1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The GM White Room (Limbo) Experience. Have you been in one?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SapphireJ, Apr 1, 2021.

Have you been in Limbo?

1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No...

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    2:17 PM
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    So, in all my years of MapleStory and now into MapleLegends, I thought I share about this mysterious room of void you may or may not have seen/visited before. It's called the "White Room" or in my term a Pocket Dimension or Limbo, kind of like The Construct in The Matrix movie series. Recently, my character HarmonyMagic was sent there for private reasons, but thought I share with everyone this map you may not know, exists.

The Limbo is a place in which a GM can send you (or rather jail you) for whatever appropriate reason. In MapleStory (based on my research), it's used to test for botters if a Neckson GM wishes to test a character or in very rare cases a GM privately meeting you to solve certain issues (such as roll back fixes, item fixes, etc), though some Reddit users have reported saying it can also be used as a ban room before a ban is issued.

While you are in Limbo, there's no way you can leave without a GM sending you back to Maple World or unjailing you, even if you logout and login again. Teleport rocks won't work either. You will still be able to chat with your friends and etc, unless you're banned.

In MapleLegends, it seems that the Limbo uses a variant map in Ellin Forest (Cellar, Camp Conference Room). If you are sent there your chat box will show a message: You have been jailed by GM <GM NAME>. It was actually peaceful to talk to have a special one on one talk with GM Ferlucio during one of these encounters.

Capture.PNG

In MapleStory GMS, it's a purely white map with nothing in it and no map name.

[​IMG]
    Image taken from Reddit.

Also, here's a video on YouTube showed someone getting an item from a Neckson GM due to a roll back (this has to be the best GM I have seen coming from Neckson, though nothing beats a ML GM :D)
    White Room GMS [maplestory] - YouTube

If you happen to be a Server Administrator you can code what kind of map or White Room appearance you would like it to be.

So have you been in one? And if you were, what were your feelings, experience.... Or even fear? Personally, if this happened to be me outside ML without a GM, I will be pretty terrified.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    11:17 PM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    I use to be a mod for multiple old servers, the map usually had GM NPC's to alter appearance, or give you things, or would just be empty. The invisible ropes were probably my favorite part of the map.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    SapphireJ

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    That's probably the GM Room and not the Limbo :p

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I made a characters issue thread reporting my duplicated items (my ints were all duped after a server crash).

thugricthugric teleported me to this room and i dropped my duplicate int gear copies and slowly watched them disappear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    SapphireJ

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    Interesting... Thanks for sharing!

6. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    8:17 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    I hide my name to be undercover and then u expose me with the jailing message

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    SapphireJ

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    It's not like people will not recognize you, your GM Character looks so similar to your bishy Foxpat

8. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    At least Hyoon the bear was censored, so is that Hyoon the bear.. no one will ever know.. except for Hyoon the bear.

Another note, at least Ferlucio didn't seduce you all day in there, ah.. the dreams of getting seduced in jail..

FoxHeheFoxAwk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    SapphireJ

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    Well, I would have thought Ferlucio would have [REDACTED] or [DATA EXPUNGED] HarmonyMagic in there xD

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    2:17 AM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    That was really tough for me to watch and experience, and i bet you felt the same way too... :'(

11. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    A couple weeks ago, I was getting Mushmom Cards on 8 of my characters, and twice there were times Mushmom dropped the card outside the borders of the map. I called for a GM to reimburse the card that I couldn't get. On one occasion, the map where I was when the GM found me was so populated that he warped me to this "Jail" map and dropped the card for me to pick up so no one else could get it. =o)

• Like Like x 3
  12. OP
    OP
    SapphireJ

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    Hmm.. Thanks for sharing!

13. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    This is kinda reminding me of this scene

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    6:17 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I've always known such a room would exist even if just for the sake of debugging, but I've never seen the MapleLegends one before so thank you for sharing :)

Definitely wouldn't want to be in it though.

15. OP
    OP
    SapphireJ

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    It probably won't be as scary as GMS's one. At least this jail has the Ellin Forest OST playing so it's a peaceful jail hehe.

16. OP
    OP
    SapphireJ

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    Decided to bump this with some updated info. So a random player apparently got jailed by a GM and some of the members in the community joked with me, asking whether I can try VIP Teleport to the Limbo even though I theorized saying it will most likely not work. I was like "I'M DOIN IT!" and today I can confirm it definitely doesn't work xD

You will just get this:

Capture.PNG

(Name Censored due to forum rules).