1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring Back Monster Carnival?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by nam430, Apr 5, 2017.

1. nam430

nam430 Red Snail

Mar 9, 2017
    1:48 PM
    NamNam
    Assassin
    Lame
    Would it be possible to have monster carnival fixed and put back? it was a great means for leveling for me in old GMS and was a load of fun. i think it'd be a great addition for the game if it were to return.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    8:48 PM
    We never had Monster Carnaval here though. :eek: It's something we do want to add in the future, but at the moment, we're focusing on content for higher level players. :)

• Like Like x 5
  3. JBeebzOnly12

JBeebzOnly12 Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    USA, Arizona
    11:48 AM
    Desolate
    Islander
    Desolate
    JUSTICE FOR LOW LEVELS!

STOP THE DISCRIMINATION!

(kidding<3)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:48 PM
    Moderator Post
    What I see in CPQ (well, at least we have more users now) is people enjoying it for one moment, and than win trading all day, which basically defeats the whole purpose of a PQ and is just there for quick exp.

The problem with CPQ and the above is that its one if not the most complex v62 PQ to make (GMS-like, not poorly custom), so with the concerns above we just have priority for other things first (ex: APQ).

• Like Like x 3
  5. JBeebzOnly12

JBeebzOnly12 Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    USA, Arizona
    Desolate
    Islander
    Desolate
    Oh crud..well see that's understandable. I think it just comes as a surprise to many players when they find out we have KPQ but not CPQ.
    I personally don't mind CPQ not being there, I'm just happy I have my beloved KPQ<3 0u0

6. Radagast

Radagast Orange Mushroom

Mar 30, 2017
    Male
    9:48 PM
    Radagast
    Home
    Hi kim :p
    I have great great suggestion for pq like carnival!
    As we all know ,bring this pq for the low lvls (35-71) can hurt the ludibrium and orbis pq activity. but there is other side which include the low-middle lvls such lvls 75-90 for example.
    At these lvls (from 75 and above) people always prefer to just grind because they starting to get low exp from the ppq which is profitable more for lvls 55-75.
    So if you will think about bring the cpq ,just be aware of the option to open the gates of the pq for these lvls without hurting the activity of the rest pq's (between lvls 75-90+-)

I'd love to know your opinion about that :)

7. Abamita

Abamita Mushmom

Mar 30, 2015
    3:48 PM
    Abamita
    Chief Bandit
    Bumping this thread to make the suggestion that CPQ rewards be reworked to deter trading wins. The best way I can think of doing this is to make rewards mostly dependent on the contributions of the individual players. So the weakest link on the winning team will receive much fewer Maple Coins and experience than its best member, and the benefit of winning as a team is reduced. Something like that. This is far into the future, so I'll bring it up again once CPQ is on the table, but I'd hate to see it lose the competitive edge.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:48 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I also had an idea where the rewards started out small but increased as you won more games in a row (up to 3). That way if you traded wins, everyone would be getting the least amount of exp constantly, and it would hopefully encourage players to try their best.

But then again, no one really likes losing, so if the exp was that bad to not be worthwhile, don't think anyone would want to join the CPQ thinking they will lose.

Maybe some kind of exp reward based on the scoring would be better, but also would be more the better your competition did. Either way, still seems like there could be ways to game the system.

9. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    2:48 PM
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    Everyone's talking about CPQ and I'm here missing Ariant PQ - that capture PQ thing where you get a palm tree chair

• Like Like x 3
  10. EonDelirium

EonDelirium Timer

Apr 17, 2017
    Male
    Burning Lands of Ariant
    Delirium
    Magician, F/P Wizard, F/P Mage
    SugarBabies
    What about Ellin Forest PQ? It would be awesome if is inside the server along with Amoria PQ/Ariant PQ

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rehab

Rehab Mushmom

Dec 21, 2016
    Male
    2:48 PM
    Cpq plz MapleF4

• Like Like x 3
  12. Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    9:48 PM
    I/L Wizard
    I don't even play here anymore but i'm still here to say that CPQ was literally one of the greatest times back in the days even though i started playing MS around 2005. BRING CPQ BACK !

Don't listen to Kimberly, she supported taking ships away and make it non mandatory.

Check this video out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9WBGdLSgfA

• Like Like x 1
  13. Boyco

Boyco King Slime

Apr 24, 2017
    Male
    That sounds like a good idea, but lets not forget that Clerics used to be the healing members in this pq, and this would hurt them and force them to forget about their supportive role and adapt to a fighting one
    Also, assuming there would be enough people to choose, this would encourage parties to be more equal in terms of members, probably abstaining from recruiting a godly funded individual because of the exp.
    These two are possible consequences, which aren't necessarily good or bad.

14. TraGuy

TraGuy Mano

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    JetGatling
    Outlaw
    Higher level players = CWKPQ hype??????

15. AlmondMilk

AlmondMilk Slime

Apr 26, 2017
    Female
    2:48 AM
    AlmondMilk
    Hero
    CPQ please!! best pq ever (even though trade wins and all, but it was still fun!). Sometimes players still DO play competitively, which makes it really fun. I feel that we should not be too quick to assume that in CPQ all people do is trade win (this did happen but it wasn't 100%). It was the best part of maple for me :)