1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poison in neo tokyo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tillimdead, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    3:36 AM
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    I normally wouldn't ask for an edit of the original game, but far too many bosses in neo tokyo and even toad are completely immune to poison. This basically means i can do nothing on my f/p to them :/ i guess i can understand why verga is immune, because it's a robot and all, but even dunas? Sad. Maybe make some of the things that are immune to poison, also be weak to fire, my dpm would still be lower, but it would make sense for a decent few of them. That's all, thanks for reading <3

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    9:36 AM
    Nier/EviHs
    arent bosses immune to status effects ?

since i remember thats why paladins thread or warriors crash doesnt work

3. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    All bosses are immune to DOT from poison, but poison attacks such as Paralyze also hit from the cast. For example, at horntail and zakum (which are not immune to poison) i use the poison-element-skill paralyze, but there is no status effect. When things are immune to poison i have to use a fire skill that does almost half the damage.

4. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    12:36 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I haven't had a chance to go to Neo Tokyo myself, but from what I have heard, Neo Tokyo doesn't sound like a place for mages in general. All the immunity and strong against xxx stuff. Maybe it was designed intentionally...

Sorry if my commend doesn't make any sense to your "feedback". It came to my mind when I see you talking about immunity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Mages have some pretty minimal use for Neo-Tokyo. Bishops are HS/res as always, Bishops and F/P can cleave the PQ, and I/L are desirable to freeze/cleave the PQ mobs. That's the utility of mages.

Personally it seems as though Neo-Tokyo was designed for attacking classes. It wasn't made with every class in mind, and the mage ults don't seem that effective when the overloads resist everything and the maps seem slightly sparse for real mage farming. Leech isn't viable either because there are flying mobs in almost every map and if you want HS you'd probably have to go back to the tree and re-enter.

Also making any of the bosses weak to an element would make it Pally master race. stareyesmush

6. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    well shouldn't all areas be accessible for all classes?
    elemental advantages are one of the reasons to make a paladin, it would be nice to see paladins actually shine in an area or two

7. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    10:36 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Use elemental composition / fire demon + elquines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    well i use elquiness regardless, and fire demon is basically trash 1v1
    i understand i can still kind of do something with fire demon in neo tokyo, but f/p is the only class heavily excluded from alot of these new bosses and it just doesnt feel fair

9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Personally I like when a game doesn't just leave everything open to everyone. It makes each class unique in its pro's and con's and not just another cookie cutter class concept that I see in many other MMO's. It's what makes threads like the "tier list" thread feel weird to me because there are a lot of different reasons to play each class, and really the tier list heavily favors single target DPS rather than look at each class independently for strengths.

That's what I appreciate about MapleLegends, I find it to be good game design especially with the classes being re-balanced with unique options and differing end-game possibilities. If all classes could do everything then it's really only an illusion of choice. It gives way to personal preference in what you choose because some people like to be tanks, or to provide utility, or to be flashy and fun, or to just deal as much damage as possible, or to kill as much stuff as possible. But you can't have everything, so you may end up with lower HP, or lower damage, or lower accuracy, or be shoehorned into 1 element of damage, or have no party skills. I like that concept. I cried a lot as a bishop going into Neo-Tokyo[30k damage lul], but in the end I've had a lot of fun just hanging out with people and enjoying something different. It's some very flavorful content, even if it's taken a little bit for things to get working properly. MapleF17

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    i mean, there are still different strengths tho, every class has different pros and cons everywhere else and thats nice
    im just asking to not be borderline useless when literally everyone else can do it
    theres no illusion of choice here, its just incredibly unbalanced for f/ps
    if the rest of the game had areas like this where classes here and there were viable or not, this wouldnt be poor game design, but most areas are supposed to be accessible to all classes in this game

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  11. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    Totes agree with this! As a hero I've been begging for monsters with a 2x weakness to swords/axes or just straight physical abuse, irl you know that would be a 1HKO. But if we can't have that then people should just chill about mobs not having the chance to get sunburnt or pneumonia

12. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    4:36 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    The elemental resistance in Neo Tokyo was intentionally designed to make it harder but you don't need to be overly worried about not dealing too much damage in bosses as we as mages shine more in a CC role and this is especially true in Park PQ where AoE is king. Its undeniable though that the poison element got snowballed hard when the flesh enemies became metallic. :ninja:

Leaving out the robots who are immune to poison, here's some information i'd like to share.
    Bergamot B1 - Resistant to Fire, Weak to Lightning, Weak to Ice, Immune to Poison
    Bergamot B2 - Weak to Fire, Resistant to Lightning, Resistant to Ice, Immune to Poison
    Bergamot B3 - Immune to Poison

Akihabara Dunas - Immune to Poison

Nibelung B1 - Resistant to Fire, Weak to Lightning, Weak to Ice, Immune to Poison
    Nibelung B2 - Resistant to Fire, Weak to Lightning, Weak to Ice, Immune to Poison
    Nibelung B3 - Resistant to Fire, Weak to Lightning, Weak to Ice, Immune to Poison

