaL" yet if you play an unwashed range you won't even have the HP to tank until 170-180+. Hp challenges have no eta whatsoever other than SoonTM

Don't have a mage to self/sell leech? Good luck. Sure the game is designed to be a time sink but it shouldn't take 2 years just to be able to HT at 155 without being 1 shot, or months of grinding/scrolling/zakking to get a half ass decent weapon to get into actual profitable bossing, because a small percentage of players took it upon themselves to buy out the entire market to flip the items for double the cost. I think the balance team/staff have spent so much time creating meso sinks/buffing bosses (ex HT due to multiclienting etc) that it unintentionally had a trickle down effect on the weaker/lower level playerbase. That being said I still enjoy the game, and will keep playing, but when I'm on 5 days straight of zak trying to fund new gear and again get no coins, nothing of value resulting in more more meso lost to pots, it gets old.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You don't run 6-man Zak for mesos. You do it for exp which will eventually get you to the aforementioned EV-efficient bossing levels. People weren't always in the position to run boss or multimage. They worked towards building their infrastructure so they can reap the rewards. It's not like they were handed everything on a silver platter.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    why is your name sweatlord

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    If you can't upgrade your gear you can't get powerful enough to run better bosses to begin with. Its an endless cycle of trying to use raw levels to overcome damage barriers

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Was my first char on ML and legit couldn't think of a unique name, was kind of a random yolo ign at the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I think you're overestimating the importance of gear, but feel free to enlighten me with your ideas.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Due to being an unwashed bowmaster (first character I made before I found out ML bosses were buffed, players could tank HT @160 on GMS) one of the only profitable bossing content I can do is zak (4+bish mule) or 4-6 cwkpq. To achieve that (pirate pin, raw dpm@zak) and gain respectable amounts of exp I've been trying to upgrade my gear. I can pin pirate its just sloppy right now. Since I'm 15x and can't HT I have no other content that would produce a reliable source of income until 170+ assuming I can tank HT at that point. That being said getting to 17x without the exp from HT makes it seem easier to just quit my BM altogether since its useless until the challenges finally release.

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You're better off grinding 7F for a few levels in order to bridge that damage gap instead of suffering through content that's not readily accessible to you. That might seem like a brash response, but it's true. You'll also earn mesos here that you can use to upgrade your gear to the standard (14 atk glove, 8 atk cape, +4 bow, etc.)

BMs can solo Papulatus using puppet and are strong at Ravana. Both are bosses that run at a net profit and will probably earn you more mesos than whatever Zak can. JC is also an exp-oriented boss that can generate you some income.

Edit: It's growing more and more apparent that the problem here is not the Maple economy but that new players simply don't know what to do. Farming Jr. Balrogs and hunting 6 man zaks as a form of income/progress is extremely misguided, but if that's all you know to do, your experience and perspective are going to be skewed from reality.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    7-f is a massive pot burn the few occasions I'vd tried because of the changes they made there id no safe spots to arrow rain, but the rest is fair. Currently the rest of my gear is lacking enough there is cheaper w.att/meso upgrades I've been focusing on

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    This is honestly a pretty big issue. Players who start with a mage have it easy because there's a known meta of selling leech and mage farming that is well-defined and easy to access. Players who start with an attacker have to navigate a constantly changing meta due to various balance changes, map changes, and even just player metagame changes. I didn't even learn about the Pap puppet trick until I was like 16x.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    The last few balance changes staff has been using the economic data on their end to make adjustments. They have more reliable information than we do, if hoarding and artificial inflation is really a significant economic problem it will be addressed sooner or later

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:15 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i wish that was the case

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    6:15 PM
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    Hi Mirros
    This parallel I was making is to showcase the ethos of staff I do want to point out I said, certain staff members. I could not go into detail.. you know why. Can DM you instead.

