1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add a Mob to Pseudo Mapowner Maps so that it isn't a thing anymore

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Feeed, May 26, 2021.

Yay/Nay

1. Yay

29 vote(s)
    87.9%
  2. Nay

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    11:07 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    The Problem

Pseudo Mapowner sucks. Being able to park a mule on Jr Balrog / Kimera / Pianus and obtain permanent map ownership sucks.

For those unaware, from the TOS:

"For cases of area bosses that do not have killable mobs (eg. JrBalrog), the first one who entered the map will have pseudo-mapowner and has the right to ask other players to CC. This is proven by a screenshot with the @servertime command used. All requirements of being a mapowner are also required to obtain pseudo-mapowner."

.and from the mapowner rules:

"A player gains map ownership when they meet all of the following criteria:

- The map is not owned by another player
    - The player is at least 10 levels below the highest leveled monster in the map
    - The player kills a mob in the map OR the player hits a boss If a player is not within 10 levels of the highest leveled monster, they can kill the highest level monster in the map to obtain the ownership."
    This means that anyone with an appropriately-leveled character can sit on a map for a solid month and there's nothing anyone can do about it. For those asking if this is actually a real problem, yes, it is- Kimera is contested by the same person 24/7 and it's constantly brought up in our Discord.

Proposed Solution

Add a Cold Eye to the Jr. Balrog map.
    Add a Flyeye to the Pianus map.
    Add a Neo Huroid to the Kimera map.

You get the idea. Remove pseudomapowner by making "real" mapowner obtainable. Require campers to actually refresh mapowner every 5 mins like they do everywhere else.

None of those bosses are such threats that a potential newfound ability to iframe abuse would ruin the fight imo.

It's a completely harmless fix and the addition of one mob for the sake of practicality isn't going to ruin anyone's nostalgia.

• Agree Agree x 25
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:07 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Great idea, credits to MrPresidentMrPresident !

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    I WAS MID TYPING THIS POST I HAD IT FIRST

4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    That's going to be fun watching the flyeye stay at the top of the map for forever.

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:07 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    6:07 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    I am against it, for one reason, I remember a time I need to kill Pianus for a quest and it was HELL!
    I SPENT A MONTH !!!! A MONTH!!! trying to catch it spawn wasting sometimes up to 8 hours on a map.
    And now you want to add to the painful wait a 5 minute timer to kill a mob ?! this is just mean....
    The idea in itself is good but only if you remove the extremely long timers for does bosses.

if you want to fixe boss camping the solution is simple and effective, make them part of a quest and give them a summoning mechanic like ravana/zak/pap, or PQ like horntail.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
  7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    So because you once had to suffer for a boss you want everyone else to be straight up unable to do certain bosses like Kimera? Nice logic bro

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    I'm fine with boss camping. I'm not asking to fix that. I'm against zero effort boss camping in the sense that AFKing on a map for long enough = free boss kill.
    Also if you need a Pianus that badly you just need to wait for maintenance :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    my logic is to make them not timer based. instead of adding an annoying mechanic, on top of an already annoying and stupid mechanic, change the approach. I never heard people complain about not being able to zak/rav/pap or HT but if you ask them about some timer base bosses alot of people do not even know about their existence.

so if you want people to be able to boss adding a mob to the mix is not the answer, but if all you want is that only those who have allot of free time and can actively camp a boss, will be able to participate, then yeah F all the rest. How dare the plebs not invest 15 hours of active camping.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    Shure, but there is a huge BUT in this tactic. some of us have life outside of the mushroom game, and maintenances are few and rear, and if you mist the time the server goes online after 30 min(usually less) all of the bosses with stupidly long timers are Dead.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    I encourage you to make your own suggestion thread about making all bosses instances, because pseudo mapowner being a bad mechanic has very little to do with your frustration over tracking down one Pianus.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    it is not just Pianus... but fair enough.
    Good luk and good bye :yay: