1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leech Package Calculator

Discussion in 'Training' started by boon, Dec 20, 2020.

1. boon

boon Mano

Jun 21, 2020
    10:10 AM
    BuccLah
    Buccaneer
    Crowns
    Hi all,

I started playing this server sometime in May 2020, when everywhere was in lockdown. And so far, i have pretty much enjoyed myself here in this server, anyway my IGN is PriestLah, a lv170 Bishop and I wanna share some insights on how I price check/charge my leech packages, since some friends have been asking me "how much is XXX-XXX package?"

So I'm here to answer that question. This is my first time posting in the forum so pretty much everything will look amateur af.:)

I hope that this posts will allow buyers to do a quick price check before committing to a seller, and for the seller to have a better understanding of pricing their packages.

What is a Leech Package?
    Pretty much it's just a service where the leech seller levels you between a level range for a certain amount of mesos.

How do you calculate the price of a leech package?
    In order to answer this question, you need the following information:

1. What level range is the buyer requesting for?

The level range will severely affect how many locations the seller have to leech you at.

For example, a buyer is looking for a potential level 100-120 package.

To get the most efficient way to level within this range, the seller will first have to leech at ULU3 from lvl100-105, then Petri from lvl105-120. (One could also make the argument the seller could make the argument that Petris could be from lv105-108, then skeles from lv108-120, however, the pricing and exp rate between petris and skeles are so similar, i'm just gonna use petris as an example here)

This means that the seller has to leech you at two different locations. Whereas if the leech package is purely 105-120. Then there is no need to change location. (This brings the benefit for the buyer, where they can just afk at the same spot for the whole day, instead of reaching a certain level threshold and have to move maps)

2. What is the exp/hour and meso/hr rates?

If you hang around in this server long enough, you tend to see plenty of sellers smega-ing their leech prices and exp rates. These information can also be easily obtained in ML discord leech page.

E.g.
    S>Ulu3 split 4.5m/hr split 18-20meph
    S>1hit Petri Trio Leech 5.5m/hr 20-22meph
    S>1hit Skele Split Leech 5.5m/hr 20meph+

Calculation

Step 1: MESO/EXP Ratio

From here you must understand the significance of meso/exp ratio. The most important consideration in every buyer's mind is "will I get the most value out of this leech?"

The meso/exp ratio is the easiest way to compare value between 1 seller with another.

In order to obtain the meso/exp ratio, one would simply divide the cost per hour by exp per hour. For exp per hour I usually use the lower range for calculation, because from experience, over long duration, eph will tend to fall due to long hours of fatigue.

For example:
    S>Ulu3 split 4.5m/hr split 18-20meph

4.5/18=0.25mesos/exp

Step 2: Total EXP Required to Leech
    For this step I always go to Maplelegends Library EXP Table to find out my data.
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/exptable

So in this case in order to leech from lvl100 (0%) to 105 (0%), the total exp required is the exp 57,033,642 exp.

Step 3: Multiply Your Meso/EXP by your Total EXP
    For this step it's pretty simple, just multiply your meso/exp ratio by total exp, in this ulu3 example, this comes up to 12,962,191.36 mesos.

Then there you have the package price for that particular level range/location. If you have more than 1 location, then you have to do step 1 and 2 for the other location to find out the cost of that level range. Adding all the prices up, will give you the total package price.

I need to stress the fact that meso/exp ratio difference will only be significant for large EXP packages. For example lv108-120 has 256,391,396EXP. If seller A has a meso/exp ratio of 0.275, and seller be has a ratio of 0.26.

The package from seller A will be 70.51m
    The package from seller B will be 66.66m
    A difference of 3.85m.

However, if the package does not have a large volume of exp, say for example lv108-112.
    The total exp for this level range will be ~68m
    The package from seller A will be 18.7m
    The package from seller B will be 17.68m
    A difference of 1m, which in my opinion isnt that much.

DISCLAIMER:
    Please do not use this guide for 5-6 Leech calculation, this is due to the fact that 5-6 leech has a wide variance of buyers, some buyers can be as low as 125, while the partner could be as high as lvl150, so within that wide level range, the variance of eph will be dramatically different.

Also, this form of calculation is also assumes 100% efficiency. I know some sellers include inefficiency into their package price. For example, a particular leech may take about 5hrs to complete, however, as I've said due to fatigue, the seller may take maybe an additional 5.5hrs, and will include the extra 0.5hrs into price.

Of course, some packages may cost more than others but does it necessarily mean it's bad?
    There are several other factors that affect package pricing, such as single session to completion, MW20 provided (useful for washing characters), speed to completion, whether MU is provided.

If the meso/exp ratio is the same, does it mean both are equal? NO
    For example, I sell ULU2 at 0.25meso/exp (3m/hr 12meph)
    And somebody else sells ULU3 at 0.25meso/exp (4.5m/hr 18meph)
    Between the level range of 100 to 105, there is 57,033,642 exp
    It would take me approximately 4.75hrs to complete this package at ulu2,
    While a ulu3 seller could complete this in 3.16hrs.
    So usually I recommend my buyers to head over to ulu3 if possible, because the time saved is so significant. (and also i'm unwilling to sit at my desk to leech for more than 4hrs:()

Whether is it worth the extra mesos, it's totally up to the buyer's discretion.

Conclusion
    I hope this guide will be helpful for those looking to buy/sell leech packages. If there's any misformation please let me know i'll edit accordingly. ;) Attached below is a screenshot of my pricing calculator as an example.

upload_2020-12-21_2-53-11.png

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    boon

boon Mano

Jun 21, 2020
    10:10 AM
    BuccLah
    Buccaneer
    Crowns
  3. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    7:10 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Great job! For step 2, I also made an exp calculator that may be helpful if you want to calculate how much exp you need. ^^ keep up the good work!