I think it's worth questioning if it is necessary one reason being if you take a look at the prestige coins they were implemented and it has great potential. Easy to tweak the amount and drop rate I believe from one maintenance to another I actually think tweaking does not need maintenance, the balance team could if allowed by I assume Kimmy change the drop rate of coins for a lot of bosses. This happened to Zakum pouch rate if you remember the smooth stealth nerfing.

If it had to be any it would have to be the balance team, but I like Mirrors idea better with an entirely new team. I don't see how a new, mid, veteran, or elite player would be different in terms of benefit if they admin abuse as a Legends server economist, but what can we do as players? I do think they need people from the elite that has a lot of insight into the issues. It makes sense that they are better to see certain trends and patterns than the casual player just does not. I would just like to have trustworthy a Legends economist and not all talk staff members that do it for prestige.

It might be a good idea if Gachapons were to get removed and prestige coins go up and to have an army of Legends economist ready to tweak the new era/meta the meta where players are actually plaing the game. The thing is we call it Multimagefarming and MultiDKfarming, but at its core it is gachapon farming and I think most players that are farming are tired of this kind of gameplay. I mean my own computer does not seem to like when I have 10 clients up while farming.

some issues with this, I can see already are:
    How are new players supposed to get money if not from gachapon and what about the lack of scrolls in the world that won't get farmed.

I mean the title of this post is actually "The State of MapleLegends Echonomy"

16. Nadav1

Nadav1 King Slime

May 18, 2021
    Male
    7:15 PM
    Beginner
    totally agree with this!
    Why are we bound to multifarm or leech when in the end most of the players base do it to get good gear and start boss / end game content.
    leech/farm should be the way to get into endgame and you suppose to boss alot more but because bossing is not profitable that much players are stuck on leeching and multifarming.
    I'm sure when new players watch legends streams and all he sees are leechers and multifarmers he will be highly discourage to even start playing the game.
    Watching streamers play with 5clients does not seem so fun for outsiders
    When most of the players are busy hanging on ropes instead of actually playing the game and make it more alive for lower levels.
    as long as gachas will give chaos/white scroll this cycle will never end

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    12:15 PM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    sounds like you're new to MMORPG genre. The game is not meant to be a cakewalk, and for the record HT is not ez.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Any type of targeted change will favor those who are capable of adapting while having unintended consequences to others. That's just natural selection at work.

I genuinely believe new players are coming into a state of Legends that's significantly better than in 2021 -- as far as opportunity and play style options goes. Discounting the mass infrastructure farming routes, there seems to be a lot more balance between the various styles of income generating content today than there was two years ago.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Agreed, MapleLegends is way better today than it was when I started in 2021. I truly think this is the best version of MapleStory there ever was or will be.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  20. OP
    OP
    Akhenaton

Akhenaton King Slime

May 5, 2021
    Male
    Bowmaster, Bishop
    Just because something is better than it was previously doesn't mean that it is perfect or incapable of further change or improvements. For example, I think a lot of people agree that the barrier to entry of HP washing on some classes is a large problem and that fixes are something that would improve the server. Another example: I appreciated the addition of pouches and coins to increase the supply of white scrolls and chaos scrolls on the market. But I think most people agree that the coin and pouch system is still not perfect, and that talking about potential changes is also a welcome idea.
    I never wanted to play this game to maximum efficiency. That's not really my playstyle and I am admittedly a more casual player. When I sell leech or self-leech, I usually watch a movie or tv show and I probably don't get as high EPH as other more efficient methods that would require more attention (I sell by rates so everything is legit). I know I'll probably never have a 15+ att cape or a 21+ att work glove, and I think that's okay. I also think it's okay, and pushes the games boundaries for the better, if other people want to have a 20+ att cape and perfect pog work gloves and weapon. Not everyone plays this game for the same goals.
    But I don't see why my casual playstyle has to be unreasonably taken advantage of by price gouging and market manipulation. Is buying out an entire supply of a rare item and artificially raising its price, slowing its sales for months on end really an 'efficient' playstyle and healthy for the server in the long term? Maybe it is for the people doing that, but for everyone else I don't really think it is.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.