1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Endgame Content in MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Hiyo, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    5:40 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I mean if this keeps going on, they won't be able to advertise as vanilla v62 nostalgic servers. content is fun though, so it depends on what legends wants. Keep original or change it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    6:40 PM
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. I love v62 Maple but the content it has on mid/late game is pretty lacking in my opinion. Though they partially countered it by having 3x quest exp. Other than that, don't we all just grind bosses after a certain Lvl? I hope the staff can make such a decision. Tweaking to much and they can't advertise this server as a vanilla v62 server indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    2:40 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    When's Krexel?

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    The post did mention there is no ETA on when this content is released, but that it has simply been approved for the future. At the rate things go we prob won't be seeing this end game content for months/years lol, but as a few have mentioned above; an extreme few are even eligible for such content and other things should be taking priority. Apq for example still hasnt been implemented and i have yet to hear anything about it. Also wasn't krexel approved and under discussion regarding drops?

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:40 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh right. Would definitely want APQ and MPQ (Magatia PQ) first! :p

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We just want to say ahead of time that Krexel GMS-like was absolutely crap, so if anyone want to do Krexel (more than once lol), he would need to be custom and or have custom drops. How would you take that approach personally?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Krexel from what I've seen works well as an exp-daily. You run it 2x, if you finish it within the timer and actually kill the damage sponge boss that is krexel, you get a huge amount of exp.

Source : Royals. (Works well) :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Royal's Krexel is custom both the ring, and the EXP

I said GMS-like, not Royals-like.

EDIT: Unless you mean copying what they did with it

9. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I meant copying them, as I said it works well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Manny

Manny Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    11:40 AM
    Manny
    Bowmaster
    Animals
    That feel when you finish the HT wash to get this news

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    12:40 PM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Was just bored and gathered this info (+/- a few pages, 5 chars per page)
    6355 pages of characters level 10+, 31,775 players level 10+
    167 pages of characters level 120+, 835 players level 120+ (2.6% of characters above level 10)
    18 pages of characters level 170+, 90 players. Out of this 33/90 are non-mages. (0.10% of characters above level 10)

0.10%..... better start thinking of more end game content, jk most don't have enough hp to even attempt it. FeelsBaboMan

Edit: keep in mind legends has been around for 2 years.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    7:40 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    There are ways to avoid damage, but it does make it easier to tank 1 magic hit and live. It should be a challenge, and thank you for the data ZeretiusZeretius , once again, we are far off from releasing it and we want this to be something people look forward to like how the current aspiration is HT.

• Like Like x 1
  13. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    12:40 PM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    probably due to the fact that legends was hella dead last year ResidentSleeper

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Bullet

Bullet Blue Snail

May 12, 2017
    Male
    11:40 AM
    BulletTime
    Beginner
    So when does this stop? I mean if "this is a nostalgia v62 server" isn't an argument then just do all changes that the majority want to be applied... Like Mano in Maple Island or idk... after all the content added and planned to be added like CWPQ etc., the "that is not how v62 was" argument is pretty much invalid and I thought it was kinda the essence of this server...

After reading all the posts I wanted to say that me and maybe other players started playing this server in the first place because it was going to stay stuck in that nostalgic time where your last goal is to HT and get your zhelm godly scrolled or w/e. Of course after some time old players want new content as well as the staff, I would guess so they get more new things going on and spice things up maintaining the old players base (I can also imagine being part of the staff of a server which will never have any new change would be boring so they also do it to have something interesting to work on and "improve" the playing experience).

So what is my point? Well, none I guess... only wanted to let know what I feel because there might be other players that feel the same way.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I couldn't tell you when it stops because I'm not part of the staff. But clearly we won't have the maker skill, big bang, cubes, and other pay2win trash.

If you want my opinion, you should expect the game to be just as challenging, if not moreso with the new content. I agree that something in the server advertisement needs changing, since it's no longer accurate, and quite frankly I am getting tired of even older players who are aware of this that keep repeating "it's a nostalgic v62 server". Nostalgia should be emphasized for beginning and mid-game content, but not endgame content.

And also, Mano shouldn't be on maple island because maple island is a place where new players are supposed to get acclimated to the game, free of high level bullies, and leave. My reasoning has nothing to do with whether it was gms-like or not, or if it was specific to a certain version or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    12:40 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I feel like new areas and endgame challenges shouldnt ruin the nostalgia. For me as long as some of the core attributes and mechanics of the game stay the same, it's good enough to be called "nostalgic maple".

Examples: 5 base jobs, no aran or cygnus. Boat travel. Maple island. Early game PQs. Classic fm function. No skills with drastically altered functionality. No GMS exp rates. No potential cubes. No p2w. Classic items like zhelms and htps retain their position.

I dont think adding more endgame goals would affect the experience, especially not if its in a positive manner.

One of the items on my personal wishlist (not holding my breath by any means nor am I about to create a suggestion thread) is magatia pq, because it gets people to get together and do a fun, involved pq that does not give an overpowered reward, all while giving decent exp in a level range where most people are just solo grinding.

I think endgame pqs should be like that- encourages getting together and is a viable alternative to, but does not render useless, classic activities for that level range.

It would upset the "nostalgia factor" if it supplanted other activities. Like carnival pq would destroy ludi pq, chronos grinding and mu lung grinding forever- it's just way too good that if you werent doing it, you'd be wasting your time. So that's an example of what the new endgame content should not be.

Obviously i agree that what is considered acceptable for somebody might not be for another. Will be up to the GMs to decide on that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    MapleLegends was never content wise 100% v62 like, and even back in 2015 people bugged us over and over and over to add ToT. ToT was released in v72 which is the version when Medals and Pink Bean was released.

There's some users that fight here for the 'v62 nostalgia' but did wanted ToT added back then, when we were still only having skelegons as end game, so that's a bit twisted.

MapleLegends also has nostalgic content from other regions such as Shanghai, Ximending, etc which was because my goal was no longer to be GMS-like nostalgic but all region nostalgic, so we even deliver nostalgia for MapleSEA users.

Do note this topic is 'endgame content' and there's still other content being worked on. Something I personally still need finish is building101, which is the TMS version of Kerning Square. That is something else that will surely be added still.

18. JustAPig

JustAPig Master Chronos

Jul 8, 2017
    Vancouver Canada Taipei Taiwan LosAngeles US
    9:40 AM
    JustAPig
    Chief Bandit
    Honor
    Building 101 is a really good place to grind mobs. Can't wait to spend hours and hours there.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I hope you will at least consider tweaking the voting advertisement and the FAQ to reflect the endgame content goals... because some people are taking their interpretations way too far.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I suddenly got pretty motivated to just finish this, especially after I did find out the mobs are much stronger than the re-skinned Kerning Square version. So will probably finish it without the quests at first, and release it. Maps and mobs were already translated while ago, but lost motivation to do rest. :p

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1