1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Clarification on Account Sharing

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by jack2257, Aug 11, 2020.

1. jack2257

jack2257 Mano

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    5:49 AM
    Warrior
    Does the Account Sharing prohibits one person from owning more than one account?
    What if I already have three characters in one account and want to make more characters in secondary account?
    Would it be against the rule?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. mantouks

mantouks Slime

Oct 10, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    5:49 PM
    debs|derps|soleus
    Bishop
    SweetDream
    You can own multiple accounts.

Account sharing is when you assess an account that does not belong to you or allow someone else to assess your account. Your account(s) should only be controlled by you yourself. Hope that clarifies.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    jack2257

jack2257 Mano

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Warrior
    Thank you for the reply!
    Then I am wondering if it is allowed to log-on with multiple accounts in one device either simultaneously or not, as long as it is owned by one person.

Because the rule says:
    "2.7 Account Sharing - Account sharing and giving away accounts is prohibited with no exceptions. Account sharing is not just limited to having the credentials of another player and/or sharing your own credentials. It also includes being logged in simultaneously on the same device. Each account is to be owned, played by, and used by 1 person only."

And I sometimes see in the free market that one or two people open bunch of potion markets in the entire market area. This may be done simultaneously or not but presumably done in one device. I have also seen some people logged on simultaneously with two accounts (I guess with one device) for buying scrolls thru megaphones.

It would be great if you could further clarify this for me
    Great thanks!

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:49 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The rule is changed to make it clear that you will get charged with account sharing if two accounts owned by two different people are logged in at the same time on the save device.

I.E. you can't play on your account on your device and leave it logged on, then give your device to your friend and let your friend log onto their character while leaving your account logged in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Kitt

Kitt Wolfspider Retired Staff

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    FirstAidKitt, KittMakesADK
    Dragon Knight, Bishop
    Hey there!

Multiclienting is allowed, so long as all of the accounts that are accessed are yours and only accessed by you. When I bring my mules online for storing things, it's not uncommon for me to have 6~10 characters online at once on the same computer.

There are a few situations in which you cannot use multiple characters on the same machine, and it's clear when that is disallowed, as the game will stop you (you cannot bring multiple characters to Zak, HT, or Scar).

1. Yes, a player is allowed to have multiple shops opened, whether opened on one device or multiple devices.
    2. Buying items, having a skill mule (Hyper Body, Meso Up, Holy Symbol, etc.), and self-leeching are all very common reasons that someone would be signed into multiple accounts at the same time.

6. OP
    OP
    jack2257

jack2257 Mano

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Warrior
    Thank you everyone for for clarification!
    Then can I collect vote cash with the secondary account and use (store owl, megaphones, etc) it for the main account? simultaneously and in one device?
    I just want to make sure I can do those before I make any action. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. mantouks

mantouks Slime

Oct 10, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    5:49 PM
    debs|derps|soleus
    Bishop
    SweetDream
    The term you're looking for is "multi-clienting", which as explained by Kitt is allowed with the exception of expedition bosses.

Yes, it is allowed. On this server, voting on multiple accounts is allowed. As mentioned, multi-clienting is allowed for most parts of the game, you can open a few clients on 1 device (and therefore a few accounts) simultaneously.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1