1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Did You Choose YOUR IGN?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by farewell, Mar 13, 2018.

1. レイン

レイン Red Snail

Jun 27, 2017
    6:01 PM
    Crusader
    Okita - Quite frankly, because I like the character. Both from a historical standpoint and how he/she is portrayed in fiction/media.

2. Sabo

Sabo Red Snail

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    United States
    8:01 PM
    Underjoyed
    Dragon Knight
    Strategy - I really like strategy games and situations you have to think intensely about. I was surprised nobody took the username.

Underjoyed - made it while thinking about my grades in school

• Like Like x 1
  3. StoreClerk

StoreClerk Slime

Mar 24, 2017
    Male
    California
    StoreClerk
    I used to have an islander, but I still wanted a job, so I worked part-time at the Southperry armor shop before making enough mesos to buy a ferry ticket.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dooc

Dooc Red Snail

Jan 19, 2018
    Male
    USA
    9:01 PM
    Dooc/Kooc/Cooc
    I chose my IGN "Dooc" because I like to duke it out with people who say water isn't wet

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BlackSesame

BlackSesame Mano

Dec 26, 2017
    Male
    BlackSesame
    Beginner
    My favorite flavor for Asian sweets is black sesame. The best is black sesame ice cream!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    I actually knew somebody who had the GhenghisKhan ign on GMS back in 2008, he was lvl 150 and at that time was considered god status. For some reason after meeting him, the name stuck in my head longer than any other maple ign I had ever seen including my original global one that I made. Also, GhenghisKhan so happens to also be one of the very few words that maxes out the word count you're allowed to have on maple/actually sounding like something real too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    3:01 AM
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    Play, cuz i like to play with my balls, Sauron, cuz i watched lotr while playing with my balls. Login & Logout cuz i login and then i logout. Kappa. I actually choose my IGNS because they are clean and simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. KrisNardz

KrisNardz Mano

Apr 29, 2018
    Female
    Old Forge, Pennsylvania
    KrisBishop
    Bishop
    None
    Easy. My IGN is KrisBishop because I'm a sucker for support-type mage classes and Bishop is one of my favorite classes in MapleStory because of it. =3

9. Koan

Koan Slime

Apr 2, 2017
    Female
    4:01 AM
    Koan, Kanariya, Ayuppears
    Priest
    Koan, because my favorite villain from Sailor Moon was Koan :D
    Kanariya is a song by my favorite artist Ayumi Hamasaki
    Ayuppears is Ayumi Hamasaki's name mixed with her song appears (or her album LOVEppears) together and I like the sound of it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Batsy

Batsy Red Snail

Apr 14, 2018
    Male
    BatsyDubs
    F/P Mage
    Candies
    BatsyDubs is also my soundcloud, which is my life. I've been producing music for like 6 years now! :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. KrisNardz

KrisNardz Mano

Apr 29, 2018
    Female
    Old Forge, Pennsylvania
    KrisBishop
    Bishop
    None
    I <3 Ayumi Hamasaki. =3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. changhyun

changhyun Red Snail

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    it's my name!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Koan

Koan Slime

Apr 2, 2017
    Female
    Koan, Kanariya, Ayuppears
    Priest
    MapleF15 MapleF15 MapleF15 MapleF15 I live for Ayumi Hamasaki!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Korokuma

Korokuma Blue Snail

Apr 22, 2018
    Male
    Surmage
    F/P Wizard
    It's a combination of two of my favorite anime characters.
    "Koro" from Koro-Sensei (Assassination Classroom).
    "Kuma" from Monokuma (Danganronpa) and cuz I like bears in general.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    All of my characters are names I came up with my senior year of high school when I started writing a sci-fi novel. While my writings have collected dust over the years, I still have some ambition to finish it - it's not likely going to happen any time soon.
    Annolis - Overly self-controlled hero of the story
    Corvack - Side-kick whose impulsively angry actions prevents him from success
    Crisilixin - Main villain of the story
    Tylius - Vaunted symbol of heroism in exploration (does not actually make an appearance in the novel)
    Tisif - Corvack's right-hand man; often foolish, but a savant with machinery/technology
    Katroz - She carries a small torch for Annolis. She understands her priorities and is an overlooked scientific trailblazer
    Marchilles - The adopted son of Katroz, Marchilles was exiled from his home world for a blasphemous revelation he made - which has shattered his confidence.
    Atlan - Crisilixin's right-hand man and Annolis's boss.
    Forg - A subordinate of Annolis and ally of Crisilixin; he is enraged that Annolis was chosen over him (even though he knows Atlan did not make this decision)
    Quallo - A life-long friend of Forg; he is wise and an engineering genius - he secretly believes Forg is out of control and is trying to aid Annolis in his quest
    Nannosh - A high ranking military police officer, she is an adept investigator who has caught Annolis's romantic attention, but she has no interest in reciprocating.
    Chokal - Annolis's second-in-command whose fierce loyalty to Annolis is rivaled by none.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. PerfektAim

PerfektAim Slime

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    PerfektAim
    Outlaw
    Aloha
    PerfektAim
    I'm a Gunslinger. I need aim. And it has always been my gamename.
    I do use a K instead of a C because PerfectAim is usually taken being a popular name. In the dutch / german language a K is a proper replacement for the C. Hence I pick PerfektAim.

17. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    9:01 AM
    Crusader
    Diether was a D&D character I played, specifically a runepriest who used a massive two-handed sword and conjured divine runes to empower his physical attacks. To me, Combo Attack looked like arcane/divine runes, so I ported the character over to MapleStory.

I used the name Mikiera for quite a few characters. Most of them were slightly sneaky, unorthodox characters, and the most recent one was a trigger-happy swashbuckler NPC in a D&D campaign I ran; she was essentially a bard who wielded hand crossbows (reflavoured as handguns).

Caldweiss was one of my newer D&D NPCs; he’s a young lord from a noble house that used to rule in the frigid northern highlands (kinda like House Stark). MapleStory doesn’t have swordmages or bladesingers, but he had ice-themed powers so I/L wizard was the closest fit.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tzachar

tzachar Red Snail

May 2, 2018
    Male
    7:01 PM
    Thonim
    Ranger
    Guildless
    Thonim is my Dungeons and Dragons character name

19. Lucky5

Lucky5 Red Snail

Apr 1, 2018
    Psilocybin
    F/P Wizard
    I just like mushrooms

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thetreforce

Thetreforce Blue Snail

Feb 26, 2018
    Male
    Beorn: My favorite character from The Hobbit.

CappinPiggs: A play on the words "captain" and "pigs". He's a gunslinger and Piggs sounds like an actual last name.