1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Revert the increased NT mob drop rates, at least in NTPQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blu301, May 29, 2020.

1. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    9:44 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I'll keep my mouth shut on this concern but for the record I rather have *only* NT bossing's part shit rather than have both NT bossing and grinding shit as before.
    But if you flag and aim to reward "group-play" attributes in this server, you've done it wrong. Once again.
    It's not too late to actually make NT Bossing experience worthwhile and something to look for for new bossers.
    But why would I care much for new bossers? I'm able to solo NTPQ already pretty fast and efficient on top of bosses solo ability.

2. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    2:44 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Tim you should also remember that you have taunt, which increases drop rate lol. Maybe drops arent as op as you think since you use taunt

3. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    asdfjkliangasdfjkliang of course but I've talked to other shads who are hardly getting anything too. I think it's just a combination of things

It's clear by multiple accounts that the drop rate can be consistently ridiculous

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    12:44 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Taunt is only a 1.4x multiplier, individual item drop rates should be low enough that it's not really meaningful

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    8:44 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Tim is Right I do NTPQ all days as Buccaneer. Pretty much any job that can mob can abuse the PQ to get a lot of stones and nanoplants as well as a lot of coins. The mobs autoagroing to the npc makes this by far the best map to farm in NT so perhaps readjusting this is a good a idea. I'm not sure about the farming on the other maps since besdie teh first map (which rock and nanoplant are terrible) the rest of the maps are either too open and lack mobs to kill as you get spamed with status effects and/or are broken making walking around a pain.

Out of topic. Can we make the ACP from NT stack with the regular ones? this makes NT farming morestupid as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    nanop33nanop33 from what I've been informed, it's not a direct 1.4x drop multiplier. The way it was explained to me, taunt at max level allows mobs to drop 40% more things

KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove DUDE THE ACPs. I cannot stress enough how much I agree with this, I literally just NPC the NT ones f4

Back to the drop log -

DAY 9, 18 runs in: 1 sigma plant, 2 saint stones, 2 energizers, 1 blue arnah shoe

In 18 total runs, I've gotten 11 sigma plants, 11 saint stones. Is this ok tho, it doesn't even feel ok tho. I feel like I found a cheat code

upload_2020-6-9_13-34-53.png

• Like Like x 2
  7. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    2:44 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    probably something to do with taunt. Tried 40mins for ntpq got nothing..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    11:44 PM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    let me craft my bullets and then nerf it :yay:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate
    I'm also at 9 sigmas and 9 saints now, with less damage than Tim, and a couple of early DCs too. As much as I love the extra pocket change I've gotten, I have to agree it feels like I'm cheating somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    9:44 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I had the dryest NT grind rn in Eruwaters+NTPQ+1st map.
    I have Taunt and I'm clearing mobs rather fast.
    To me I'd say I have days with a run of like stone or plant in avg followed by extra dry run.
    But today has been a special dry one.
    I think Tim just needs to quit using Blu301.exe.
    Anyways, combined with Blu's detailed pictures as well as Awrien's claims and on top of another in-game rumors I think we've reached the point of no-return regarding nerf/buff. If nerf will be applied, whoever was wise enough to keep his/hers stacks will have extremly high profits whereas the ones that actually crafted (because it was TOO cheap, so why not!)/sold (for ridiculous prices!) will have their profits cut painfully. I'd say just remain idle and keep it as is. If you'd nerf you might as well buff (as we asked long ago) NT bosses' droprates.
    Neo Tokyo is still an endgame content for 16x+ and those are people that worked hard to earn their experience in it/usual squads/solos and as Zakum/CWKPQ/HT- NTPQ/NT Bosses is a content you can only run TWICE a day.
    I'd also be rude and argue that bossers without an actual mobbing capability (NLs as sweet as HakuHaku for an instance) should have equal opportunity to have *increased drops* (say, in NTPQ) to us cleave (?) bossers that smack mobs indifferently and get all the spoils to ourselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    11:44 PM
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    Thank you to whoever fixed the drop rate on my account. It was broken for awhile. Much love.
    NT1.PNG

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    2:44 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    I believe with now PB incoming, the current NT situation seems fine as it gives players a stepping stone in gear to take down PB. Any nerf to accessibility would definitely block some players (w/o perf weap or slightly less) in killing PB.