1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Coke Town!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shrek, Apr 7, 2015.

Should we have Coke town, and other areas?

1. Yes! It will add variety!

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. No! I hate variety.

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    3:57 AM
    NurseJoy
    How many of you would be in favor of having Coke Town?
    I mean, I personally think it would be awesome to have something custom in this server, and not many people have seen it.

This is just a suggestion, of course.
    But I personally think it would be pretty fun to have.

Or perhaps some other areas that were in other MapleStorys (JMS, KMS, Etc.)

Any feed back will be appreciated.

2. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    I am all for custom content if it isn't too game breaking simply for the sake of appealing to different audiences, but I don't think this is the server that would go for that due to the goal of being as "GMS-like as possible." That being said, I am gonna give this a neutral from me because I think immediately closing the dialogue on custom content can be detrimental to a server if it isn't too major.

3. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    12:57 AM
    Not exactly keen on this simply because it serves no purpose. Your proposal of introducing a new map to the game has actually inspired an idea. It may be a bit too early but what about making a hall of fame/legends (existing or completely new map) for the people who hit level 200? Not only does it serve as a motivational factor to keep on striving forward but also leaving a hallmark in MapleLegends history for all the young'ins.

OnionCheer

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    NurseJoy
    50/50 on everything.
    oh lawd.

5. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I do not suppawrt, I'm sorry. I'm not a big fan of the FM, but it would end up being another hang out spot and split up the community away from the FM and I prefer cozy.

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:57 AM
    Moderator Post
    What exactly do you believe contributes to the server with Coketown? Its a thing that was never available in GMS so its not even in the .wz data files.

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Variety! Let's ruin the GMS experience and nostalgia, and put this server's quality down the shitter. While we're at it, let's add all the new GMS weapons up to the new level 160 Sweetwater weapons. All in the name of variety!

8. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    You're overly exaggerating. I'm not sure if I'd be up for Coketown either, but it seems like you're against anything past v62. You need to realize that if a server refuses to change and refuses to add newer content, it will die out. I'm sure the staff knows that and will add more content down the road from later versions.

The players who constantly spout, "It's not v62. It's not nostalgic. It's not GMS." are the most obnoxious people. Games have to change and update to keep their playerbase. At least state a valid reason, won't you?

• Like Like x 5
  9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    The reasoning states itself.

10. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    10:57 AM
    I agree that games have to change and update to keep their playerbase. BUT not TOO much.
    There's an old server which I don't want to mention his name, he used to be popular once but the owner added TOO MUCH stuff (It used to be GMS like, then it changed so much). The playerbase? it's dead and there are barely 6-7 active players.
    However, I voted YES cause' it doesn't really change the game.
    I'm always for adding new content such as MAPS ((Exploring and stuff)).
    But I'm against any type of new content such as New weapons, classes, skill changes and etc.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  11. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Welcome to the community here lol. Anything I don't agree with is "not nostalgic or GMS-like" - despite the fact that the server is not 100% like GMS and never will be. It's too much effort to actually think and provide a reason, you're expecting too much lol

On topic, +0 from me. Don't really care about Coke Town personally, but considering it's not in our files it's probably more hassle than it's worth to include it. Nothing against it if the dev feels like adding it though.

• Like Like x 3
  12. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I'm sure that mindset will die down as the server loses its hype. Royals had the same issue.

People who aren't even at endgame were shooting down new endgame ideas because they weren't "nostalgic." It's like how about you actually get to endgame, and experience the boring repetitive shit yourself, then your opinion will be valid.

13. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    There's another problem of adding it, Coke Town was NEVER available on GMS.
    So it would be a big hassle trying to translate some of the NPCs to english.(I might be wrong)
    Like Kimberly has said, that was never available in GMS.

14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:57 AM
    Moderator Post
    Outside of not being available I am still asking how it contributes to server. What did Coke Town have? From what I saw its just some maps with mobs, weak mobs, which is kind of worthless and waste of space.

15. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    That's the great thing about it.
    It adds more harmless content to the server.
    Alright, it doesn't really "contributes" to server.
    But it adds some sort of hype to players of the servers.
    Isn't that great? more maps to explore?
    When I downloaded the game as a kid I thought that was the whole point of the game.
    If you say that it's worthless and waste of space.
    Then what's the point of florida beach or ariant?

16. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    Training & Questing maps.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Coke town- Training for weak/unfunded players and Questing too.

18. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I don't really think it'd add anything personally. I wouldn't mind if it were added but I don't really care if it isnt.

I'm just arguing for the sake of post v62 content. Not Coketown.

19. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    2:57 AM
    Ok, let's start by saying DO NOT compare these discussions to those of Royals. You weren't around for almost any of that. In a similar vein, don't try to tell other people what nostalgia means to them. You have no business judging the validity of someone's opinion simply because you killed more monsters than them.

OT: "It's not GMS-like" is a completely valid reason to say you're against content. The whole idea behind EVERY quest, pq, and feature working is that this server is supposed to be GMS-like. We sit here and take 10 minute boat rides to Orbis, the subway to NLC, and make Cash Shop purchases that actually expire for exactly that reason. It doesn't have to be high-level game-altering content for it to take away from the nostalgia for someone. To be honest, I don't really care much either way (I'd say I'm slightly against), but the level of condescension being displayed is disheartening.

I will never understand why people join a v62 server, then complain about how empty v62 is.

• Like Like x 2
  20. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Coke town on its own won't ruin nostalgia, but opening that floodgate will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.