1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Using regular, non-NX weapons/ equips as skins for your actual weaps/ equips.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xHayashi, Apr 2, 2022.

Would you want to see this in the game if it's possible?

1. Would love to see it

2. Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. xHayashi

xHayashi Slime

Aug 20, 2018
    Male
    2:25 PM
    xHayashi
    I'm a returning player and have forgotten alot of things, so please forgive me if I made any mistakes. Before I left a few years back, I was really looking forward to making a properly scrolled Stonetooth as my endgame weapon. But at the time, my life got very busy and I was pretty burnt out from the leech-selling (which felt like a necessity due to lower population at the time) and difficulty in organizing enough people for the harder boss runs. So I left before being able to accomplish this goal of mine.

Now that I'm back, Im thrilled that Pink Bean has finally been released! However, for better or worse, we now have Timeless Weapons as our BIS now. Then it dawned on me, doesnt that mean I can never enjoy the beauty of the ST sword while doing challenging content anymore (since DPS matters)?

I was thinking wouldnt it be cool if we could use regular weapons/ equips as skins for other weapons? E.g. I'd invest in making a good Timeless Nibleheim but have it look like a Stonetooth instead. That way we can enjoy the looks of some of the regular weaps/ equips we like without compromising our character stats.

I'm not familiar with coding/ game design etc. so Im not sure how complex it is, nor do I know if it's smethg in the works. The item could be just be an NX consumable (or even a donor item) where you can select the weapon of your choice, and it'll create a duplicate NX cosmetic copy; so you can put it on like you would for other regular NX cosmetics.

What do you guys think? I personally think it'd be great to see this. But if you disagree, please lemme know why, maybe I can better appreciate the way things are right now!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    12:25 PM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I think it's great, but it basically doubles the weapon assets we have, unless there's some sort of workaround. I'd certainly love to see it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    3:25 AM
    Beginner
    firstly, welcome back mate.

I've actually been on other servers where non nx weapons/armors could be worn over on top of the stats / main weapon that folks are using. This method is somewhat related to client side edits and requires 2 pages of Equipment tab (E) with 1 showcasing the stats gear and the other, the cash side (so whichever equip u would like to wear to showcase would be equipped here). This method however, i have very low hopes of it happening here, also would present many glitches and bugs, such as if you were using a 2H weapon, it must be coded in a way to allow the NX page of equip to only allow for either 1. All weapon type or 2. 2H only. The other method is thru the original maple's "Anvil" system, but this was way later and I'm not sure if the team would be willing to backport this onto the server. Hope this helps :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    xHayashi

xHayashi Slime

Aug 20, 2018
    Male
    xHayashi
    Hahaha true, more inventory space is always welcomed! I'm not as worried about this since I dont think we have that many good looking non-NX skins we'd like to carry around, but that's just me haha I think people that play FashionStory probably carry a lot of diff outfits anyways xD

Thanks! Oic, I think the Anvil method seems more feasible because like you mentioned, probs has less bugs/ glitches. I'd really love to see it tho! Hope this catches the attention of some staff members ;)

5. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    9:25 PM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Maybe making level, type and class locked NX items would be the way if this were ever implemented? I honestly would think it's cool to add most non-NX items as cash items, level, type and class locked, but I do understand that this would probably be a ton of work.
    Level and class locked because I personally don't think it fits seeing a level 10 thief or whatever with a Stonetooth and level 110 archer equips.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    xHayashi

xHayashi Slime

Aug 20, 2018
    Male
    xHayashi
    I completely agree with that, thanks for pointing it! When I was writing the suggestion, I was curious to see if people wud actually want the opposite of what you proposed haha

• Like Like x 1
  7. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    3:25 PM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    I bet the MG2 team will gladly sell ML this mod

• Disagree Disagree x 1