1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Consistent Crashing every 5-10min

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by HK_G11, Mar 1, 2021.

1. HK_G11

HK_G11 Blue Snail

Mar 1, 2021
    Female
    1:47 AM
    NueNue
    Beginner
    no guild lul
    Hi, I've been trying to troubleshoot this on the Discord, so I figure I might as well crosspost it here.

Crash type: fade-to-black and close, happens faster if i tab in/tab out often
    Windows 10 20H2
    No error boxes.
    https://valid.x86.fr/6n6ama<- Current specs, I have also tried an Nvidia GTX 680 seen here https://valid.x86.fr/gwl82g
    Happens in Windows Mode on all graphics modes, have also tried fullscreen as noted below
    Things I have tried so far: antivirus exception for the whole maplelegends folder
    d3d8 to 9 dll
    firewall outbound and inbound exception
    fullscreen mode
    fullscreen mode while having my monitor set to the game's native 800x600 resolution
    different in-game channels
    entirely seperate monitor on iGPU [currently using]
    I can't load the HEAPexception.log here, but it's been linked in the Discord in this message https://discord.com/channels/101640513408491520/248151930520469504/815730494293540934

2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    In MapleLegends.ini does turning off autocache help? (Setting it to false)

3. OP
    OP
    HK_G11

HK_G11 Blue Snail

Mar 1, 2021
    Female
    NueNue
    Beginner
    no guild lul
    That was one of the first things I tried unfortunately. I have plenty of video memory on either GPU. I also tried DDU.
    Another thing to note is that even the basic Radeon driver gotten via Windows update has the same issue.
    I'm going to try and get off of Maple Island and see if the issue persists. There are a few other things I might be able to try; I'll be making a 100% fresh USB installation of the same version of Windows that I have [Pro Workstation 20H2] and see if the issue persists even when running MapleLegends & the OS from USB.

4. OP
    OP
    HK_G11

HK_G11 Blue Snail

Mar 1, 2021
    Female
    NueNue
    Beginner
    no guild lul
    OK, so I did some tinkering, and it turns out that installing & running the game from an external USB drive is a valid workaround for the crashing.
    Why does that work, though?? I don't even have a USB 3.0 drive so the game lags like crazy when someone uses a new skill MapleF4

edit: It stopped working.