1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mannies, oh why mannies...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thewayman, Mar 31, 2020.

1. thewayman

thewayman Horny Mushroom

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    7:39 AM
    TheWayMan
    Dragon Knight
    I know I am the one that everyone would love to bash about things because they think I am small brained but hey, someone has to be the one to start these topics and get the ball rolling. I don't mind it is me haha.

First thing is first, nerfing this spot KILLS (I mean literally I will never go to mannies again) Warrior classes. I don't know if this spot was brought back to life but I think it is still nerfed, if it was ignore this forum post and remove it haha. But man why you guys trying to hurt warriors? WE SLOW. I mean compare us to any other class and even the BM/MM are faster. Warriors have always been hurting in terms of speed, and I don't have to compare all the classes to warriors for everyone to understand just how slow they are. Nerfing this spot made it a nightmare for us. The only kinda good spot to farm now is 75-85 wolf spiders. Which honestly I can't remember how much the exp difference is but it was a HUGE amount so I am not worried about that. It is the meso part, compare meso/hour from mobs and equips alone to other classes and you will see a huge difference. A mage or hermit at ulu2 or man any map is now 100x better than what I can do until I can effectively one/two shot himes and ulu2. At later game this isn't a big deal as much because DK's get strong enough to clear fast on other maps. Until that we can't farm effectively unless we have mannies. This spot could give a DK an HONEST living but we broke now. FeelsBrokeMan....

I am not going to waste time making another character just to farm mannies or other maps effectively, I don't have that time. I do have time to pop on and grind for a bit or farm. But now the only places I can go to is ulu2 and himes, which are bad meso makers for me until I can kill effectively. Let alone the avaliablity of those channels are hard. But Mannies you got like 4 different maps and all of them are great for warriors to farm mesos.

As always: This is an opinion, obviously I made this post just to talk, and hopefully people can talk respectively and be mature about it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Buch

Buch Brown Teddy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    2:39 PM
    Buch
    Cleric
    Best first sentence ever.

Can u rejoin discord please. I always enjoyed talking to u.

Also where are the streams lately?

Nice post btw, can't disagree with anything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    thewayman

thewayman Horny Mushroom

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    7:39 AM
    TheWayMan
    Dragon Knight
    The people on discord 1/10 TBH posting my personal information (even the admins) kind of sad they acted that way. I do stream at twitch.tv/thewayman still but it is rare TBH I just hardly have time anymore, rn I am dealing with cvoid-19 its hurting the company I work for so we trying to stay a float. I think a lot of people think a change was needed but for me I felt it was the wrong "type" of nerf. Maybe a exp nerf was okay but not changing the mob completely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Buch

Buch Brown Teddy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    2:39 PM
    Buch
    Cleric
    Didn't u have like 3 jobs?

I hope you stay safe buddy!
    You're youtube video's inspired me allot!

Consider joining discord, theres a #noleech-nowash channel now, filled with all the cool ppl.

5. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:24 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    The reason cited for this change was that a handful of people were summon farming, events made it OP, and that people spent far too much time here.
    Sure it fixed all of these three issues but now warriors at lvl 70-~140 can't earn mesos at a somewhat decent rate.

I mean you can treat the symptoms but what about the core problem i.e. summon farming, balancing the MAIN GAME around events, and some maps simply being vastly superior to others (and that it is impossible to be non-meta in any game; you're simply pushing the meta around).

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. DarthLord

DarthLord Mushmom

Jun 4, 2019
    8:39 AM
    Assassin
    LOL, just returned from a three-month break and found out from my own experience with this nerf, just led me to leave my warrior and start another character.

7. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    12:39 AM
    white scroll.png
    281981014555754496.png Heres your alternative money maker, also anyone who recommends mannies to a warrior at this point is clearly a moron. From personal experience i can also say the place is hot garbage for exp.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    5:39 AM
    They want everyone to make a mage i guess

• Like Like x 1
  9. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    My then levle 78 warrior was getting 4.8m eph in CDs compared to the 5.8h he was getting in kid mannies. So there's that.

10. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    no offense... but thats kindve on you. just because mannies got nerfed doesnt mean "warriors have no grinding spot now" theres always been alternatives people just wanted the easier/lazier way (of course the drops/mesos was good, but lets be honest how broken was it lol) , This is why people grind at Ghost ship, cuz its easy/lazy when theres alot better/faster spots

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Please share the faster / better spots than ghost ship 2 for level range of 40-80.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Please don't share the faster/better spots on forums. Make people do their own research and share organically within the game community instead. The Legends library is already available for anybody to go and parse through.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    Dude ... this is a game. I don't understand the obsession some people in this community have for making things as tedious and unpleasant as possible. Mannies was incredible, without a doubt, but the lvls 70 - 120 are also incredible ... incredibly tedious. Without leech and mannies, I wouldn't have gotten to 4th job on my first character simply because of how boring those levels are. No quests, no pq's, relatively slow exp gain at 100+, and all the alternative maps are dominated by leechers.

On top of that, most maps besides mannies simply make you no money. You get just enough to buy pots, but unless you get a few lucky gachas you probably aren't going to buy any equips or scrolls for them. It's a pretty demoralizing phase of the maple journey, so to speak. The game's already hard enough, most people quit after 120 or even before then, so I'm not sure why we must make it even more insufferable.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    12:39 AM
    Hallelujah
    ti8A52Z.gif

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Welcome to nostalgia. Maplestory back then was tedious, and you're playing with 2x exp.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    There was also plenty of 4x with the NX 2x during 2x exp events. Multiplied into HS.. just saying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    True, but these happened rarely during short periods of time. For example, they maybe hosted like 1 4hr session once in a while. If you count the bonus exp from events, and multiply it over the long period of time that events are available, I would say that maplelegends more than matches it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    It's called improving on a formula. AP resets also cost real money, yet Maplelegends uses vote nx instead. V62 was also host to numerous bugs and balance issues, and yet we're fixing those so all the classes are equally viable. I also don't remember leeching/ap resets/hp washing as being all that nostalgic either, since the vast majority of us never did either, and yet both are core aspects of ML.

Nostalgia is just a quick explanation for why people find maplestory v62 fun. Nobody plays a game just because it's nostalgic; they play because it's enjoyable. If nostalgia was the be all end all for everything, we would still be using dial-up and CRT monitors. 100% nostalgia. Not at all fun.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I find plenty of new people doing quests for the nostalgia. The content is available for that.

But as Xydan has pointed nostalgia is not the only core of ML.
    It's the people, the community. It's the people I've bonded with that have kept me in the game. How did I bond with these people? Certainly NOT by grinding at non-meta maps or "difficult maps." For me, I bonded with them through boss runs - others by chatting away in the FM.

I am able to do boss runs now because I grinded at meta maps. Grinding is not pleasant at all. I just wanted to get it over and done with. But mannequins made that less tedious with the earring int 10s and the weapon drops as it felt like real progress. We should not be calling players 'lazy' for wanting to go over those phases as soon as possible and saving up for their weapons.

Players who want to take their time and enjoy the content, though the rewards are meager, will do and have done so. I love collecting cards, and that isn't part of the nostalgia content.

Can we please stop pushing for a certain way of playing?

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. DarthLord

DarthLord Mushmom

Jun 4, 2019
    Assassin
    I completely agree with you, my first character was a warrior, and this Mannies map was basically my refuge, my place of comfort, lol, I was able to train effectively, while at the same time making enough meso to finance my character. I wanted to make the character I want, instead of focusing on other things that demoralize new players, such as washing or leeching. I do not really like magicians, and people came up to me and told me first to make a magician, why? so that I can sell leech to finance other characters. The point is to make the character I want and have fun with it. Mannies was a map that allowed me to do what I wanted, trying to gain 4th job efficiently, grinding on my own, while others kept telling me to buy leech or make a mage instead. I completely forgot that this server is basically a leech simulation, it has turned into a game without even being near the keyboard and doing something else... While encourgaing others to do the same. Shame! :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1