1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

White Knight vs Crossbowman(HPWashman)

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Conjecture, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Conjecture

Conjecture Blue Snail

Mar 5, 2020
    Male
    12:16 AM
    Concerned
    White Knight, Crossbowman
    Hey, long time MS player(on and off since 2005)
    I started playing MapleLegends ~2/3 months ago.

I made it to level 90 on my White Knight
    I also have a level 37 X-bow with 40 base int
    I have 40-base INT on both characters, 0 int gear, and ~20mil to spend.

Overall, using my own deduction I enjoy Xbowman because:
    • Favorite aesthetics/skill SFX
    • I have a party buff
    • No accuracy problems(I have more accuracy @ level 37 than my level 90)
    • I actually use different skills from level 10-120(I'M LOOKING @ YOU SLASH BLAST)

But there is ONE BIG ISSUE
    • [​IMG]
    Just get more HP

So if I take the threads literally my Xbow is currently "ruined" and "useless" because I don't have int Gear to not die in one hit to bosses at 4th job.

I am worried I will regret going to make my Xbow my main without Giga INT/NX for HP Washing.

TL/DR: Warrior Hp high, should I reach Paladin to leech/fund a new High int Xbowman?

Or should I follow the Mapletip and just wing my Xbow with scuffed HP washing

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:16 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I'd say u should go for fourth job on white knight. It's already a lot closer than your xbow to the level where you can start doing things like zakum / cwkpq.

You'll earn alot of mesos on that character, and although they appear to be two different classes, a lot of the gear on your white knight is directly transferable to the xbow (earings, face, eye, glove, cape, and shoe in some cases).

You can go back to the xbow with better gear later, or remake into a bowmaster, which is sadly the most optimal thing to do given the current state of marksman.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Conjecture

Conjecture Blue Snail

Mar 5, 2020
    Male
    12:16 AM
    Concerned
    White Knight, Crossbowman
    Ow that hurts a lot, Marksman is a lot "COOLER" than Bowmaster because I think Hurricane is boring to use.
    (Literally, you hold one button, I know there's more to that but you don't have to think as much)

Reading this from you is a lot more damning for my Xbow since you wrote really indepth guides about washing.

4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You can always come back to the crossbowman later. If you're voting on both accounts you can just hoard a ton of it for the crossbowman, and use it to hit a solid amount of HP.

A half-decent short term washing plan might look like this:
    Let's say you get 120 int on him. You'd be level 53 and you could do a bit of MP washing on him. For 30 levels you can MP wash 150 times(465k NX), so at 83 you'd have an extra 2,000 or so MP, which translates to 3,000 extra HP at the cost of 516k NX.

Overall it would probably take you about 5 months to get that much NX. You could probably work on the character again in 2-3 months time if you casually pace it. If you keep that int until level 150 then you'd have a minimum of another 1200 hp to wash as well(more if you get some int gear or do more MP washes). With some equips that would probably leave him somewhere around 9-10k HP overall when he's a high level. To reset that int and do the rest of those washes it would take another 576k nx, or like 3 more months of voting. But leveling slows down a bit so that becomes less difficult to acquire. You could make a very solid Marksman by the end of the year, it just takes a bit of patience.

If you're really patient you could make one with a silly amount of HP, in which case I would remake him with 200+ int, but really it just depends on what sort of player you are. Many of the really end-game people aren't mainly playing their first characters anymore, they just had the patience to vote it out and have fun in the meantime as the passion projects took shape. White Knight is a good choice for a first character though, and it does pick up after level 130 or so and you can dispense hammer justice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yeah I wish it wasn't the case either, I really do hope staff gives xbows some kind of buff. This post probably best explains why the class is in such a bad spot: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/buff-marksmen.27868/

Also, I use to share your opinion about bowmasters, but after watching high level bowmasters play in Horntail, I actually think bowmasters are the more technically challenging / fun class to play (between the two archers).

6. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    1:16 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Marksman do have to be a lot more attentive but I don't think it really translates to a lot more "challenging". Only real challenge it has that Bowmaster doesn't is to try and not Snipe into a cancelled head or shoot the floor in general.