1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Endgame Content in MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Hiyo, Jul 22, 2017.

1. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    9:37 AM
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Is Krexel not available on Legends ? Not many of the players seem to know what Krexel is since it was a boss in MapleSEA (Singapore map) so its hard for me to ask.

• Like Like x 1
  2. FireMushroom

FireMushroom Horny Mushroom

Nov 28, 2016
    9:37 PM
    Someone plz hold my (root) beer for a little while, as I had an interest in Neo Tokyo/ City back in the day.

The first thing I want to comment on is new bullets!

After that I'm going to talk about what GMS got which was Neo city.Basically it was the watered down and streamlined version of Neo Tokyo. There was a lot of grumbling about it but I would say that "City" was not all bad. Since the usual trend is that only a small number of players achieved higher levels Pre big bang, the easier Neo city did have an advantage in that I believe it could be finished solo. It also provided a decent source of exp for its level range and a few alternative maps for grinding that were not overly difficult. Some of the biggest disadvantages to Neo city were the losses/ nerfing of certain items and a change in the story line to become much simpler than the original.

In a word, Neo city was quite practical but it did not really encourage players to push the limits in terms of being a challenge.

I would not consider myself to be an expert on the gameplay of Neo tokyo but I can make a few observations from available information sources. The mobs and quests look tough! From what I could piece together of the story back then, it sounded very interesting. (if you are into quest dialogue) In terms of usability, MAYBE you could grind there with a very strong character but a lot of the mobs can inflict status effects so that reminder of the difficulty would always be present. There are also PQ style raid bosses that need to be cleared to reach new areas. So its kind of like a hard ice cream sundae with hot lava and 10 tons of bricks stacked on top.

I'd say that Neo tokyo is far less practical than Neo city but also several times more cool. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to consider oneself to be "elite" if a character went to this area and did not die immediately. Neo tokyo also has the advantage of being an area that seems more likely to promote partying. (even if only to clear the bosses) It also has the un nerfed items that can be found/ crafted which I am not completely familiar with. Of course REQUIRING parties for certain parts can be a double edged sword, especially at a level range as high as Neo Tokyo is.

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen (sips drink) a really impressive region which is also very dangerous and loaded with challenge. I would be in favor of adding either Neo tokyo or city, to be honest. Although I'm not sure what to say about how hard the mobs hit, maybe everybody remakes their characters as bulky tanks?

If Neo tokyo is being considered then does that mean Ninja castle is in the works?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    10:37 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    From a game design point of view, the benefits of NT vs NC is a just a question of accessibility vs challenge as you have mentioned.
    And yes, the mobs and quests are indeed difficult with some items taking almost a century to drop if lady luck does not shine any light(i took about 2 months to finally obtain the quest item in Map 4 -Tokyo Skies).

I'm not really sure on if i should comment on the aspects of practicality with regards to implementation as unlike NT which is pre-BB, NC is a product that stretches beyond just post-bb which would make it incompatible with v62 if not mistaken. Oh and you're right about the part on parties as the boss raids and level progression is centered around it.

I can only confirm the status of Neo Tokyo as a yes although Kaede Castle should also be a yes as there are specific items which must be collected from there in order to access Neo Tokyo.

4. FireMushroom

FireMushroom Horny Mushroom

Nov 28, 2016
    I was fuzzy on the exact dates but according to the timeline, Neo city did apparently come out post-bb. In that case, I suppose the choice becomes a lot easier! I remember that Neo city was a lot more streamlined but I did not consider that it was the beginning of the "dumbing down" period for GMS. Which means that Neo tokyo was one of the last areas to be designed according to pre-bb standards.

When it comes to end game, I can see why Neo tokyo would be on the list. I'm not sure how many players can truly appreciate what it represents but I would be on board with NT's addition to the server.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  5. Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    I rechecked my sources and screenshots just to be sure as i used to play KMS as well and it seems i made a mistake on one part, Neo City was actually introduced prior to Big Bang in 2009 with the latter being implemented a year later, although whether it was implemented pre or post bb will also depend on the server you played.
    KMS was Pre-BB(NC -2009, BB - 2010), MSEA was Post-BB(BB - 2011, NC - 2012), JMS(BB - 2010, no info on NC but NT was still around as of 2012 which had incorporated profession recipes for the NT exclusives(Chaos).)