Nameless Magic Monster(Or "Beast" if you don't have much time) - Resistant to Ice, Weak to Lightning

Shibuya Dunas - Immune to Poison
    Dunas Unit - Immune to Poison

Core Blaze - Immune to Poison, Immune to Holy, Weak to Fire, Weak to Lightning

Royal Guard - Immune to Poison, Immune to Holy
    Aufheben - Weak to Ice, Weak to Poison, Immune to Holy

As shown above, while it is true that your poison skills won't have much screen time besides at beast and aufheben, the fire resistance is only found in Bergamot B1 and all of Nibelung's forms so your fire damage output will moreorless remain the same with fire demon.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    Lets compare firearrow and firedemon for a bit and see how useless firedemon of a skill is in general.

Firearrow
    [​IMG]

Firedemon
    [​IMG]
    Its like bossing with a 2nd job skill while ur Elquines is on the side attacking once every MapleLegends patch.

Its fair to say that not having paralyze for bosses is an issue for f/p players, especially sinds the 'immune to poison' resistance only really counters paralyze sinds its the only instant attacking poison skill(not counting the poisonmist cast). I always loved going to HT/zak runs with my old guildies and having a few people die along the way. Those kinda things make for great moments, but having the only bossing attack in ur arsenal removed is not something you can play around, its not fun to not be usefull to anyone and it doesn't make for a great experience overall.

- sincerely,
    A passionate f/p player

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    good list, but it really only serves to prove my point, there's basically only one high-hp boss i can do any decent dpm to (which is also a boss ice lightnings get a boost in)
    going back to what deniz was saying, fire demon is basically a 2nd job skill, the only advantage is that it hits multiple enemies, useless for these bosses
    it honestly seems like someone at Neckson really liked ice lightnings and hated fire poisons lmao
    i just wanna be useful :(

15. Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    DenizDeniz TillimdeadTillimdead
    That was why i acknowledged that the poison element gets a handicap in NT but nothing is stopping one from using other skills in their disposal even if it does not match up with your primary skill.
    No doubt you guys are dealing below-average damage but you are still contributing to the overall fight and i do emphasize again that we as mages work best in a CC role rather than in the bosses.

I know that it might not be fair to compare between my time and now but i have had a few F/P friends who went through with this handicap and nonetheless contributed as much as they could. :ninja:

16. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    i see your class is a priest on your info, are you a bishop now? dont say "we as mages" i/ls and f/ps are supposed to be viable for bossing too, its not just a mobbing class

17. Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    By class i am a Priest here but in the official servers, i am a I/L and F/P Arch Mage respectively who have played Neo Tokyo from the beginning of its release to part 2 of its expansion.
    I myself like many others have already went through this stage 8 years ago so i do not see why the players of today would be unable to go through what we had to go through when it is the same content except now with the proper information on how to counter the maps and bosses. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    There are 2 reasons why i think atleast half the bosses shouldn't be immune to poison in this server. 1: When they buffed ToT in this server i/l had a huge advantage over f/p and made the gap between i/l and f/p bigger once again, eventhough imo i/l and f/p should be able to make up for what the other isn't able to do (look at the fire/icedemon and elquines/ifrit skillquest). i/l has the advantage in using less pots during training and that's for like atleast 60- 80 levels, while f/p can 1hko a bit earlier. I don't think that if you can 1hko earlier you would end up with the same amount of money at the end of all those levels as an i/l. That's why atleast let f/p do some decent bossing to make up for the FACT that we are the worst mages in this server(being able to do the least).

2:
    Paralyze is an instant attacking poison, so its not really a 'poison' when its an instant attack. Currently I see paralze more as an acid attack. Most metals aren't resistant to acid and you can see that if you add acid and a teaspoon that the teaspoon would melt. Acid works as a sped up corrosion which affects every machine and metal, hence why I think that if a f/p does a massive acid attack which effects the whole body it should atleast be concidered as a neutral attack to monsters.

I currently see no reason for the server not to make these mobs affected neutrally by paralyze, other than to make the gap between 2 classes that are supposed to help/make up for eachother bigger and to piss off f/p playes to the point where they quit at end-game or just make an i/l. We aren't only being handicapped anymore, it's like this class is being gutted because noone wants to stand up for the inbalance between the 2 mages.

• Like Like x 1
  19. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:36 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Lol if I can poison/stun a pile of stones, what's stopping me from doing the same with a car? If we are to apply that logic, I'm sure a tank would be resistant to lightning or freezing, too in that case.
    If we really want i/l and f/p to be at parity in higher levels we would need elemental reset as in the real server.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    i think we understand that we can get through it, its just that we're being heavily nerfed for no reason.
    it's not like when you went through it 8 years ago there was any chance at all you could talk with Neckson about a balancing patch, but here we have the opportunity to fix this mistake
    i'll ask this because maybe it'll help us understand eachother's points, what's the problem with a balance patch such as this?