1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Response to summon nerfing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RegalStar, May 26, 2020.

1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    10:07 PM
    DMsRebirth
    I went to do a bit of test on what exactly the summon nerfing entailed, and from rudimentary tests, it seems like

1) Meso drop rate is not nerfed in any rate. Only items' rates seem to be nerfed.
    2) More importantly, as long as the summon dealt the last hit the item drop rate nerf will apply, no matter how much damage was done to the monster by the player themselves.

Therefore, I believe the following fine-tunes need to be applied to this:

1) Meso drop rate needs to be nerfed alongside item drop rates. Otherwise this "nerf" is mostly pointless in the face of leprechauns, where the majority of income obtained is from pure mesos.
    2) The nerf needs to check whether the majority of the damage is done by summons, rather than just whether the last hit is done by the summon. Otherwise players are actively punished for using summons in grinding, which is ridiculous.
    3) Monster Book Cards rate need to be exempt (if it's not exempt already). This is extremely important because summons are strong enough to one shot most weaker monsters, and one of the most legitimate reasons high level players hunt weaker monsters is to get cards. Do not punish them for having a summon out when doing this.
    4) Boss drops need to be completely exempt (if it's not exempt already). No one would summon farm bosses for obvious reasons, so there's no reason to nerf boss drop rate just because a summon happen to have dealt the last hit. Letting boss drops get nerfed by summons would lead to endless trouble of all kinds that are completely unnecessary to have. Mott just told me that boss drops are exempt so never mind about this

Really, I do not even see the point of nerfing summon drop rates at all. Summon farming is an extremely slow way to make money compared to normal farming, and even with this "nerf" it won't stop people from doing it at all - if anything it'd just encourage them to make even more mules to make up for the less income rate. But if this mechanics to be kept, then at least those changes need to be made to make sure that it 1) at least serves a purpose, and 2) keeps disruption to normal playing to minimum.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    7:07 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Summon farming leps gives you ~700k pure mesos per hour.

About 300k per hr is derived from npcing equips / gacha.

So before nerf, leps would give you ~1m per hr, post nerf we are looking at 790k per hr.

If the goal here is to simply discourage summon farm behavior, why are we nerfing drop rate by 70%? Why not 100%?

3. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    Because it's borderline botting and people shouldn't be allowed to make money by doing nothing. I'm just surprised they didn't nerf it by 100%.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    7:07 PM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    The first thing I did when I came back after a long hiatus is card farm using genesis + bahamut, where bahamut is also 1 shotting every low level mob. This change directly affects that legitimate gameplay enough where I have to remove bahamut from my keyboard. Obviously people abusing summons to stopper/meso farm is a problem but this solution punishes legitimate uses for them! There has to be a better solution, ughh.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. MGTOWMONEY

MGTOWMONEY Orange Mushroom

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    9:07 PM
    MGTOW
    Warrior
    Good, should have nerfed it years ago.

People afk farming leps/voodoos on 3-4 mages or bowmasters at once.

6. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    :)

7. Taniks

Taniks Red Snail

Mar 29, 2020
    Male
    Taniks
    it seems like a big issue, totally making summons useless nerfing your gacha drops too, will it also nerf boss drop if unluky enough to last hit, Why dont just adjust map ownership making summons unable to take map ownership or add antibot mobs to those maps

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1