1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tale of Forest of Patience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alyosha, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    5:42 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    In the vast digital realm of MapleLegends, where adventurers roamed and legends were born, there existed a fabled jump quest known as "Forest of Patience IV" Within this realm, gamers sought glory and riches, overcoming treacherous challenges and perilous puzzles. Among these challenges was the infamous Jumping Puzzle of Neckis, a trial feared by many for its complexity and unforgiving design.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, a group of intrepid gamers gathered before the towering cliffs of Ellinia, determined to conquer its daunting heights. Among them was a band of mischievous troublemakers known as the Barrel Brigade, renowned for their unorthodox tactics and cunning strategies.

As they gazed upon the intricate jumps and perilous pitfalls that lay ahead, the Barrel Brigade hatched a daring plan. With a mischievous glint in their eyes, they set to work, gathering barrels scattered throughout the landscape.

With deft coordination and precise timing, the gamers manipulated the barrels, covering themselves to bypass the most challenging sections of the puzzle. They laughed in the face of adversity, reveling in their ingenuity as they effortlessly soared through the air.

But their exploits did not go unnoticed. High above, the game moderators, guardians of order within the realm, watched with growing concern. Fearing the integrity of the jump quest was at risk, they intervened, casting spells to stun the participants and restore balance to the game.

Undeterred, the Barrel Brigade rallied, unleashing a powerful skill known as Holy Shield, granting them temporary immunity to the moderators' spells. With renewed determination, they pressed on, their defiance fueling their resolve.

As the clash between gamers and moderators raged on, an unexpected interlude unfolded in a distant corner of the cosmos. Amidst the stars, a lone warrior known as LestheBeaver faced off against a horde of relentless space aliens, his blade flashing with otherworldly power as he vanquished his extraterrestrial foes with unmatched skill and bravery.

Back in Forest of Patience, the moderators, realizing their efforts were in vain, resorted to a drastic solution. With a wave of their hands, they summoned forth spooky ghosts, ethereal beings capable of traversing the boundaries of space and time.

In a flash of spectral light, the gamers found themselves whisked away to a far-off corner of the realm, Butler PQ, their exploits and shenanigans brought to an abrupt halt. Defeated but undeterred, the Barrel Brigade vowed to return, their thirst for adventure undiminished.

And so, amidst the ever-shifting landscapes of MapleLegends, the saga of the Jump Quest of Forest of Patience continued, a testament to the boundless creativity and indomitable spirit of gamers everywhere.

It's very funny how little I had to change to make it factually correct :cow:

"Write an epic tale involving gamers abusing barrel mechanics in order to overcome a jumping puzzle. Have the game mods attempt to fix the problem by stunning the participants, and the gamers come back by utilizing another skill called Holy Shield. Then write an interlude about LestheBeaver killing some space aliens. Finally, have the game mods fix the problem by using spooky ghosts to teleport the gamers far away."

• Great Work Great Work x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    2:42 PM
    Moderator Post
    As the sun rises, and I awake for another day
    A grim reminder in my head makes its way:

"Oak Barrel" the game a skill considers not
    When a field is set to lock abilities and whatnot.

Among neckis, barrels and mirror ghosts
    Various solutions were tried by the game hosts.

But alas, my friends, such is our beloved game:
    Were we expecting a first day where no maintenance came?

Sorry about that. Sometimes I somehow still forget that Barrel isn't included in the field limit that supposedly blocks all skills.

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    https://app.suno.ai/song/e3e72700-dac9-4e47-9860-cf9ff7c5156b

great lyrics for great new emo music

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  4. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    A tale of barrels once was told,
    A clash of wills we saw unfold,
    But before the ash was cold,
    Would come another rush for gold.

Once again, the forests call,
    But not just barrels; to one and all,
    To climb, to jump, to rise, to fall,
    To break ceilings, to climb the wall.

The players leap, and sometimes cry,
    “Take off your NX please, or die.”
    As they ascend towards the sky,
    To come back for another try.

Alas, it happens some have cried,
    “These rates! They are unjustified!”
    And yet, how long since I have spied,
    A playerbase so unified.

For deep forest six I yearn,
    Where fires of industry did burn,
    The axes swing and sawblades turn,
    How many pcoins did you earn?

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    https://app.suno.ai/song/0b072292-70d7-4a45-b2ca-4eb14eedf0cd

sometimes it really struggles to get the genre right, or maybe my instructions are bad. Either way I am now out of credits as I burned the rest on bullying people

• Great Work Great Work x 3