1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Paladin Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by SwordArt, Jun 27, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    7:28 AM
    Paladin
    yeah bw+booster
    As for HH he's pretty simple, he's weak to lightning so just smack him. But for bigfoot his iFrames are a bit bad. You have to hit him at certain moments to be able to kill him fast. It's hard for me to explain but I'll make a video of myself killing him sometime. Oh also he's weak to fire, our strongest charge! :D

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. moopmoop

moopmoop Brown Teddy

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    America's Hat
    9:28 AM
    MoopMoop
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    What's a good shield to scroll to pair with Crushed skull?

3. Boyco

Boyco King Slime

Apr 24, 2017
    Male
    8:28 AM
    Maple Shield is the best due to the 10 slots.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    yeah what he said, maple shield is best for end game. if you cant get that then get a shield with 4-5str on it clean

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. gxarche17

gxarche17 Slime

Mar 3, 2016
    Male
    3:28 PM
    Shulk
    Paladin
    Good Job. paladin FTW

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    9:28 PM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    Is the bear outfit a must?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    YES

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    paladin has to be bears no question asked <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jacky lai

jacky lai Blue Snail

Jul 11, 2017
    Male
    9:28 PM
    Jacky
    Magician
    mind if i ask should i use 1h BW at early stage or use a 1h sword till 4th job then change?im newbie here

10. OP
    OP
    SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    I say just use BW the whole way...if you were to change then you'd have to buy SP resets which is a huge hassle. not worth it :D

11. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    6:28 AM
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    Do Crushed skulls really out perform Katanas?

12. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    2:28 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Crushed skulls? I think considering the class in this guide, you meant to say crushed dreams :^)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Marc Antony

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    why you gotta be mean to paladins

14. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    upload_2017-8-10_11-50-30.png
    ?????

15. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    2:28 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
  16. Thamos

Thamos Orange Mushroom

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    Thamos
    White Knight
    Nachtbrakers
    Yay, I will be following this thread from beginning to end. Just became a White Knight yesterday ^^

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marc Antony

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    The charges is another interesting bit- Flame Charge is more powerful than Holy charge?

18. Thamos

Thamos Orange Mushroom

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    Thamos
    White Knight
    Nachtbrakers
    p/c on (lvl 70) Gigantic Sledge +6, str +8, weapon attack 104 ?

^^

19. OP
    OP
    SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    yeah Flame charge is currently the strongest

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    9:28 AM
    Slave
    Cam, are you gonna do an in-depth sword vs bw section?

Like end-game weapons versus others, for example:
    *Assume that with any 1H weapon mentioned there is a shield attached
    RK vs Carabella
    RK vs ST
    RK vs Skull
    and possibly a shield att differential section, which might list what goal shield attacks help outweight AS penalties, etc (e.g. if 20 att shield on RK vs 13 att shield with Carabella makes a difference)

But for all Paladin, again, I will say this as I do in-game; anyone can PM about it but I swear that STs are still probably the best weapon in the game for Paladins because of the way the 2H weapon type in general functions. When you use ATT steroids, they scale enormously so with 2H weapons more than they do 1H, and this is especially true of high attack pots, specifically speaking: onyx apples, naricain elixirs and gelt chocolates (last two do not exist in legends).

The evidence is already clear when people do Heartstoppers how much their range jumps up by, which is why ST is considered "the best." I'll add an addendum and say "the best" for bossing specifically -- if you are training more often than not, I can tell you that on v62 it is "acceptable" in terms of damage loss to go 1H (from a damage-hoar point-of-view). But when time comes for bossing, the fact of the matter is that shields do not stack up to the difference, simply because of the damage formula itself.

Now, you might wonder "Well, 1H swords hit more, right?" You'd be correct -- but only with the Red Katana (at least where end-game swords are concerned). Carabellas, the lv 110 1H sword, is equally fast as the ST but only two attack higher. Blunt weapons as a whole are generally on the slower side of things, mostly being Slow (7), with the exceptions being the Skull (Normal [6]) and the 2H BW the Morningstar, also Normal (6).

The reason why ST is selected as the most powerful warrior sword and weapon (for heroes and paladins) is due to how important these two facts are: it is not only a 2H sword with the second highest base attack in the game, it has the highly valued Fast (5) AS, making it the best sword in the game when both those factors are added together. Additionally, swords, for warriors, are the only weapon that deal true damage 100% of the time; in that both slash and stab do their exact value. Blunt Weapons have a 110% : 80% damage ratio of the 3 : 2 slash/stab chance; over time, you can see that swords clearly win out because of the possible instability in damage, which is only further hampered by the fact that Mastery Skills in PreBB only allow for 60% minimum range,

But, people will also look at the ST and frown because the biggest detriment, however, is that people see the 120 dex and shake their heads at it.

