1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tune Drop Rates

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Aegis, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Aegis

Aegis Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    United States
    11:38 AM
    Aegis
    Cleric
    Hey guys, I think a lot of you agree that some drop rates for certain items feel a little too high right now.

•Ores
    •Equips
    •Scrolls

Maybe adjust and make them appear 50% less or something?

Inflation is bad! D:

For example, Platoon Chronos drop stimulators approx. every 15 MOBS.
    20k x 10 simulators = bam 200k right there.

It just floods the economy with mesos that anyone can get easily once they hit 50+.
    Tobis are 200k~ Most Scrolls are usually worthless unless it's INT or GFA 60%.
    Virtually all other stars (mokbis, kumbis, etc...) are worthless because noone buys them.
    Sometimes the drop rate feels like 5x at certain mobs.

Your suggestions and comments below are appreciated.

• Like Like x 8
  2. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    2:38 PM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Agreed. Better to fix it now before it's too late. I've gotten so much money from Chronos just NPCing stims and equips. It's ridiculous.

Also I have loads of ores. Crafting is supposed to be difficult :/

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Made some tweaks that should be live now. Let me know if they need any more adjusting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    I made a thread about this specifically for ores, but you're right. It seems the drop rate for everything is too high. It's about 3-4x instead of 1x.

5. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    9:38 PM
    Aegis i will kill u .

6. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    So... many ... ores @_@. I thought drop rate was 1x? But I NEVER got this many ores in 62... or equips... I get random spurts of scrolls though.
    Is the drop rate for all items 1x? Or were they edited slightly?

7. SdwSlyr606

SdwSlyr606 Orange Mushroom

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Atlantis
    1:38 PM
    If the drop chances for general items like ores, equips, etc. haven't been touched from the base source (which sounds like it hasn't in the case), it's about what Andrew said. Which would be around the equivalent of 4x. OnionMuha

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:38 PM
    Moderator Post
    The formula coding is even changed, so no.

9. SdwSlyr606

SdwSlyr606 Orange Mushroom

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Atlantis
    Hmmm, who ultimately did the drop rates, was it you or was it the fairy? MapleF3

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:38 PM
    Moderator Post
    Both of us pretty much. I did most of the finalizing though, including minibosses, so #BlameKim

11. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    The drop rate does feel way over 1x, more like 4x. I am okay with this though. :p

12. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    I think ores/stims/scrolls are too high (especially ores/stims), but equips haven't been a common drop for me at all. At Voodoos, I get 1-3 equips/hour. MP3 has been similar. After spending ~10 hours at Voodoos, I still have yet to get almost half of the equips they are purported to drop. It also took me 7-8 hours at Leprechauns to get a Japanese Map. Of course, this is all just anecdotal and I may just be unlucky.

13. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    I'm pretty sure the 3 situations you mentioned will have atypically low drop rate. Voodoos/MP3 aren't supposed to give you a lot of gear because they were such amazing EXP. Leprechauns aren't easily farmable so it will always feel slow. Also keep in mind the 2nd form drops different things than the first form, so it may feel like you're killing more than you do. Try it at something like Platoon Chronos, or Wild Boars - something with tons of small mobs that are easy for you to kill. You should notice the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  14. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    That's true, but couldn't the same be said for Platoon Chronos? I've also spent quite a while at FoG, Fire Boars, and The Book Ghost, and haven't had much success there either. But once again, perhaps that's just bad luck on my part.

15. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    I don't think drop rate of equipments is high, but others.

16. Azroa

Azroa Master Chronos

Apr 14, 2015
    Azroa
    Hero
    -
    Inflation comes from things being too rare, as well. If no one finds GFAs, then they'll go up drastically, since most classes need them. If anything, the drop rate of simulators should be dropped. Keep in mind, however, that mesos are what we use to buy potions, which will always run up a rather large tab, especially at higher levels. Buying 2k gingerales in NLC (the preferred pot of many late game classes) will run you 7.8mil. Not everyone gets immersed in the economy as they level up, and thus, they will be considerably stuck.

Inflation may be bad, but if there is no meso circulation, the economy will be stagnant anyway.

Especially since we can't trade NX.

17. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    2:38 AM
    Equips and Scrolls seem to drop fine (relatively), only etc. stuff like ores, simulators, pig heads/leathers/omok pieces and so on are way more common than they should be.

18. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Yeah I train/farm at Plat chronos all the time. I get an equip every now and then and never have gotten a scroll. Etc drops however are too high...or were. I haven't trained since so idk how drastically the drop rate was altered.

19. Nick

Nick Slime

Feb 23, 2015
    Male
    San Diego, CA
    REVOK
    Marauder
    Hardly ever find scrolls or equips. Ores and etc. are another story.

20. Tiko

Tiko Mushmom

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Next door
    9:38 PM
    Tiko
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    I agree with nick...scrolls and equips are not that high...but ores and etc needs to be tuned :p I suggest that you dont touch the scroll drop rate. GFA and Int scrolls are worth that much for other reasons...