1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HP washing questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDude, Mar 3, 2017.

1. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    10:04 AM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    so ive been reading, in passing, a couple of threads on hp washing. so i was wondering,
    1) can you hp wash at low levels like level 20? and im guessing you would be handicapped, because you dont gain alot of hp in first job? please elaborate
    2) is there a minimum level that you should start doing it, ive seen people say for ex. level 120 or level 90? does it matter? for ex. if you start at level 120 would you be handicapped in some way because you didnt start at level 90?
    3) the previous question leads to my 3rd question, cant you just hp wash everything at the end, like level 200? please elaborate i.e. would that be possible? if yes/no, explain

i apologize if these questions have been asked before

2. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    4:04 PM
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Yes
    Exactly. This is why people dont do it. You start wearing int gear as soon as possible, but only put points into HP after level 30.
    Best would be to start as early as possible, so you have enough MP. Also people like to HP wash early on to survive a zrun at lvl 50 for a zakum helm. When you start washing early, you have more MP, so you can put more points into HP without having a permanent disadvantage.
    You're gonna need the AP to put into HP. You won't have any AP at lv 200 left, and maybe you won't have enough left at lvl 90 or 120. What I always do is check how much MP I have, and how much I can take out, then put however many points I can take out of MP into HP, per level.

3. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    i meant if i had an excess amount of mana, like 16000; but im level 200. i can just use ap resets to hp wash right?

4. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    5:04 PM
    Beginner
    Honor
    yea u can, but u will have to use 2 AP resets for each wash.

1st reset to take out of stat and put into hp, second to take out of mp and put into stat.

so u rather calc it befor and understand how many washes u have befor 200, and do it every lvl.

In addition to that, "fresh" ap (ap from lvl up's) when applied to hp, gives out ~2 more hp

5. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    i thought you only did that for warrior. if youre a bowman or a thief, cant you just wash the mp directly in hp?

im not sure how accurate this is, can anyone confirm this?

6. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    I thought it only works with bowman/theif regarding to "fresh" ap.
    Someone please corrects me if I'm wrong with this.

7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    "Fresh" ap always nets you more, for any job and for both hp and mp.

8. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    Hmm. This is interesting.
    I thought at least Pirates don't get benefits from fresh ap.
    Sup, sob :3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
  10. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    It's just different code, I don't think there is any logical reaosing behind it.
    Neckson just decided you get more from using fresh AP.

Though I bet some Neckson employe was too lazy to look up the formula for adding HP/MP when he was coding the AP reset coupon and just eyeballed the numbers, resulting in ap resets giving slightly less HP/MP.

11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    He's asking what the formulas are.

12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    They are right there in the thread he linked.

13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    According to that linked thread they do, I never seriously played a pirate but all the other numbers seem correct (skimming through them). :yay:

I guess I don't understand your question. The mechanism behind it is the formulas or what Chew posted.

14. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Enter Galactic You and Me
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Sooo end of story you add fresh ap to your hp and wash out of your extra mp you have accumulated to your desired stat?

15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    yes

16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Yes, that's the most effective way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    but the op in that thread writes 'My understanding is that using...', the thread itself is titled 'Looking for Verification of HP/MP Formulas'. but no one has answered confirming, or denying, its validity; which is what op is asking for

and i was kinda hoping for a moderator to answer this, because just saying 'fresh ap gives more hp during washing' is an alright answer based on observation. but that could just be a coincidence, if someone who could access the games files, it would confirm without a doubt whether or not this is true

18. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    5:04 PM
    Beginner
    Honor
    Pretty sure u cant enter those files.

And its above observation, when it happens every single times across thousands of times it becomes almost certain.

"Fresh" ap applied to hp is randomized, static ap applied to hp is always the lowest. The amount is ~2 more hp

19. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    ... maybe youre confusing the definition of observation with frequency. if its happens 1000 times, then you just made 1000 observations. the frequency and the observation of the phenomena contribute to your overall theory. so they are not the same thing.

what im asking about is the mechanism, so far all ive read is 'thats how it happens' but asking i am 'why?'.
    doesnt have to be answered and might not ever be answered, but thats what im asking...

we cant enter those files, but moderators can. which is what i wrote above your comment. navi has copy and pasted the formulas that go in to hp/mp gains from job advancements, and im sure he can paste the hp washing conversions [https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/job-advancement-hp-mp-gains.3576/]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  20. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Oookay so you are aware that the game uses a certain formulas for hp/mp gains when washing and whatnot and you want to know why they are the way they are?

You'd have to have a look in the minds of the developers if you want to know that. Or guess what happened like chew did.

But then you start talking about entering files to have a look at the formulas when we're already 99% (as far as I'm concerned) sure what they look like.