Yes, that's a high requirement; but honestly, if you pumped anywhere between 20-40 base dex and wore an ST, you'd still probably outdamage other people during bosses* (Assumed to use Heartstoppers or Apples). On average, during endgame, you would probably have enough to have somewhere from +60 to +100 dex from all of your equipment.

Here are some tips about items, which I recommend working on slowly, ONE AT A TIME*:

*These come from personal experience and under the assumption you're willing to save up money and work hard at actually getting the items because scrolling, like always, is a game of chance and you win sometimes , but most of us lose more often than not. I can promise you that you can probably farm a lot of the clean items (from either boss or mobs) or buy them from NPCs. The scrolls themselves, however, can be farmed or just bought.

Hats: Zhelms and Scarlion helms are the prime options for this, as they can, respectively, cap out at 17 Dex and 19 Dex clean. That means that getting to 3X Dex is fairly easy (You would have to pass roughly 6-7 60% or 70% Helm Dex, or just chaos and 60 the rest).
    Most people buy Helm Dex 70 (500k-1m atm) or Helm Dex 60 (~3m). Even doing 30s (500k-1m) is feasible, but if you want to farm them on your own, I would recommend Master Chronos, as they drop Helm Dex 60.

Earrings: Gold Emerald Earrings (Lv 80) I think are from The Boss but they are the best option, as they have 3 base dex -- chaos or 30 those, then 60 and 70 away. Otherwise, you can just scroll any earring you want with 30s and 60s but try to aim for 10-12 as the end goal; I think that's fairly doable, mostly because you can buy a bunch of cheap lv 15 earrings (Henesys) for 5 or 7k each. Earring DEX scrolls I currently have no idea about, but I still recall they shouldnt be more than 1-3m a piece, for 60, 70, or 30.

Using an Overall: Easy to get anywhere from 20 - 30 dex during endgame, which can be done via Bathrobes (+10 speed is useful!) or maybe a Lv 80 or 35 overall which already has dex base. Getting 20-30 dex would only take about 2 30s and several 60s, so I'm sure that's manageable, assuming you're hitting endgame. Ghost stumps drop OA Dex 60, Red Snails and Master Robos drop OA DEX 10 (or at least those mobs should), and there is an exchange quest for Newspaper Hats (Lv 25) - doable only ONCE - in Showa for an OA DEX 30. But that aside, OA Dex scrolls for 60 and 70 are only about 1m atm and OA DEX 30 are often seen at 2m a piece, easily affordable if you so wish.

Using Pants? I would recommend the level 100 Green Neos (max stats: 4 dex, 4 acc) Much harder on you -- you will probably have somewhere between 12-18 Dex, but that's not so bad. Galloperas (Holy Weak mob) drop Pants Dex 60%s and GFAs, as well as Power Crystal Ores. They are a very good source of EXP and money if you have nothing better to do/nowhere to go.
    Additionally, tops can have anywhere from 0~3 or 4 dex, I believe, so if you end up having anywhere from 12-15 dex pants, try to aim for a top with a little more dex (max top is 7/3 clean I think or 8/3 -- not 100% sure) and I believe that the Blue Neos Top can be farmed from Skeles; I forget if the Green Neos pants can, though.

Pendants: HTP and Dep Star. I guess I can't say much that you guys don't know about them - if you really want to make the most of the former, chaos, then egg. But that's way too pricey so you might as well just egg. This is probably the most expensive piece of DEXS/STR equip you will buy (unless your guild has no buyers and you're allowed to loot) but it is actually fairly worth it (Unless MoNs come out unnerfed... in which case, I'll do math for that) as the stats will range from 21-23 all stat once egged. Dep Stars are good temporary filled items (5 all stat) and the quests are fairly easy, just annoying to do - if you need a BF killer, just smega/ talk to your friends! I would not recommend chaosing Dep Stars for Dex, though.

Capes: Icarus (2) -- for the speed, and also YAC/YGC (ygc i think are from Nightghost exchange) and both are Gachable. Otherwise just go for chaosing PGC/Pac for damage. You can probably aim for 8-10 dex comfortably on any cape, and cape dex scrolls, from what I recall, are anywhere from 500k-1m (for 60s, 70s, and 30s).

*Shields -- while not for ST/Dex, I guess I'll give my input
    Shields: Wooden Fence or Maple Shields** are what I find best, mostly because they both have massive resale value (they function for all classes). The first item can be bought for 2k each in Lith Harbor and has 7 slots, which is standard, meaning you can mass-scroll those if you want. Maple Shields, however, are the superior option as they do have 10 slots but that is much more expensive. Should you choose to opt out of going for 2h/ST in general, look for those. Unfortunately, for whatever goddamn reason, Legends only has Dark Scrolls for ATT (i.e. no 60/10 for WS finish) meaning shield at your own risk! Currently, shield scrolls are at a pretty much all time low; 70s can be bought around ~3m each and 30s are a staggering 2m-3m a piece on average (most being 2.5-3 but I've seen quite a bit of 2.3).
    **Maple Shields are currently unavailable as Maple Items are not hunt-able; they are also expensive per try so GL with those.

