1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Event Balance Changes and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    12:54 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Im so astonished for so many pallies saying they should be the best for every comparisons with every classes. Are you...serious?

For bossing, do you seriously think you'll be rejected just bcz you're pally? If so... How tragedy your ML life is dry.

I cant say cases i saw is general and common, but in most, so-called welcomed attacker wasnt simple outdamaging op class, it was kind, respectable, and social player who can make boring(usually HT i did was over 3hr~5hr in worst for single round) tiring run much more fun and joyable like nubjuleznubjulez and so many players. And be on damn right time im serious

I know this can be sarcatism but i hope to say this clear. I believe Maplestory isnt game for competition, it is game for friendship, and boss requires many players joining, is ape of that.

• Disagree x 10
    • Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Great Work x 1
  2. Asheesh

Asheesh Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    4:54 PM
    I know and agree with you but that being said it’s unfortunate that people are in a frenzy because they truely believe they will never be allowed to boss again, this is just not the case in my opinion.
    Plenty of people have never HT’d in general due to the fact from the outside it can seem very elitist but if people were more open to change and giving people a chance the game will be a lot better for it.

I wanna also point out that I probably seem like I would just defend all nerfs just because, this is actually not the case at all.

3. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    11:54 AM
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    Who is saying they want to be the best? Paladins want to be comparable to other single target classes so that they can compete in the competitive, sweaty swarm that HT on this server has turned into. Yes, I think people will be rejected for their class because it happens all the time and it happened pre-nerf. Not sure when or what server you ran in, but I can tell you it is not the same as the 'Rona World we live in nowadays.

Hammer was the 'buff' we brought to the fight, the one advantage we had over other single target attackers. Now we have no buffs and less DPM than the people we are going to be competing for slots with. If you think bossing should be social and more enjoyable, maybe your post should be more about the HS nerf and aggro changes, which are going to completely decimate new groups trying to learn HT and weaker groups who won't be able to take out arms quick enough to survive.

• Agree Agree x 21
  4. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    I get why Paladin users are against the HH changes because of 3 consecutive nerfs the skill has gotten after the huge initial buff.
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread, can't HH formula be changed to work with scaling off STR/WA instead of skill level?
    If there's no formula for the skill, then I truly believe dev team can work on it in the test server with numbers.
    Yes, HH will not longer be GMS-like, but hey it isn't GMS-like anyway.
    Plus, I strongly believe this will remove all the LUK hammer mules by forcing them to reset LUK into STR to do damage.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Auto aggro method and arms aggro range reverted. If you combinate those 2 changes, you can find how to cut down arms "safe". Would be fun to find the way how you can.

Ill ask all pallies i know joining HT they were fired and replaced with other classes. But i think i can guess their answer already.

And server i played was ML, the days i slayed HT with my friends were mostly 2k17.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    5:54 PM
    Dark Knight
    Project
    2015 was a better time :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    It hasn't 'reverted', it's changed to auto aggro someone on the same side on the map regardless of who has done the most damage.

And you can't use the 'old' tactic of having everyone stand right. If your bishop is gene'ing and hitting the left arm and the left arm is doing nothing, that is aggro abuse since the arm isn't doing anything but it's getting hit.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    Auto aggro methods and aggro range is nice for people who know HT and understand how every moving part works, but those trying to get into it will still face issues without holy shield. It leads to a bottleneck of people who can pass through HT and relies on RNG procs still or very specific, competitive party compositions to cheese aggro better. Balance team members have also commented in different threads saying arm aggro with lock on to the closest target instead of highest damage, which negates that point if you want to keep paladins on mid-head damage.

Your sarcasm is noted but not particularly cared for. Have a good day.

9. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    ...?

Than if i pin anego with cane am i abusing aggro bcz she cant do anything?

Arm isnt frozen.

10. HittingStuff

HittingStuff Slime

Jan 9, 2020
    Male
    8:54 AM
    HittingStuff
    Paladin
    Agape

Yes but all this does is make me and my sweaty friends even sweatier to ensure maplestory 2d dragon victory. It looks elitist to people who havent been there yet because it is, but not because people want it to be elitist. It's because HT is very complicated and not similar to anything else on this server. It requires some strategy and people who understand the game/are willing to listen etc, and on top of that horntail is very reliant on player dpm to be successful. On this server it takes a lot of work to get there, a lot of time and effort, and frankly I'm not sure if the changes made to paladin today argue in your favor of making it less elitist.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    12:54 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    playing devils advocate here but wouldn't people just do a pally build "correctly" with the sole purpose of using it as a HH mule again while multiclienting their real attackers. The only difference is that it would require more fundings. If I had the option I'd totally do it if I still would be able to achieve 4m+ dpm while playing something else.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    I kind of alluded to it in a previous post but I might as well just ask the question here:

Taking from the recent ToC post for aggro abuse:
    upload_2020-8-30_22-47-22.png
    and from the 2nd bullet point below:
    upload_2020-8-30_22-47-52.png

My understanding is that the arm will now aggro on whoever is on the same side as the arm, but will not attack anyone if there's no one on the same side (i.e. if everyone stands right of the abline, then the left arm will target no one and will hence not attack).

Now if the bishop stands just slightly right of the abline and does genesis to hit all body parts, including the left arm (noting that it is not doing anything and hence has 'stopped casting all spells entirely' and the team has intentionally behaved to cause this freeze by all standing right), will this be considered aggro abuse?

I'm asking this just to be on the safe side.

13. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    9:54 AM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    I think the biggest problem with nerfs like the HH nerf is it's just so big so fast. It might seem like a small change but it fundamentally changes Paladin bossing and identity. Changes like that shouldn't be added in so easily.

You spend months and months leveling a character with certain expectations of what it's capable of. Sure you think maybe there might be slight tweaks down the road but nothing too major.

If you wanted paladin to be terrible at HT because they are good in other areas you should have done it long ago so people knew what they were getting into when making the class. HT is arguably the most important boss in the game and a major "light at the end of the tunnel" for new players. Fundamentally changing a classes interaction with HT is a big deal.

• Agree Agree x 15
  14. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    6:54 PM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    But with str, you won’t have high avod from luk

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    5:54 PM
    Retired legendary player
    its called marksman boost not marksman expert ! ! ! !!
    justice 4 marksmen

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It's not aggro abuse. If it were then it would be a pretty silly thing to re-add to HT. :^)

It's GMS-like is the main reason, but at the same time it also helps enforce parties remaining on one side and helping to nerf mega-cleave meta.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    10:54 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    upload_2020-8-30_16-44-37.png
    Credit: joota

Given 1500 tma and 1200 int (arbitrary)
    upload_2020-8-30_16-48-55.png
    from here we can see 0.7% (5053854/5019000) buff to paralyze, 2.3% (4728043/4622763) buff to CL, 11.1% (3186667/2868000) buff to AR.
    Stripping out the effects of INT and TMA (using only max damage formula)
    upload_2020-8-30_16-54-8.png
    We get the same answer for 0.7% 2.3% and 11.1%. So bishops get the buff.

I guess some classes are more equal than others

• Informative Informative x 4
  18. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Let's go back to 1 SE, 3-4 NL, and 1 bishop meta. Don't want players creating new metas OnionMuha

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  19. sushinoob

sushinoob Mano

May 27, 2017
    11:54 PM
    I know Balance team said they'll have a response to this soon, but bumping this so it doesn't get ignored

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    kek I said the same thing after the last HT patch but it only made everyone better at HT instead OnionCrazy