6. StoreClerk

StoreClerk Slime

Mar 24, 2017
    Male
    California
    6:37 PM
    StoreClerk
    Which majority is being catered to exactly? The 0.10% of players level 170+ or the other 99.9% of players? As a new player to legends, I find this distinction important, especially in an 'endgame content' thread. Should then I plan for 8.5k base HP, or is it seemingly better to wash only to 5.6k HP and assume I'll be taken care of like the rest of the 0.10%?

I know the point of this topic is to find a solution that pleases the majority, but I think a pretty clear decision has to be made to either flat-out nerf the boss (or alternatively buff player's HP through equips) or abandon those who have no chance of meeting the HP requirement, and the staff's posts seem to imply the latter.

7. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    4:37 AM
    Thief
    just plan for 8.5k.. this is the point of this thread

8. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:37 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Lol, and what about people that are 200 already were 19x when this came out ? How do you plan for 8.5k hp at that point? OnionF6

9. OP
    OP
    Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Also if you look at videos linked in the main post, you could see ranged attackers with less hp than you living, so it is possible to do.

10. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:37 AM
    Im on mobile so quoting is a bit hard however i would like to highlight this: "which majority is being catered to?"
    And does this :
    Mean no rebalancing solutions are being implemented finally?

Edit: Also, how do these ways of avoiding damage not fall under the reccent aggro abuse addition to the ToS...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2017
  11. Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Think of it as a gimmick to dodge attacks as the boss is still capable of attacking and damaging anyone around its attack range as opposed to the aggro abuse where the boss becomes incapable of attacking.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    You do not freeze the boss from completely not hitting so that should be fine, the boss keeps on hitting but you can avoid the range of its attacks like shinohara said.

Content is catered to everyone, having a high level area doesn't mean not everyone is included, it means not everyone is able to do it at release, same goes for lower level content if CPQ does release, higher levels wont be able to participate with their characters.

Also we are still discussing this together as staff, so if anything about the damage from the bosses remaining the same or being lowered will be confirmed later.

13. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    Regardless, assuming you keep the mechanic where you can dodge the higher damage procs, it still gives an advantage to people who can plan to wash higher than that as they can simply just tank the damage hits and continue putting out dps, correct?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    3:37 AM
    Beginner
    You will always be at an disadvantage as higher level player. Some beginner could wear great gear and wash more than you, therefore having better survivability at bosses.
    So to answer your question, yes.

15. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    i mean if neo tokyo was out at the start of the server i'm sure the majority would wash to be able to do this content easily like HT, but now its too late for the higher levels. You can also do ht with like 4k hp clean + hyper body giving you just enough for 5.6k magic dmg and avoiding 7.8k tail lashes by standing on the platform but people don't do that because the players base their characters around hp washing for that content to make it easier and eliminating that 1 hit ko risk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Kind of an irrelevant point since my level 200 NL also had int gear, I just did not have much int base as I did not expect the staff to randomly add a boss that requires 3k hp more than HT. This was always advertised as a nostalgic v62 server that aimed to relive that feeling and tried to be as "gms-like" as possible, so the staff randomly deciding to add this, making it so all the high level players that made their characters with HT in mind get fucked, is kind of bullshit.

17. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Sure this is true but even without gear we planned for enough base int to avoid 1 hit ko from HT because at the time this was the only end-game boss.

18. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Alternatively we could just remove washing and people who washed can keep their washed HP... But noooo SlimeSweat

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Remove washing and what? Nerf every single boss that requires washing? What about drks, how'd they zerk efficiently then? Removing wash isn't really a good solution.

20. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    It's how Wizet intended. DKs can still add points to HP if they want to, it's just the HP washing part I'm suggesting removed. HP and defence scrolls also exists FYI.