1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Are warriors a dead class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rehab, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Rehab

Rehab Mushmom

Dec 21, 2016
    Male
    11:53 AM
    The question comes because since my return to Maple Legends I have noticed that I have not seen very few Drk, Hero and Paladin, being the Paladins the class that I have seen the most among warriors.

For this reason I am curious to ask the community what they think about this, are the warriors a dead class? And which of these do you think is still useful when it comes to contributing to the party in the bossesFoxF4FoxF1

2. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    11:53 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Nope, no reason to feel this way at all. All 3 are still good well balanced classes with their roles in bossing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:53 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Maplelegends has had balance changes that are disadvantageous to the warrior class overall.

First we got some changes to horntail that made mass seduce more dangerous (this nerfed all cleave classes in HT except probably bishops and maybe shads). This is because if you have a cleave attacker go too hard cleaving, you end up having to deal with mass seduce which can potentially slow your run down a lot. Hence meta evolved to heavily favor single target DPS over cleave. All cleave party's can still clear HT, but they just need to be very careful regarding how they spread their arm damage to avoid mass seduce early.

Second, at the same time, we got a big nerf to paladin HH, but then paladin got buffed in its single target ability. Paladin is still not too good in HT overall because it is basically a single target attacker without the flexibility of a traditional ranged DPS attacker. It also does less dpm than the traditional single target attacker. (The only head that paladins can hit efficiently is middle head -> this leads to some problems dealing with the other heads if the squad isn't built properly to handle it). Again, its not like paladins are useless in HT, but they are simply outclassed in their single target role by archers, NLs, corsairs, and maybe even buccaneers.

Third, we got pink bean, of which cleave is again very unfavored overall. There is no part of the fight where they can cleave multiple targets and their single target dpm is punished due to their short range. Cleave attackers can't hit the bird statues without triggering damage reflect and can't hit ariel at all without jump attacking (hence really low dps on this statue).

Of course dark knights are still needed in pink bean because of the hp requirements, but damage wise, cleave attackers are basically handicapped compared to range, single target attackers (at least on the statue phase, they seem to do okay on the bean itself).

Basically warriors are not the ideal class for end game content - they are plenty strong and still contribute to clears on end game bosses (HT, and PB), and each PB squad seems to have at least 1 cleave party right now. But in pretty much all these cases an equally funded range class would likely perform better.

• Great Work x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Rehab

Rehab Mushmom

Dec 21, 2016
    Male
    Thank you! It's just that I really see very few people at medium levels (100-150) playing them

5. OP
    OP
    Rehab

Rehab Mushmom

Dec 21, 2016
    Male
    I understand, explained in that way it seems reasonable why there are so few playing them (other than lvl 180+), a shame because there are classes like Drk and Paladin that I always found very entertainingFoxF4

6. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Play the class you like, they are perfectly fine.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Yes what Akash says, while valid, is only something you need to think about if you're thinking of joining the top 0.1% players in their hyper elite bossing squads that try to kill the boss with as few members as possible in times as short as possible. In practice most people get their bossing squad invites as long as they're 1) of the appropriate level and 2) likeable enough to bring on a squad. How functional their class is doesn't really come into play until people start downsizing/optimizing.

Also people will try to tell you everyone is washing so hard that DK HB is becoming irrelevant, which is just totally untrue. Everyone enjoys having more HP and MP, it just makes your potions more efficient.

• Agree Agree x 10
  8. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    5:53 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I see a lot of warriors on all bosses o.o I think their high HP and good defense (unless you are a Zerking DK, in that case, you are paper-thin).
    In Zakum they do pretty well on arms and on the main body they are pretty reliable (also having rage or HB is neat).
    In HT the runs with 2 parties often have a dedicated melee party with SI that shortens the time of the run by a lot, and if the arm is on mass seduce range is easy to burst it down with a lot of people. Even on 5 to 6 man runs fit one cleaver at the party.
    In PB They can't cleave but I see them die less than ranged (especially on reflects), and well HB is needed altho si ab it sad that Zerking the bean is impossible.
    Warriors are nice, the only class I struggle to see especially on high levels are Corsairs, to be honest o.o (But well Buccaneers are the good choice of pirate so that's not a surprise f3)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    10:53 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    There are two type of class, one with flash jump and one doesn’t

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    upload_2020-11-28_19-4-13.png

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. LoveSolitude

LoveSolitude Blue Snail

Nov 29, 2020
    Female
    LoveSolitude
    Hero
    Sodomites
  12. IHateApple

IHateApple Horny Mushroom

Dec 19, 2017
    IHateApple
    Dragon Knight
  13. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    10:53 AM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
  14. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    12:53 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Yes, they are dead classes. in view of their brain-using part, except DK.

16. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    Im dead DK