1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zipangu expansion - Neo Tokyo

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shinohara, May 13, 2017.

Would you like to see this in Legends?

1. yes

2. no

3. I do not mind eitherway

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    2:57 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Hello everyone, i'm here today to propose adding Neo Tokyo to Legends which is a further expansion to Zipangu, Japan.

I would assume that some do not know about it or has never had the chance to play this map as it was only released in JMS, TMS, EMS, and MSEA where it was discontinued for the latter 2 after Big Bang or so.

A little backstory on the map itself;
    Neo Tokyo is set 100 years into the future from current Zipangu's timeline where robots rule lands of Japan and is split into 6 different timelines(See below) that chronicles the sequence of events that led to its current state.
    There is also three different endings to the story of Neo Tokyo(normal, good, and true ending) that depends on the order of quests you choose to complete.

Additionally, future Japan is also linked to Maplestory's main storyline as the black mage and magatia is mentioned in the quests.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neo Tokyo serves as a high level/end game map so to speak as despite the basic level requirement of level 100 to enter, the majority of monsters and bosses there far exceed the basic level entry at level 115 as the lowest and 2nd lowest being level 135 and so on.

Additionally, you will need to complete a quest in order to gain access to Neo Tokyo itself that involves going into past zipangu(Kaede Castle) to hunt for specific items or purchase an item with NX from the cash shop to skip the hunting quest.

I personally want Neo Tokyo to be added as well as i have played and painstakingly completed the entire storyline before. SlimeBlush
    *I can help with the data where necessary as i still have my JMS and MSEA clients.

Videos of the map.

You can visit this pages for more information if you're interested in it or support this!
    http://maplestory.Neckson.co.jp/campaign/tokyo.asp
    https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Towns/Japan

• Like Like x 8
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:57 AM
    Moderator Post
    Are these unique clients or the ones available on ragezone? I kind of collect them for archiving reasons (and data) so I am curious which you got :p

And to not derail this thread completely I have added a poll since I've noticed that on feedback like this only 10%ish of people viewing it gives feedback while for polls its much more.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    1:57 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    sugoi neh!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I love the asian imaginations of future robotinfested worlds. Would love to see this!

5. Bobbykimchee

Bobbykimchee Pac Pinky

Feb 1, 2015
    Male
    7:57 PM
    This is literally what i've been saying since last year. THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS!

6. Kittyband

Kittyband Blue Snail

Jun 23, 2016
    12:57 AM
    This was also in GMS , it may have been a bit different though... like I remember getting to Neo Tokyo through Leafre and not Mushroom Shrine. But the map you showed, and the story basis were in GMS.

Anyway, I'd love to see it in here, had a fun quest line MapleF11

7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The one in GMS was called NeoCity which was a heavily nerfed version.

8. OP
    OP
    Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    I'm not sure on whether to call them unique clients but i can confirm that the ones i have is not listed in your client archive thread.

The clients i have are v3.34.7 for JMS and v1.64.2 for MSEA respectively although i do not have the original setups unless you want them as a direct download.
    I have v1.225.3 for KMS as well along with a GMS installation disc that i bought years ago that was bundled with its TCG although i cannot verify its version currently as it is not written on the box.

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I am interested in both direct and setups :)

If you want take the time to upload them for me that would be cool. I can also verify the GMS one for you but seeing it came around TCG its probably one I/we already got :p

Poll looks great so far by the way! Keep voting.

10. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    The one in GMS/KMS is very very different in almost every way, and has been suggested here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/ninja-castle-neo-city-end-game-content.5772/

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    That would be Neo City that was developed as a theme dungeon set in Leafre by Neckson Korea as opposed to the original Neo Tokyo that was made as a Zipangu expansion in 2009 by Neckson Japan.
    I can't recall the exact story details for Neo City but it did derive some story basis from the original storyline such the ties with Magatia and the black mage's involvement is shown in the 1st video during the quest dialogue.

12. OP
    OP
    Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Sure thing, i'm compressing them into rar files currently and will upload them once its done. SlimeTongue

13. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    1:57 AM
    If you add royal guard S, than yes.

14. Pieter

Pieter Slimy

Aug 3, 2015
    Male
    Pieter
    Marksman
    Demure
  15. Kittyband

Kittyband Blue Snail

Jun 23, 2016
    Woopsies that's what I get for going by my shitty memory xD Well then I'd totally love to experience this version of it!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Omg yess, it would be so awesome to see this added SlimeLove

17. Rehab

Rehab Mushmom

Dec 21, 2016
    Male
    1:57 AM
  18. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Yesssss please this, and maybe Ninja Castle aswell cus i see it on that crystal npc chatlog

• Like Like x 2
  19. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    Something other than Dual birks or bosses that drop White Nescheres? OnionYes

• Like Like x 1
  20. seemslegit

seemslegit Mushmom

Apr 23, 2017
    Male
    3:57 PM
    Asura
    Night Lord
    [​IMG]
    juicy ratio

• Like Like x 1