1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dex vs luck equipment for sin/hermit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Noxa, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Noxa

Noxa Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    2:05 AM
    Hi,

Is there a big difference between going dexless and buying dex equipment to make up for it vs doing low/normal dex and buying luck equipment? Is one more pricey than the other or advantageous in some other way?

Thanks

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    11:05 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Maple warrior increases your stats based on your base stats. In this sense the sin with more base luk gets a bigger boost. Other than that , no there's no difference assuming equal gear.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Noxa

Noxa Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    Alright thanks. So that means earrings, shoes, helmet, capes, etc will be equal in pricing? So 10 dex shoes/earrings/cape is equivalent to 10 luck in price?

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    No dex is way more expensive

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Noxa

Noxa Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    Got it, thanks!

6. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    8:05 AM
    You can use the MW bonus to help you wear something though. With that said I do think gear bonuses should go towards the secondary stat first and foremost as it may save you ap resets later.

7. OP
    OP
    Noxa

Noxa Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    I see what you mean, but if its all the same (aside from MW), it would be better to get luck equipment because its cheaper (at least from my perspective). Could be wrong.

8. gurkha

gurkha Horny Mushroom

Apr 14, 2017
    Male
    isreal
    9:05 AM
    Gurkha
    Assassin
    dijbouti
    Dex can be used on all classes but luk only thief

9. OP
    OP
    Noxa

Noxa Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    Yea that's true, but I'm only gonna be playing thief anyway (probably). If luck equipment is cheaper and you get the same result as going dexless, then may as well.

10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    IMO you should go dexless + get luck equips. It's actually a lot cheaper than being low dex (since you need to buy dex equips) and you will do ALOT more damage than full dex. Yeah some of the claws are expensive, but there are budget options (you can get crappy 100% scrolled maple claws for under 3m, bad skandas for under 10m etc.).

11. OP
    OP
    Noxa

Noxa Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    So if for the sake of argument you're lvl 50 and you're aiming to have 70 dex:

base stats 25 dex, 237 luck, and you have equipment that gives you +45 dex and +20 luck vs
    base stats 50 dex, 212 luck, and you have equipment that gives you +20 dex and +45 luck

Would these 2 sins not have the same damage and same accuracy? And since luck equipment is cheaper, it won't be as pricey the 2nd way, right? Unless I've misunderstood everything haha

12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You don't quite get what I'm trying to say. What you want to do right now (from my understanding) is make an assassin and use NORMAL claws. Normal claws require dex, so you would be forced to either add base dex or get dex equips.

What I am reccommending is to go STRAIGHT UP dexless, and NOT USE normal claws. You should use dexless claws (claws that require no dex to equip) like garnier, maple claw, maple kandoya, shinobi bracer, maple skanda, and NRC. The reason for this is that given the same amount of funding, dexless out damages reg dex / low dex in early levels (1-100). The dexless claws are expensive, but you can get ones that have low attack cheap.

Afterwords when you get more wealthy, u can convert to low dex.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Noxa

Noxa Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    I see, so its more of an early game advantage that eventually phases out but is cheaper. Thanks for the help!

14. changhyun

changhyun Red Snail

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:05 AM
    What are some equips you should be aiming for as a dexless sin besides the claws? EX around lev 50: a decent WA glove, maple kandayo but what about shoes/earring/hat/top? I know around 80 people recommend pirate set etc.

Also, thanks for information thus far, really helpful :yay:

15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    the only thing that matters is weapon ATT and luk, so really if you can get a 6 att wg and a 100% scrolled dexless claw your damage should be decent. With regards to the other stuff, just get whatever u can afford.