1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Community Poll) OPTION for Boat Ride Skipping

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Hiyo, Mar 20, 2017.

Should skipping OPTION of boat rides be a feature in MapleLegends? (you can still ride the boat)

Poll closed Mar 27, 2017.
  1. No! Boats should remain mandatory ONLY

111 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes! An option to skip would be nice

74 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes! An option to skip would be nice, but make sure it's expensive

37 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    7:14 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
  2. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    3:14 PM
    Demure
    I have a weird feeling MapleRoyals had FairyWing before MapleLegends too MapleF1
    a good example copying sucks :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Actually we had FM warp since day 1. Royals got rid of it since new source.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    4:14 PM
    But MapleRoyals is older than MapleLegends and was the most popular old school private server that time.

5. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    And ClassicMS is older than MapleRoyals who used it too. FM warping is used since 2008, way before Royals. It was a feature inside OdinMS.

• Like Like x 7
  6. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    Well ClassicMS wasn't that popular anyway. I'm talking about the most popular private server atm, ClassicMS died a long time ago.

7. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    You know that green "Market" button that almost every server has? SlimeSlime made that for MapleLegends.

• Like Like x 5
  8. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    And why would MapleLegends be like other private servers? That's why we are arguing about the boat rides right? You guys advertise this server as old school nostalgic private server but you want to teleport to cities instantly, you can teleport to FM instantly, you can choose if you want only fames or defames, don't even mention the rates.

9. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Because Legends is not the old GMS? they're trying to be a little different and unique.
    Legends doesn't have to be 100% old gms-like lol

10. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Just because we say we're old school and nostalgic, doesn't mean we have to be exactly the same as GMS was back then. We can have some new things and some custom things, and still be nostalgic. We also have towns that did not exist in v62 GMS, such as Floating Market, Night Market, Ximending, Shanghai, Temple of Time, Magatia, Malaysia, etc.

Please calm down, we're just asking for your guys' opinions. Nothing has happened yet or has been decided yet. If that was the case we wouldn't be making a community poll and we wouldn't be asking for your feedback.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:14 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    that's why we're getting poll before implying it. if MLs goal was "Royalslike", not "GMSlike", we even don't need to vote on this topic.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Likewise for Old School Runescape community polls are made to look for feedback on changes we consider. I will repeat again that MapleLegends is not a 100% replica of Old MapleStory, but when we consider changes we highly favor the GMS-like opinions. Meaning I most likely will only favor changes if about 75%~ is for the change. Seeing the poll results currently, it looks like a lot want boat rides to stay mandatory, so if that's the case, it stays.

• Like Like x 3
  13. FairyWing

FairyWing Slime

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    that's like saying this is like an original harry potter book, but a little bit different, 100 more pages, new places, new characters.. This is ridiculous, i could make a 10x better advertising.

14. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    We have never advertised ourselves as "the original v62 GMS". Pretty sure we make that clear already with our rates not being 1x/1x/1x.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    2:14 PM
    Defender
    My opinion probably doesn't matter, but I would like to say we already are stepping out of GMS like server. This feature shouldn't even be an option. I'm strongly ahainst it.
    And to come back more to gms like I would like to propose the removal of mts green button feature, as people do it like in royals to fm buff themselves which is way too op. MapleStory is about friends and partying with random people, building strong relationships. I know the community is not as big as we want, but reducing multiclienting so people would find bishops, archers to get buffs would be cool. Instead of creating endless buff mules.
    Just my opinion, please don't flame.

• Like Like x 9
  16. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I might not be part of staff but lemme tell you that every single opinion/feedback matters :heart:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    How about everyone goes about their business, votes for their prefered option and if they feel like it leave their opinion here. Like everyone should be doing,
    instead of starting a meaningless useless discussion that could last days.. FairyWingFairyWing

Personally I vote for boat rides to stay as they are, they've always been part of the game, heck it's what made the game more fun for most people.
    Because honestly, who wouldn't want a slightly longer lasting experience on this server? (example! Can insert any other game that's fun to you lol)
    In a way that's what these boat rides do aswell, we've got countless of things to do during the ride whether that be in-game related or it having to do with your life outside of maple.
    There'll only be a few left after a while, IF you add the option to skip boats etc, that'll still take the rides. Simply because once you get the option to save time a lot of people tend to go for that option.
    I'd be guilty of it too if that were to happen, would love to keep riding the boat but if nearly everyone skips them what's the point of doing it yourself if you almost never have anyone to hang out with on there during that short period of time (if the social part is what you're looking for on most rides, that is). :)

• Like Like x 6
  18. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    8:14 AM
    Paladin
    one is playable while the other is unplayable

• Like Like x 13
  19. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    2dd.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. Hurt

Hurt Slime

Mar 12, 2017
    Male
    6:14 AM
    Hurt
    Assassin
    Mafia
    Guys come on you get a 30 minute break to fapfap from shiprides, do you really wanna NOT fapfap? OnionWhatever

btw FairyWingFairyWing , guess the last stunt you pulled wasn't a test after all ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.