1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing up Donor Items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kalluto, Aug 29, 2019.

1. kalluto

kalluto Snail

Jul 3, 2019
    Male
    1:16 AM
    KaIIuto
    Beginner
    I don't know if anyone has pitched in this idea yet, but I think it would be pretty cool if you guys changed up the Donor items in the cash shop every 3-4 weeks. It would make the items donors purchase feel a little bit more exclusive, and at the same time it would motivate more players to donate if any new Donor item sparked their interest (including myself).

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    8:16 PM
    Imagine needing to patch the game every 3-4 weeks. It apparently takes a file update to actually update the cashshop. Also that sounds like alot of work, constantly finding new things to update the cash shop with. And if they do that they'll run out of nx items to use for seasonal event rewards. So on behalf of the staff this suggestion is rejected. Also theres a cashshop update with the newest patch so you might wanna check that out.

463195022250999808.png

Moderator Edit: crossed out the part about rejecting on behalf of staff.

3. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    9:16 AM
    I do like the idea of donor items being a bit more exclusive, but as Kanade has said, there are technical limitations there.

4. Aetheus

Aetheus Mano

Jun 20, 2019
    Male
    Aetheus
    Beginner
    To feather an idea off of the original poster, How about just adding in more exclusive tags or something for donors who have donated a certain amount in support of the server? ;) KanadeKanade

5. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    364889297855447040.png

Donors already get exclusive NX and a pink name on the forums, i dont really see the point in adding anymore exclusivity, you can also nitroboost the discord server for a pink name there as well.

6. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    I mean the 3-4 weeks does sound like much, but even if this was changed once a year or twice a year that would not involve a great amount of patching.

The entire donor cash shop wouldn't have to change, but there could be like X number of items that are *limited time only*

7. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    This is the first time i've seen the cash shop updated since i joined the server, and they also tend to make *Limited time only* NX items from events.

Complaining is always an option. You think you want a cash shop update, but you dont.
    Capture.JPG

8. Aetheus

Aetheus Mano

Jun 20, 2019
    Male
    Aetheus
    Beginner
    Damn I was just making a suggestion, don't gotta be so harsh lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    *Limited time only* NX items from events have one problem. They expire

If it is too much work, that's understandable coming from the staff. But your audacity to speak "on behalf of the staff". This guy wants to suggest something let him. If it's a bad idea let the staff reject it

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    4:16 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Please don't accept or reject a suggestion on behalf of staff.

Just wanted to reply to this part. Kimmy expressed a few times that she has no intention to motivate donations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    4:16 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    as u said, I'd love newer NX (both donator's and normal ones) as well but yeah maybe within every 3mths sounds good!

like how that dude removed "If you wanna be a special snowflake then go make yourself known or something." from his post.

12. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    4:16 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    That was me

13. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    First of all it wasnt hostile, its because people keep asking for "donor changes" to incentivize donating aka to be "unique and special" is what i was implying. But apparently thats too spicy for this forum.

405951687480705024.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Aetheus

Aetheus Mano

Jun 20, 2019
    Male
    Aetheus
    Beginner
    Disagreeing with someone is fine, but you borderline attacked me for making a suggestion. I read what you said, and it makes sense, I would even agree with you based on your reasons and retract my suggestion, but your response was definitely hostile, "If you wanna be a special snowflake then go make yourself known or something."

Regardless of what they do, Id still support this server, I don't do it for glory or anything, But just like how people want exclusive hairs or whatever the case is, its natural people want something unique. No reason to be rude.

Have a nice day, its summer event, be happy

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018