1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Medium Problem with equipping eq that require base stats

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by OlyOlyOxen14, May 11, 2020.

1. OlyOlyOxen14

OlyOlyOxen14 Red Snail

Jan 28, 2020
    1:49 PM
    Description of the bug: Workaround for equipping eq that require base stats seems to be not working anymore, AND I am able to equip eq that require base stats only when I have MW10 active, even though MW10 does not give me enough stats to equip the items. (detailed explanation below)

What is supposed to happen?:

I am a NL with 42 base dex. The eq that contribute to the problem are a +2 dex red pirate top (that requires 120 dex), a +15 dex red pirate pants (req. 120 dex), and +13 dex brown osfa boots (req. 130 dex).

Base dex.PNG 2 dex top.PNG 15 dex pants.PNG 13 dex shoes.PNG

I currently wear eq that contribute +69 dex EXCLUDING the 3 eq listed above, bringing my total dex to 42+69=111. In order to equip the top and bottom, I temporarily equip a +12 dex yellow gaia cape to bring my total dex to 42+69+12=123.

This allows me to equip my red pirate top and red pirate pants, which then bring my total dex to 123+2+15=140. This will then allow me to equip my brown osfa boots, which brings my total to 140+13=153 dex, and I can then equip my red craven which requires 140 dex.

I used to be able to then UNequip the +12 dex yellow gaia cape and still receive the +2 dex from the red pirate top, +15 dex from the red pirate pants, and +13 dex from the brown osfa boots to give me a total of 153-12=141 dex, which is still enough to equip the red craven. However, right now, once I unequip the yellow gaia cape, the three items of red pirate top, pants, and boots become red-coloured and I stop receiving the bonus dex from these eq, bringing my total dex down to 111 dex again.

Second, I discovered a weird glitch. It appears that if I use Maple Warrior (Level 10), the equipment stop being red-coloured and I can then gain the bonus dex from these items. The weird thing is, MW10 doesn't even give me enough dex to equip these items! If this is confusing, allow me to explain.

While MW10 is off, the three equipment are red-coloured, and my total dex is 111.

eq with red without mw10.PNG

With MW10 on, my total dex increases to 143 (141 from calculations as seen above) and the equipment do not have the red colour.

eq without red with mw10.PNG

This means that, MW10 only gives +2 bonus dex (5% of 42 = 2), bringing my total dex (excluding the bonuses from the top, bottom, and shoes) to 113, which is still INSUFFICIENT for me to equip the eq, but I am still able to equip them without having them turn red and receive the bonus dex from them.

Attached Files: Screenshots showing base dex, details of equipment in question, and with/without MW10 buff showing the eq being viable or not.

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:

I should mention that this problem only occurred after I used 2 AP resets to reset 2 dex to 2 luk (from 44 base to 42 base). Prior to this reset at 44 base dex, I was able to unequip the yellow gaia cape and still receive the bonuses without having to use MW10. However, even with 44 base dex, I would still only have 44+69=113 total dex, which is still insufficient to wear the eq, but the workaround with equipping and then unequipping the yellow cape with +12 dex worked.

A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):

Extra information (optional):

I initially posted this under "Character Issues" 3 days ago but have not received any responses since then.

I reset another point from dex to luk, bringing my base dex to 41. I was then unable to equip any of the 3 items (top, bottom, boots) even with MW10 on after unequipping the 12 dex yellow gaia cape. I had to purchase another AP reset to undo the first reset just so I can even use my weapon, wasting 6.2k vote cash in the process.

I apologise for this difficult math problem, but I hope you can help me resolve this issue. I have based my entire build around being able to use the workaround of equipping a dex cape in order to wear my dex eq and then unequipping it for a WA cape while still being able to use my craven.

Thank you so much for your time and do let me know if you require any additional input or information from me.

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:49 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Whenever you equip an item, maple checks to see if you can wear it, WITHOUT considering that equips stats.

So that means that your shoes have 3 extra DEX that you probably can't use if you are a craven user. Since after the shoes are on, you only need 10 dex from it to wear a craven.

3. OP
    OP
    OlyOlyOxen14

OlyOlyOxen14 Red Snail

Jan 28, 2020
    1:49 PM
    Oh dang... It all makes sense now. I was very confused because prior to resetting the 2 AP, I did not need MW10. But it was because my dex was exactly 130 before I equipped the shoes! I understand why its working the way it is now.

Thank you so much for the explanation. How can I mark this as resolved?