1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Restart - September 13, 2017

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    6:57 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Is it possible to get the data before the changes?, i can give you numbers as me and my guild have farmed there for years.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    3:57 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    "number one farming spot despite being a medium level grinding spot". Never have i ever seen every single gobys map full. ive only seen 3 channels taken. then rest are empty. Wolf spiders is more popular than gobys.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    1:57 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Hence why I said "farming" and not "leeching" as those two are very different.

4. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Data does help, it would be nice of you to give us more.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I think you missed the point of what they're asking.

• Like Like x 2
  6. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    12:57 PM
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    I been farming gobies for the past 6monthish~ and i would say that i avged like 10m~ per hour, thats not gamebreaking at all. 5.5-6.5.m pure mesos per hour, 2-4 with equip and 700-1m with ores.
    And yeah sometimes you get lucky with scrolls. And to be able to farm gobys you have to go trought the process of making a meso up mule + get a decent lvl on your bishop to be able to 1hit the houses. Its just like selling leech but you dont feel like a slave, cuz you can take breakes whenever you want.

And for the people that thinks hunting tickets drop like mad, Lets just say i found more hunting tickets at skeles/gs2 than i did at gobys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    A medium level farming spot you say?

Like I explained in my previous post, in order to efficiently farm mesos in that map you need to have multiple medium-high leveled characters, thus making it a very high level farming spot, if not the highest, as the requirements are not easy to get to. You should be rewarded for getting to that point, with only 1-2 m more meso then selling leech, and that is excluding the mesos dropped you get while leeching.

Also, collect data AFTER the changes? how about you make a serious discussion thread about a topic as big as this, and discuss it with the high leveled community instead of just pushing the change out there, 7 hours before it will happen. Do you even remember how that worked out with the AP reset change?
    As I stated before, I literally just yesterday reached the set-up yesterday after months of grinding my characters to the correct levels and spending meso to be able to one-shot the houses. It just feels like a big slap in the face for me personally, and I'm probably not the only one.

It saddens me to see that the staff still has not learned anything from prior mistakes and continues to ignore advice, like actually discussing changes and allowing input.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    8:57 PM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    5:57 AM
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    Staff confirmed to promote leech Kappa

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Cyrus

Cyrus Brown Teddy

May 14, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    6:57 PM
    Draft
    Hero
    Muse
    We are just requesting for the simplest things before this change takes effect, if ever:
    (1) Discussion with the community, and not a situation similar to the AP Reset Prices
    (2) A test before changes (Which makes more sense than it being the other way around)

Just hope you guys hear us.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 11
  12. itakano

itakano Red Snail

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    Takeyuki
    Bishop
    Horny
    Back to being a leech slave. #feelsbadman

• Like Like x 2
  13. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    4:57 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    This is really disappointing. Yet another major change to hit us out of the blue.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Prepare yourself for either SE nerf or NL nerf :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    *This is all theoretically speaking I am not a staff member, nor do I know anything about the database*

Personally, I haven't gathered data since like 2015-16. Just based off this calculation thanks to imaddeimadde . Maple private servers usually work around drop chance in the database so it would be something like : Item - Drop chance - etc,etc.

~5m meso per hour, pure mesos.

If the nerf was just targetting equips and lets say changed the chance they could drop from 1000 to 1250, thats a 25% nerf to eqps.

25% of 3m-4m as imaddeimadde claims to be getting is about 750k-1m nerf per hr ( if the only affected thing was eqps )

Just releasing simple information like how much the drop chance has changed could help us calculate some kind of idea what to expect after restart.

• Informative Informative x 4
  16. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Everyone complaining about the staff "not testing" the Gobbies nerf but I don't see people asking about them testing ToT MapleF3. Mad about their money making spot, not mad about staff not testing stuff before release.

17. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    The ToT changes have a discussion thread which was accepted:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/tot-exp-tweak.8735/

People are upset that there wasn't a discussion beforehand, which leads to discussing testing gobies. :)

Do consider giving some context as to why people are upset about one and not the other.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief
    the thing is people plan their game reliant on present days n den gm change shit al out of blue
    there is no reason to change gobb

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Then why are half the posts on here asking about if the staff tested it or not? I know the ToT was accepted but they never mentioned testing of it like people are wanting for the gobbies. Just using the staff lack of testing of what they call "slightly" as a way to further promote their anger. Hasn't even been released yet and people calling it "game breaking"

20. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    Agreed that people are upset because gobies is popular and it's changed

Doesn't change the fact that one of the changes is discussed and one isn't; if the ToT changes weren't discussed in the same manner I would post the same comments i did on this thread regarding the lack of discussion :)

• Like Like x 2