1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the hardest starting job?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lionheart, Nov 4, 2018.

What job is the hardest?

1. Warrior

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. Bowman

19 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Rogue (with claw)

12 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. Rogue (with daggers)

12 vote(s)
    11.2%
  5. Magician

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Pirate (with knuckles)

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Pirate (with guns)

44 vote(s)
    41.1%
  1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:22 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hello! I am thinking of making a revamped starting out guide. But before I do that I want to ask everyone else's opinion. What is the hardest job starting from scratch?

Pretend you are a brand new player joining this server. You have no friends, no funding, no other characters, no months of saving up vote cash to sell gachapon items. No generous high level player to donate anything. Just you and your level 1 beginner. What job is most difficult to get to 2nd job both in terms of grinding speed and pot consumption?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:22 PM
    Moderator Post
    pretty sure warrior is one of the harder ones if you don't know how accuracy works. you will miss everything. pirates if you count how crappy they are early game.

3. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well let's assume you at least know what you are doing and can make a viable build that requires no funding. No warriors with 4 base dex, for instance. No HP washing stats either.

Also, I just refined the poll options a bit, because there is quite a distinction between playstyles of pirates and rogues that use different weapons.

4. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    12:22 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    For completely new characters and my own experience, i'd say warriors due to their lack of accuracy and damage early on in addition to their only mobbing skill requiring both HP and MP which bumps up pot consumption.

Magician and thief are the easiest followed by bowman and pirate respectively imo.

5. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Interesting. I thought warriors would be easy BECAUSE they have a mobbing skill. Come to think of it, so do pirates.

6. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    10:22 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    I agree with most people around here. If we are talking in terms of getting to second job, warriors are by far the hardest class to reach since you will be missing a lot. Next to that, I would say pirates (especially gunslingers) are next hardest since the damage is quite lacking compared to other classes.

7. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well, it's not like I'm here to debate here, but I have made quite a few warriors myself. And I find that simply adding a reasonable amount of dex makes hitting things not really an issue. What I usually do is dex = 2x level, cap at 50.

Remember, this is just for starting out. If a new unfunded player eventually buys or makes good dex gear, they can always AP reset dex to str. Also we even have free boat rides, so a pretty smart player might bum a ride to ludibrium just to buy sniper pills and fly back. Of course, that's boring and I wouldn't want to do that, but simply asking to buy some sniper pills in the FM seems very plausible and fair.

8. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    8:22 AM
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    Warriors for me and I tried all of the classes coming back to the server. Not only did they have the accuracy problem but the main issue for me was the pot consumption over anything. Literally all of my money went into hp/mp pots and I had relied on mob drops for equips.

9. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    3:22 AM
    Bowmaster
    Assuming that 'hard' refers to the difficulty in terms of just reaching LV30 from LV1, and assuming you're pretty knowledgeable on all classes, i'd say you could determine the most difficult to start with, by filtering for the classes hardest to grind on at these levels. I.E. Classes that only have single target skills pre 2nd job and classes that are dependent on accuracy/dex to hit mobs. So maybe rogues? Warriors have their aoe prior to advancing, but they also lose quite a bit of damage going into dex for accuracy. I'd say rogues followed by warriors or vice versa :O

10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I don't usually reply to the forum anymore, but I was so shocked by the replies that I felt the need to chime in.

In my opinion, warriors are far from the hardest class to start out with (especially in reaching level 30). The accuracy problem mentioned above only occurs when you fail to add a reasonable amount of dex, and even then you can compensate for it easily by either spending 5 ap on dex upon leveling or taking acc pots for a bit.

The pot usage kind of surprised me in general. Sure, warriors use a fair bit of pots on spamming slash blast, but let's not forget that it's also one of the very few first job skills that allows you to hit 6 mobs. This significantly improves grinding speed and means that warriors do not consume more pots, they just consume them faster, as they also kill more mobs in the process.

If anything, warrior is probably one of the most tedious jobs to get from second to third job, but definitely not first to second.

11. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I'm completely on the other side of this talk.
    Warrior is the easiest one I'd say while pirate (gun) is the hardest, given how hard it is to train with it's skills ( until lvl 70 when you get flame / ice ).

Only thing I'd say is complicated with a warrior is the need for accuracy... but that's the same for other classes that require accuracy to play, even though they don't require it as much as warriors do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    11:22 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I also think Warriors are the easiest.

Most pots used- Dagger Thief
    Hardest to actually attack monsters- Bowman (can't jump+atk, can't atk up close) Warriors are tied with dagger/knuckle
    Least power- Guns (or mage?)
    Mobility- only pirates get a mobility skill for 1st job, so other 4 classes are equal here
    Power- I have no idea where unfunded Warrior raw damage stands against most others, but it's better than a gun pirate/mage

I don't know where exactly warriors suck in 1st job except for lack of range, but that's shared with two other classes... I think Warrior is tied for easiest with Bandit. Bandits FLY through 1st job if you just do a few quests for pots, and Warriors do a little less damage but are hardest to kill with a little less pot usage

13. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    Warrior was easy for me, I find that Rogue/Bandit is the hardest 1st, 2nd, and 3rd job

14. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    10:22 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I'd argue unfounded pre-30 mages are actually the eaaiest and strongest of all first jobs. There's no penalty to putting all your stats in INT and they have high base skill damage. In old gMS when nobody washed, you can almost always count on that lv25-30 magician to power you through kPQ.
    Plus, magic claw attacks through obstacles.

15. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Mages are heavy hitters in 1st job for sure compared to other unfunded classes. And they are able to attack up close and somewhat ranged.... Warriors don't really start to overpower mages until 2nd job. If not considering pot costs, yeah I guess mages would be easier. But I just realized this thread is about the hardest... I'm an idiot. I changed vote to Bowman, now Warriors aren't creeping up on 2nd place lol

16. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    1:22 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Played through all the classes, and I'd cast my vote on Pirates wanting to become Gunslingers mainly due to lack of power throughout 1st job and they can't do spearslinger route since the criteria is being unfunded.

Archers and dagger thieves are close, but archers at least get some power boost from critical later into 1st job and all thieves can use lucky seven to become a dit/sin.

Warriors have slash blast, accuracy problem is negated by putting up base dex and resetting it later, I find them relatively easy.

Magician's Magic Claw is good.

Knuckle pirates are weak because the weapons are bad but having a mob skill makes up for it honestly.

17. Kruzynn

Kruzynn Slime

Nov 24, 2017
    Male
    4:22 PM
    Kruzynn
    Priest
    imo Warriors is the easiest by far. The only class to get a good/decent mob skill at 1st job and they have a lot of HP. its like playing on easy mode for any other game. any time something has less HP theres less room for error so u have to play perfectly or close to perfect. With Warriors u never have to stress and worry. The accuracy thing wouldve been a problem if Maple items didnt exist and if acc potions didnt exist. with those added warriors essentially dont have any faults.
    the hardest class is gunslingers since they have to use the shitty lvl 10 bullets early on. meanwhile sins can skip all the way to illbis at lvl 10 and do decent damage with the lucky 7 formula of doing more damage if u r dexless. they can bypass subis.

18. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Looks like gunslingers by overwhelming majority!

19. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    8:22 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Easiest to hardest (in my opinion) with explanations:

1. Ice/Lightning mage-- Requires no gear, no HP washing, cheaper than Bishop, doesn't need to group like Cleric or Priest to train efficiently, gets a mobbing skill at 30. Only con is that it requires a ton of mana potions in 4th job and may require MP washing as well at around level 120.
    2. Cleric-- the undisputed King of v62. Do I even need to tell you? Requires no gear for LUKless and no HP washing. Has Heal and Holy Symbol, 2 incredibly useful and important skills in almost all situations. Wanted for bossing and grinding parties. In 4th job they get Genesis, making them one of the strongest mobbers in the game. I only put this below I/L mage because the skillbooks are more expensive and 2nd job can be tough.
    3. Fighter-- Very good damage and very tanky without the need to HP wash. Gear can be expensive at higher levels, but overall nothing too bad. Mobbing skills aren't the best, but they're usable.
    4. Brawler-- I haven't played this one in years and don't see them around much on Legends, so I'm not sure about this one, but from what I understand it does not require HP washing, lots of funding, or any weird gimmicky stuff. It has both mobbing and bossing skills and Speed Infusion, a very appreciated party buff.
    5. Page-- Weak in vanilla v62, but quite buffed in Legends. The Page is a bit like the Fighter, but it slightly lower on the list because training and bossing effectively requires a lot of knowledge of mobs and weaknesses. Because of the lack of resources on how to train a page efficiently I put them lower on the list. Otherwise they're quite good and relatively cheap.
    6. Fire/Poison mage-- The most powerful of the mages in 4th job. Though the F/P has good damage, an easy stat build, and a relatively low cost, it's hurt by an incredibly poor 2nd job and a gimmicky 3rd job that requires knowledge of the best grinding spots. Like I/L, they are quite mana-hungry and may require MP washing at higher levels.
    7. Bandit-- I almost put this one above F/P because it has just about the same problems. I put it lower, however, because of their more expensive gear, confusing stat build (requires DEX, LUK, and often STR as well), and the fact that they straight up blow up money in 3rd job. Again, a poor 2nd job (because of the lack of mobbing skills, just like F/P) and a gimmicky 3rd job that, while fast, requires skill knowledge to be efficient in, sets this class back for newcomers.
    8. Spearman-- A class that would be quite excellent and easy if it wasn't gimped by HP washing. If a player doesn't mind not being HP washed and therefore not getting max damage from Berserk, Spearman becomes a top 5 class for beginners IMO. (Taking Page's place at 5th easiest.)
    9. Archers-- I haven't played one of these in years, but from what I understand, they require a ton of washing, are fairly expensive, and have some difficulty grinding. They do have very high DPS and a much sought after buff in 4th job (Sharp Eyes)
    10. Assassin-- The 2nd strongest bosser in the game. Requires a ton of funding due to the need to HP wash quite a lot and very expensive equips. They struggle to train properly until 70, so loads of people opt to leech them.
    11. Gunslinger-- Theoretically the most powerful bosser in the game... if you can handle the incredibly tedious 30-120 leveling process, afford loads of required HP washing, and know how to play around the battleship mechanic easily.

TL;DR Gunslinger is hardest, I/L is easiest IMO