1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Player Tips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AGGrey, Jul 3, 2017.

1. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    5:43 PM
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    Hey guys, old player coming back. I decided Legends over Royals bc i hear the New Source killed their server (or made it very buggy). I plan to make a dragon knight and wanted to know if theres anything I should know so I dont make any noob mistakes. Like what is hp washing and should I do it? Also any general tips or guides to look over for dragon knights on this server? Thanks guys!

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:43 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Dark Knights don't NEED to hp wash per say, but you will be severely crippling your boss DPS if you don't.

You have a skill called zerk which increases your damage when you have like 40% of your HP. Luckily though, as long as you get a zhelm or something you'll have enough MP for enough washes.

(DRK's are very easy to wash)

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    Hi, I'm Nicholas, and I have a level 139 DrK on this server, allow me rephrase what was just said: Wash your Drk or you will hate your Drk and quit your Drk. Washing a Dark Knight or any warrior is VERY VERY VERY inexpensive and easy. I am sure there are many guides on the forums about how to hp wash. To get max HP on a DrK you'll need about 40 int from level 10, or you can put in less and get more from equips (costs $$ though).
    The benefit of equips is that they only need to be equipped at the time of leveling, so you damage won't be lowered by having points in int. However the downside is that it is easy to forget int gear and you also need to pay $$ (but you can always sell the gear when you're done so...). If you are washing (which I highly reccommend (clearly)) start saving you NX for AP resets as soon as possible (don't buy gach). Anyhow, DrK is really fun, but just know that Berzerk 30 is a very expensive skill book so you'll need to be good with your money.

If you've already started you Spearman and hadn't prepared to wash by adding int, don't worry. When Is started as a Spearman I didn't know what HP washing was until level 50 and I just hit max HP; I only had to add 30 int and wear some, to be honest, kinda crappy int gear. So don't feel like HP washing is going to be a pain, it's really not that hard (for warriors).

I also recommend my questing guide:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/quest-guide-1-35-made-easy.12152/

I did this on my Spearman when Is tarted out, I will be updating this eventually to include quests that give you scrolls that can be sold for decent funds. I reccommend going dexless or low dex, especially since maple weapons are now in circulation (they weren't when I joined and I was dexless lol).

4. gurkha

gurkha Horny Mushroom

Apr 14, 2017
    Male
    isreal
    12:43 AM
    Gurkha
    Assassin
    dijbouti
    1. Hp wash is a must and its eazy as a warrior you gain 50-55 hp per 4 mp, you need it to trigger berzeker . Askill that raise ur dmg if ur hp is under x% so u will need max hp to stay alive.
    2. Int for waahing is depends on when u want to hit max hp.
    Try to find cheap int gear should be enought like wand, robe, earrings, and add base int for ur goal as early as possible.
    3. Find good guild
    4. First good equip should be zhelm to buy at lvl 50

5. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    There are some great guides here on the forums and out in the wild about HP washing, as well as some tips for new players.
    • Here's a great training guide if you're lost on what maps to train on at lower levels: here.
    • Another great guide on starting out and making mesos: here.
    • HP washing guide #1: here.
    • HP washing guide #2: here.
    There are a lot of great guides in the Guide Directory. If you have any more questions, I'd search around on Google. AyumiLove is a great place for beginner guides and skill builds for classes. Hidden Street (Before Big Bang) is an excellent place to search almost anything v62-related, from monsters to quests to items to equipment.

And if you have any more ML-related questions that can't be answered elsewhere, feel free to ask on the forums or in our Discord channel!

6. OP
    OP
    AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    Sweet thanks guys! Also does anyone have any recommendations ap wise bc ive never made a warrior before. This one guide I found on Legends for dark knights said: "I added 35 STR to be able and do my job. From there I only added int till I was at 80. from there you can add your points to STR / DEX.
    At lv 90 till 130 I added all my points into HP and will wash them back over time."

Is that still relevant? Also what is a good base dex to have? 50 maybe?

7. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    HP washing is still relevant. It just depends on how much you want to wash. I've never washed a warrior before, so I can't help too much, so I'd pick a legit looking guide and try to follow that.

8. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    yes, I did this except started at level 100 and ended at 135 since I started late with my int. It takes approximately 35 levels of AP to wash. You might also consider doing some washes while you're lower level, and if you level slow (relatively, <1 level/day) I would recommend washing every time you level, this will give you more HP and make you use less potion/die less often, you also won't need to deal with the crippling damage stagnation from level 90 and onward.
    Another note: at higher levels you generally get 5-7 MP on level-up, meaning you can do additional washes (or have additional MP). Even though I am done washing I am trying to get my MP back to 1600 with HB, this allows my potions to last longer as I can use sorcerer elixers to their fullest.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    What is your base dex and what level should you add dex? Also I don't have any int equips (since this is my first character) so should i buy some so I can equip them before I level to gain more mp asap? Or should I just not worry about that until lvl 90 when i hp wash? Sorry for the amount of questions, I just really dont wanna mess anything up and have to restart

10. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    3:43 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    A really good tip that I can give besides everything that has been written here is that you should try and limit your hp.
    Even if you are not a lvl 120 yet with zerk, starting from level 30 or even below, try limiting your hp to the point where you know your "danger zone"

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    I had base dex 4 until level 95 when I added in more (20 dex) so I could hit Dreamy Ghosts. So you don't need any dex at first, just try and find some gear with accuracy (brown bandana, fish spear, glove dex, shoe dex) (yes, i did use shoe dex), just until you can get a maple impaler (I have a decent one for sale/loan (to friends)) Also, just put in 40 int and worry about int gear later, you'll end up with extra MP that you probably won't regret. you can also put in the int gradually (5-10 every 10 levels) until you hit 40 int (then get int from gear later, zak helm and dep star is an easy +20, and wands/gloves/crappy OA and earrings are not that expensive either) I get +60 from my gear alone.