1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Enquiries about IGNs

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by aika, May 24, 2017.

1. aika

aika Mano

May 21, 2017
    11:19 AM
    Hi, I'm new around here.

So, I've searched for names I desired, some of the names didn't show up in the ranking, but when I attempt to use these names in the game, it says the name "is currently being used"? How come? So is there's a way to get these IGNs? Do I donate and purchase the inactive account IGN change thing (which I haven't seen in the cash shop by the way). Can anyone assist me?

Thank you.

2. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    7:19 PM
    Defender
    Perhaps the person was banned, therefore it doesn't show up on ranking, so you can't take that ign

3. OP
    OP
    aika

aika Mano

May 21, 2017
    Alright, thanks. But how do I change IGN though?

4. Granberg

Granberg The one and only

May 13, 2015
    Male
    8:19 PM
    Granberg
    Ranger
    Quest
    do @changeign
    it will cost you 20k donor points to do so

:pinkbean:

5. OP
    OP
    aika

aika Mano

May 21, 2017
    Thanks! Is it the same command as changing from inactive users?

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:19 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Maybe they are swapping lower case L for upper case i.

L l

i I

l I l I l I l I l I

Hard to tell the difference here, isn't it? And it's impossible to tell the difference in game.

...or now that I think about it, maybe not. Have an example of a name?

7. OP
    OP
    aika

aika Mano

May 21, 2017
    I don't think that's quite the case. I searched for the username Aika through the ranking and now only realized there is one. I'm sorry I don't know how my eyes deceived me last time. So yeah, the name's actually taken. I assume that the person is no longer active so I can take their IGN, perhaps?

• Like Like x 1
  8. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    You can ask a GM (most preferably Kimberly) when the account was last online. Usually if it's a long inactivity you can ask for the IGN.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    aika

aika Mano

May 21, 2017
    Sounds good, thanks.

Thanks everyone.

10. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I'd be pretty pissed if I had lost my character names when I returned last month after a 2 year hiatus.

To the staff:
    I hope you don't take peoples names away without asking the owner first.

• Like Like x 7
  11. OP
    OP
    aika

aika Mano

May 21, 2017
    Honestly, 2 years of hiatus might be a bit too long and of course I wouldn't want it if the owner themselves refuse to give their IGN(s) away. But is there's really a way to contact them after, say, "2 years" of hiatus?

Also, I read somewhere that only characters level below 15 in an account that haven't logged in for at least a year will get their IGN wiped upon request. So I don't see how this will affect majority of the active older players. Don't quote me, I got my info ommitted since I've red various threads in relation to this topic.

12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    This is how it was in GMS. I don't see a problem in letting people keeping their names.
    How come you think you deserve the name just because he hasnt been playing for a while? Your not more entitled than someone else, no matter how long they have been away. Imo ofcourse.

Your assuming something. You could not possible know what his or her intentions are without assking the person.

13. OP
    OP
    aika

aika Mano

May 21, 2017
    1. This is not GMS. 2. The staff actually enabled this themselves so if you have problem with that, head to the suggestion section and ask them to stop what they do.
    Like I said above, the staff of this server enabled this, whether or not am I feeling like I deserve the name more than they do is none of anyone's concern. I am simply asking for it because it has been made possible by the staff themselves.

14. ApplePie

ApplePie Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2015
    2:19 PM
    ApplePie / Feel
    Halcyon
    what about AlKA aka ALKA LOL

15. OP
    OP
    aika

aika Mano

May 21, 2017
    Totally possible. But I'm just not fond of uppercase'd name. Definitely not for an introvert like me (Laughs). Though I'm still thinking whether or not should I really spend so much money for an IGN. Might as well need to settle down with a new name instead.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    This server is made primarily from the v0.62 GMS client. This is fact.

Another fact, members of this server value staying true to this GMS version to an unreasonable level. So much that we can't even enhance FM, even though it would benefit the servers popularity greatly, and players would no longer need to refer to FM as StaleMarket. But thats a discusion for another day.

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well generally, when a character (or all characters on an account) hasn't even reached 2nd job and the player has never logged on for many months, it is a very safe assumption that they have no interest in the server and have moved on.

And if not? Too bad. imo.

18. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Does this opion end here, can you take peoples equips when they haven't played for a while too?
    How much can you take from people who hasnt played for a while?

When you say it's a safe assumption, how do you come to this conclusion is it just your opion or has there been released any statistics by the staff to back this up?

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    What kind of wacky slippery slope argument is this?? You know what, I'm not even going to address it. It's utterly stupid.

And it's a safe assumption... because it's blatant common sense. Low level characters = not much time invested. Not much time invested = you care less about your characters, your account, and the server.

Gone for a long period of time can mean many things, but generally it also usually means you have lost interest in your characters, your account, and the server. And the longer someone is gone, the less likely they are to care.

Granted, there are some exceptions. I know there are some pretty high level people that disappeared for a long time and then came back. But then again, they were high level, and the whole discussion isn't talking about taking those names. The people who will be "affected" by this are very likely to not care because they have invested so little time in the server.

Which brings up my question: why are you being so overly protective? Perhaps you think you are standing tall for what's right and fair? But why do you owe some completely anonymous strangers across the internet anything? Tell me why a player who has contributed nothing to the server, who has invested less than a couple hours into playing, who hasn't even bothered to log in for even a minute once a month or so deserves to keep their character's name?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Camille

Camille Master Chronos

May 12, 2017
    Female
    USA
    1:19 PM
    Camille
    Warrior
    Muse
    I was actually wondering about this as well. I used 2 upper case i's for my name, since the original Camille is taken. I searched her name in the rankings, and turns out she's a level 31 cleric but according to older players, that person hasn't logged on in forever and has been that level for a long time. After some thought, I've decided that I'm not going to fight for her IGN simply because she reached 2nd job advancement (I respect that she did put those hours into earning that achievement)--but if I were to continue fighting for her IGN... would she end up having mine? Or does her account get deleted?

• Like Like x 1