1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Update on the rollback

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:55 AM
    Moderator Post
    Dear users,

As we've mentioned in both Discord announcements and in the 'Dear Community' topic we were still finalising everything with the staff. Here's an update on everything.

~Vote Cash~

We've heard you and after discussing we came to following conclusion:
    • Everyone that voted between March 5~7 will have 15k Vote Cash refunded. This is an automatic process and is now applied.
    • Users that lost their account but voted as well could be refunded, but this will need to be done manually.
    If you are a user that got their account deleted due to rollback, we can manually insert the lost cash. We however will verify that you truly voted, so please do not lie.

Please provide your Login ID and your Character ID(s) and create a Character Issue topic by clicking here

~The 3x EXP, 2x Meso/Drop, 4x Quest EXP compensate~ [Ended]

In the 'Dear Community' topic we've mentioned that we will hold a 3x event together with 2x drop/meso and 4x quest exp due to lost play time. Once again we are sorry that this happened and we hope it will not happen again.

We want to let you know that the bonus will be extended from its original length (Friday to Sunday) to Friday 11:00 PM server time ~ Tuesday 11:00 PM server time.

This way people that are only available during weekdays will also be compensated, as well as the fact the rollback happened during the weekday. The Valentine's Event will end Wednesday.

~Conclusion~

This is the final notice regarding this topic. Once again thank you for playing MapleLegends and continuing to support us.

- MapleLegends Administration & Staff -

*There are times where we communicate through Discord. We have an official discord which you can join by clicking here. Especially during downtimes, we are most responsive there.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 16
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    12:55 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    And all of that because of 1 person. smfh

• Like Like x 2
  3. MikMuk

MikMuk Orange Mushroom

Jan 16, 2017
    Male
    7:55 AM
    MikMuk
    I/L Wizard
    CookieClub
    It's often the case. When you miss your flight because of a holdup on the motorway, odds are it was caused by one person's behaviour. with close on 10 billion of us we just have to get used to it.
    Thanks Kimmy and team. It's going to be a fun weekend.

4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    One final post I am going make some have been asking me about it

Who is the person that exploited?

I am personally not sure, but I am very sure its not a user from here, but someone testing the security. We had people like those in past, but those were usually on good side and would report it to us. This person exploited and tried damage the server, by buying a lot of merchant items illegally. I will not disclose the name because attention is something you should not give to bad users. Just move on.

What's the exploit?

I do not really want disclose it because I feel people will try it out on other servers, which is something I really do not support. However, it was done by exploiting a feature from a specific NPC by doing incorrect server requests. The exploit has been globally patched now.

• Like Like x 6
  5. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    The valentines event was extended because of the rollback or is there a different reason? KimberlyKimberly

6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It was extended due to rollback xNivxxNivx

• Like Like x 1
  7. Duffy

Duffy Orange Mushroom

Mar 9, 2017
    Male
    New York
    2:55 AM
    Derk
    Cleric
    How can I get my nx that I had before rollback?

8. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    As mentioned, if your account got deleted due to rollback and you voted, you will have to open a ticket here:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?forums/character-issues.94/

If you still have your account after the rollback (so basically if you're not new to the server) you will get your NX automatically, as long as you voted these past 2 days.

9. Bok

Bok Timer

Jan 27, 2017
    2:55 PM
    NinjaBok
    Here's a message of support. Y'all are dedicated and this server is good. Keep at it!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    1:55 AM
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    Just wondering, is there a way to recover some of that lost exp?
    Maybe not this time, but could something be set up so that if a rollback happened in the future, we could get part of our hard grinded exp?

11. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    As unfortunate as it is, I believe no because there is no proof to how much exp you lose pre-rollback.
    Unless you can actully predict one and ss your game lol.
    But yea.. even if you have proof I don't think staff will refund your exp and won't refund it to others.

12. Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    2:55 AM
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    Thanks for listening to the community Kim

13. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    1:55 AM
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    On the website rankings, it shows you a character's level and experience amount right? So an admin could look at whatever that was pre-rollback and compare it to what they have now. I don't think it's too hard to track exp gain, problem is, whether GMs will allow refunding exp.

14. saito

saito Slime

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    Syndication
    I/L Wizard
    where do i ask for NX refund?

15. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    It will take a lot of time to look back at the pre-rollback ranking + editting 400+ players exp..

16. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
  17. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    2:55 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Kimmy <3

18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    A rollback doesn't mean the current data is deleted. If you want to know how much exp was lost, just compare data from the last rollback point to the current state.

Also, now that I think about this, if the nature of the exploit had to do with buying stuff in the FM shops, why was exp and level touched at all in this rollback?

19. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is our first rollback since 2 years, so yeah there's few things we've learnt here and there and first time on things can never go perfectly. But to be honest we should not get 'experienced' with handling rollbacks, since rollbacks is something that should never happen to begin with.

However, there's few flaws in your logic. Example, quest items could be lost, but the person would still have completed the quest, thus permanent lose of exclusive quest items.

Now you may say 'ok, revert the quest data too' but then people may got extra EXP from the quests they can do again! So yeah, there's up and downs and flaws to everything, so for now we decided to rollback everything rather just parts, so we don't have to make multiple downtimes because we forgot about something.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well I was only really talking about experience. Not quests and possibly their related items.

BUT. Hey, maybe if players could get nice exp from redoing a good quest, you wouldn't have to bother increasing quest exp to x4. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.