1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lower the Level Needed For Map Owner

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RainbowYarn, Aug 17, 2020.

1. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    5:23 AM
    So I finally hit level 64 on my crossbowman and equipped my lovely new xbow. Was getting bored of roids, so I went to try Windraiders.

I finally got there after changing channels a few times to avoid bigfoot and the elderwraiths, and I arrived at my destination. And there was no map owner! Amazing!

Oh, but wait. I couldn't get the map owner because I was not lv70. What. I can train there perfectly fine (even with 80 base int)! Why can't I get the map owner????

I would much prefer training in the room in the castle, but I can't make it there with my current hp. At least without Hyper Body. Thus, I have no choice but to use the standard Windraider map. Only problem being that I cannot get map owner.

SO HOW ABOUT A CHANGE? ty.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    6:23 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I thought the map owner was supposed to either hit it being the monsters level or just kill it sith whatever level. At least that's what was claimed back when the system was revamped.
    Now it seems like you have to kill something AND be the monsters level, except for some situations. I agree with changing the system, but to avoid mules grabbing channels just force people to kill something instead of simply lowering the levels. I recall level 4x slingers grinding at wr sometimes. If they can kill them, why not..

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    They should just lower the map owner requirement for these kind of maps. Windraiders is a popular map even before 70.

4. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    9:23 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    The level requirement for WR is 70 because there are Stormbreakers on the map (and they are level 80).

I think you can getting ownership of the WR Map by killing a Stormbreaker, and then after that just maintain it by killing WR regularly. Can you try it out and let me know if this works for you? ^^

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    12:23 PM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    This sets a very dangerous precedence for the staff that everyone will mention in order to get more and more maps to have custom level limits for mapowner, which poses 2 problems i can think of at the moment: 1. you're gonna overwork the staff and 2. how are we to determine whats the custom level for mapowner?

• Like Like x 1
  6. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    You can teleport/get someone to door you to the Courtyard if you want! This is the only map you can teleport/door to around that area, I believe.

7. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    7:23 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    In case this is helps, IIRC, the level limit on mapowner was put in place in order to keep people from being able to hog a high level boss/mob map with a low level mule (or, all channels with a lot of pingu mules).

It was discussed in this historical thread-
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/map-owner-abuse.18724/page-2

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    My low guildies have reported bishops stealing map ownership by killing the stormbreaker from players who cant kill SB , but have been killing wr

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    12:23 AM
    DMsRebirth
  11. Wigglytuff

Wigglytuff Orange Mushroom

Mar 28, 2020
    12:23 AM
    People grinding at wr probably don’t kill fast enough to use the main map anyway so the smaller one with less mobs should still be good enough

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. joemama

joemama Red Snail

Aug 9, 2020
    did someone harass you out of the map or what's the deal ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    and if you report it you're the one thats basically gets banned for it because of how mapowner works, me mytself have reported someone in the past but got me banned instead.. when this happened I was using a mac when there was a known mac issue the would freeze thus banning people randomly so during that time I only played using one client on my HP washing character. Someone killed a monster while I already put the maps mini boss to half HP, since I lost mapowner the guy killed 1 monster there that would normally have me 3 hit it to kill it this guy goes over kills some monsters instantly got mapownership reported me thus banning me for 3 days breaking my HP washing vote NX tempo, in which I quit playing and restarted a character having @mapowner filled up in my macro abilities just so that I know if some kid is going to TM06 and report me for a dumb reason by a system that has a bad mechanic. I've mentioned @mapblock be a thing and people hated the concept of it.. but it legitly would fix all the redundant issues @mapowner holds. "Oh, someone has a name on a map, but I can still attack and take map" in which again; a @mapblock would grab the persons username in the map normally to how @mapowner does but if the map would find a player thats not registered in the "@mapowner" field using @mapblock username would stop the person from dealing lethal damage to that monster from being mapblocked. The mechanics to @mapblock is giving all monsters in the map weapon attack magic attack cancel debuff, in which we all know hits monsters 1/1.

Using this would also stop people from submitting reports because Player A got their map stolen by Player B by blocking their damage to the monsters, thus stop wasting GMs time trying to 'investigate" the situation. No saying GMs aren't doing their jobs, they are doing their jobs however most things aren't replied to or need extra info while enough evidence is already given. 1 person in the map not in party shown as red dot on minimap, Genesis ability being used, on mapowners map chat showing proof of no "party" being in place/kicked player from party in chat just because "event spring coin boxes" item does drop thus says and I quote "I'll just get box" again "smh the droprate" after says and I quote "take card if uneed" showing in the minimap this only player there as RED DOT being in map the with text quoted above with Genesis ABILITY being used while I'm leeching my "new" HP washing character with a level 48 cleric killing Teddybears..
    Under Investigation? XD just connect one thing to the next that's given with evidence check in-game chat with server time of the @mapownership provided and ban the player KSing that's provided in the map by matching things connected.. are they still playing? yes I /find them in game everytime still online being them playing or AFK evidence provided with in game chat just because a player KSing isn't in the "full client" screenshot means thus player can be anybody.

Idk, whenever I encounter that happening I'm not even encouraged to report them anymore or maybe I will who knows, but this seriously needs to get changed..
    Screenshot_1.png

14. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    12:23 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Yes. I think the mapowner can set to killing any mob in the map to secure it, instead of trying to lower to a specific level required base on specific map.

Although this might lead to ppl trying to hog mapowner with low level mules, last hitting mob damaged by high level character.