Gloves: If you're going for anything above 15 att, stick to BWG. If you are going for 12-15 attack, you can stick to Corbens - they have some STR and DEX. BWGs can be found via Gachapon and the Exchange Quest in Showa (Dark Cloudfox Tails - 100 each try). Blue Corbens drop from Skeles and thus, you won't have to buy them. GFAs drop from a bunch of mobs, like Platoon Chronos, Gallos (as mentioned before), Neo Huroids, Jr. Yeti, etc. (i.e. a bunch of good training maps -- so even if you're leveling up a secondary char or mule, hunt at good places!). Glove att seems to be really cheap atm with 60s being anywhere from like 1m-1.3m and 30s being about 3m a piece. I haven't seen many 70s so no input on that.

Thus, if you choose the Corben option, you'll have 3-4 dex along to go with your attack

Shoes: Purple Socks (Lv 10), Red Snowshoes (Lv 30), Yellow Snowshoes (Lv 50), Blue/Green Crescent Boots (Lv 100) are the best options you have for "Dex" shoes. As you guys may know, shoe "Dex" comes from show "Jump" scrolls -- 30% shoe jump can be found from Crows in Shrine and they give 3 dex a piece. The first three listed shoes have 7 slots each, though Purple Socks are no longer obtainable, there may be people who still have some for sale (1-2 dex base) and RSS are pretty cheap to mass scroll (can be bought from Nath for ~30k), if you please. YSS (from Showa bosses - meaning mad expensive, thus, are only for super try-hards) are actually a dangerous exception -- to be frank, the best way about them is to 30 or chaos for 2-3 slots and then finish with 60s/70s (at least cost wise). If you really need a lot of dex, going for 4-5 30s is the way to go, and since they have 7 slots, those are nice. The reason why I listed the Lv 100 shoes is because those are also farmable, blue from Skeles -- can't recall what drops Greens but I know Greens can have up to 5 Dex base. Because of that Dex base, you can honestly just throw 2-3 or so 30s on them until you want to 60/70. I have no idea, however, what drops Shoe Jump 60 (if anything does) but I do know 60s and 70s are a cheap 1.5 - 1.7m a piece.

Face Acc: Considering there are only 2 (Rat Mouth and Tree Branch), and both are available only via Gach, the best advice I can give you is 30 and chaos if you are aiming for 10+ Dex, otherwise just 30 twice and 60 the rest. I would not scroll this unless it was the last or second to last thing I had left if you're going the chaos route; otherwise, Rat Mouths/Branches are about 6-9m a piece (average 7m) and the scrolls themselves are, currently, roughly 1.5-2m a piece for 60, 70, 30. I would aim for anywhere between 5~10 dex and be satisfied with that.

Eye Acc: Unfortunately, while like Face Acc there are only two, the scrolls for this selection are poorer than Face Acc (surprisingly). While the Accuracy buff is good, the problem is that Dex only comes from 30s and 10s -- both of which idk are dropped or not but are certainly from Gach. The Eye Acc Accuracy scrolls are only 500k-1m usually so that's not bad, but the problem becomes having to 30 for +1 dex. This may or may not be equally expensive as HTPs depending on how many chaos you use/need, so I recommend only going 5-10 Dex here. Tl;dr -- don't even both with Eye Acc unless you're rich, instead, aim for maybe +3 dex (3 30s) if you're bored and have a little cash. Otherwise, don't bother at all.

I'll work with these assumptions*:
    *Means optional because not exactly optimal, and won't be included in the initial Dex count
    25 Dex Helm
    22 Dex HTP
    20 Dex Overall
    *15 Dex Top/Str combo as alt (assuming 12 dex bot 3 dex top)
    08 Dex Earrings
    *08 Dex Cape (Until you replace with PGC, if you have the money, I guess)
    *00 - 04 Dex Glove
    10 Dex Shoes
    05 Dex Mouth
    *05 Dex Eyes

Assuming you take the numbers of those without the *s, you can see that you're already at +90 Dex, not including a Cape or Shoe (though those would be temp) with more 'average' than 'OP' equips. And I want to stress that pumping base Dex really won't kill you if you need to.

So in reality, the ST is not an 'impossible' goal for an 'average' player who gets to endgame. It might take time, but it's clearly doable, making the ST, to me, the clear endgame weapon for people looking for damage.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1