1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

First Time Mapler.. Legender..? Maple Lengender..? Laple Megend?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Zyvoxam, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Zyvoxam

Zyvoxam Snail

Dec 9, 2020
    Male
    6:59 PM
    Zyvoxam
    Cleric
    Fiore
    Hello!

I am a first time Megend Lapler and this is my escape from lockdown! Since the lockdown started in March, I slowly got off all social media and to the point where I completely disconnected from the world by having Reddit as my only source of information of the outside world. I decided to fully focus on finishing my classes and as we entered December and ended Fall semester, I slowly hopped on social media.. and a lot can change in 9 months LOL. I feel so awkward talking to people via voice chats and video chats that I usually leave myself muted and/or camera off and speaking only when asked questions. It is easier for me to be active while typing rather than speaking, I believe, because its just been so long since I've talked to people that I can't seem to hold a conversation and I feel bad for wasting people's time haha.

I've had my sight on Maple Legends for a while because I was searching for free game to play after I finish my Fall semester. I wanted to play Maple Story but I also heard a lot of people talking about how the Big Bang ruined everything and how much they miss everything Pre-Big Bang. That made me want to try out this private server and made me research many many guides. I feel like games are always best to play with other people so I love picking support classes so I can support my friends that I play with hahaha so I ended up playing as a Cleric Magician.

For the two weeks and a half I was playing completely solo. I was too afraid to talk to random players and ask for help so I did a lot of F2-ing and continuing my journey.
    It was tough at first because I did not know what to do so I did a lot of googling and forum/discord lurking to wrap my head around these foreign vocabulary and game mechanics. I did ask a couple of questions on discord but that was the most I've done, communication wise, and F2-ed and kept playing.

While I was lurking in discord, I thought I'd try to join a guild because I've done so much social distancing, physically and mentally, that I decided to get out of my comfort zone and try socializing as well as learn the in game mechanics from experienced players. The first guild I joined was pretty cool! Although, after a few days, the leader left Maple Legends, due to personal reasons, so I ended up looking for another guild. I ended up seeing a recruitment post on Discord saying MY/SG, and me being a noob, decided to message the person. It was Christmas eve when I sent them a message so I told them that I will be back on after Christmas. Afterwards, I joined the guild and everyone was so nice and welcoming!

I felt so bad joining because I found out that we are in complete different time zones and that MY/SG meant Malaysia/Singapore and I am in the US! They are GMT+8 while I'm GMT-8 so basically they are PST+16 T^T (16 hours ahead of me living in the future O:) . On top of that, I was level 46 and they were all talking about bossing and PQs and what not and I felt so behind and such a burden with my level and time zone LOL (I've only done Ludibrium PQ like twice and the entire time they had me waiting outside portals and told me when to enter. When we reached the boss, I just healed people LMAO). They told me it was okay to stay and how they are willing to help and answer any questions I had. They invited me to their discord and showed me the links they had and shared other links that could help me. One member also went out of their way to show me how to get warp passes, showed me the path to get to Singapore to train, and helped me level up as well while they were working from home!

I know the things they've done seem so little but to me it is A LOT. I guess it's been a while since I've had communicated with people but I am so grateful for having such a nice guild that helps and support their members. Every time I log on I always say hello to them even though I don't have anything else to say afterwards to follow up LOL. I also enjoy reading the guild chat when they talk about things I don't understand hahaha xD.

I know this was supposed to be an introduction post but it ended up turning into a rant. With all the negativity happening in 2020, it was nice to enter Maple Legends and play a great game and escape from the world from time to time. I thought it would be that MMO where I would play solo then quit after a week or two then move on to a new game and repeat.

I guess for a TLDR:

I am a new Maple Legends player!
    My IGN is Zyvoxam
    I am a Cleric Class
    My guild is Fiore
    I am grateful for such a great Maple Legends Community and guild!
    If you are a veteran, thank you for reaching out and helping us newbies! Its hard entering a new environment, completely lost and clueless, and feeling included.
    If you are completely new to the game, don't be afraid to reach out to others because you don't know what kind of people you will meet! Also, feel free to add me or message me and I would be glad to talk and play! Grinding solo for 2 weeks is pretty rough haha xD

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Xalvedor

Xalvedor King Slime

Dec 25, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    9:59 AM
    Xalvedor
    Priest
    RotiCanai
    Welcome to maple legends!
    Glad to have you in the alliance haha!

3. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    6:59 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Welcome to the server!! Hope you enjoy your time here and don't be scared to ask questions. ^^

4. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    9:59 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Welcome! I understand how you feel where it is awkward talking to people after being secluded for so long. Maple is a community game that is more fun with others so hopefully it will restore some of your communication skills over time. Based on your post it sounds like it already has :) we are definitely glad to have you and don't ever feel like a burden if you have questions or need help!