1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    12:13 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    what? Sairs alt tab got fixed

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    5:13 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Corsairs can't infinitely shoot on boat either, if you're talking about macro three battleship cannons, yea i guess.

3. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    2:13 PM
    Make a corsair. They never get nerfed.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Or will they? Find out next time on, dragon ball ZEEE

5. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    5:13 PM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    So excited for the changes, they really seem to address a lot of the community's concerns!

Eager to see how CS' will be generated too <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bobamilk

bobamilk Blue Snail

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    Itzel
    Marksman
    Luna
    Please implement the max bulk (5k) purchase for diamond arrows :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  7. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:13 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Thanks everyone for the positive responses! These changes aren't just a one-and-done type of thing, so we'll be monitoring and following up with them down the line, so please keep letting us know what you think ^^ Everyone's opinions and inputs are much appreciated!

Well, I'll preface this by saying that this is a collectively drafted up post by the staff, I just happen to be the one to relay it :p

That said, we've historically defined healthy gameplay as "rewarding players based on their active playing of the game". Examples of things that were changed in the past because people were getting disproportionate benefits for their absolute minimal effort were summon farming. Pressing summons and not playing the game, but coming back to mesos and equipments was something we deemed unhealthy. AFK hurricane fits into two categories we tackle, which includes being unhealthy and a bug related to our client.

Re: it being a bug, it's been mentioned multiple times this wasn't how the skill was intended to work, and that we'd be fixing it.

We'll first monitor how the Shadow Star fix affects things to get a better grasp of just how much tweaking is needed (if any are necessary at all ofc) ^^

Everyone's input is welcomed, especially those that contrast what we propose (so long as they're worded civil-y *looks at everyone*). People will always have differing theories, but it's through critique that we're able to refine things and make things the best they can be ^^

That said, if we're currently in a state of higher than desired rates of inflation, especially with multi-mage meta printing so much mesos, by reducing meso generation significantly, wouldn't that tone us back down to a more neutral state? Opposed to a negative scenario like you mentioned?

Woops this is what happens when you write 10 pages of balance notes KEKW and forget to write about Dunas till the very end.

The sentence was originally:
    "Considering that we had previously reworked the EXP values for Krexel, which is a boss of a similar difficulty level (Scar and Targa), we've decided to adjust them (Scar and Targa) to be comparable to the HP/EXP ratio of our adjusted Krexel."

We were aiming for a moderate increase, so we'll start with something comparable to the HP/EXP ratio of Krexel and then see from there if need be. Since dunas has also been a cheesed boss for a long time with bishops (and last patch, warriors with monster magnet), we wanted to approach things cautiously. If with our vertical attack increase & magnet not working on it, dunas still remains cheeseable, the worst thing to have done would be to increase dunas exp to a ridiculous scale.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    6:13 PM
    Cleric
    Thoughts on the looting rework? Skeles and Petris will pretty much have been decimated by this. Unless leechers raise prices considerably. Something's gotta give somewhere.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    I think the intention by nerfing sweeper mules is to lower the amount of mesos available in the server. Short term, less money means less purchasing power and decrease in demand. Over time, supply overtakes demand and since we all love to undercut each other, prices fall and ideally the same purchasing power is restored.

What's gonna "give" will be the average price of scrolls and maybe even leech. This is of course assuming the wealth disparity in the server isn't too bad (not sure on this one) such that the really rich can't capitalize on the excess supply and also how many people rely on MU meso printing to earn meso. You can raise the price of leech all you want, but if printing money becomes more difficult, I have a hard time understanding why anyone would buy leech at a premium.

• Like Like x 1
  10. davlia

davlia King Slime

Sep 22, 2020
    Female
    Bishop
    Yes please make it easier to buy diamond arrows in bulk!

• Agree Agree x 10
  11. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:13 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    We'll have to see just how much of an impact it'll have I think. If there are less people to sell Skele/Petris, leechers who continue to sell could probably raise the price. How much they can/will be able to raise it is something we just have to wait and see.

If those spots are in a very tough place after this patch, like what we do for most things, we'll take a targeted look at it and see what we could do to help alleviate the disparity between Skele/Petris and the other maps.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Assman

Assman Orange Mushroom

Jun 6, 2020
    Male
    Sun
    WhiteStuff
    Beginner
    SuckDeep
    PQ gangs gonna be super happy about this. JPQ PLEASE!

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Any thoughts on nerfing Shaolin?
    The only problem with this is that the ceiling of Skele leech tends to be set by the floor of Shaolin leech.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I third this notion!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    Yes, and I think we're in that state. But decreasing money supply is like playing with fire. Generally, anything going in the negative direction should be done with extreme caution because it's easy for deflation to unintentionally spiral out and fuck everything up--part of the reason why maintaining a low level of inflation is considered healthy. This seems like a drastic change that might have unintended consequences.

Also I apologize for my toxicity, it's not helpful. But I think my frustration is understandable given how stressful balance changes and their forum threads have been for like... the past 15 months? I think in the past if I told someone I was anxious about balance changes they would think I'm crazy. Now, I think everyone can relate to that sentiment. The large, game-changing patches feel so frequent and so controversial.

Personally I'd like to see more interaction with the community before balance changes happen, which would hopefully lead to less major changes. Even if a change gets reverted, it's incredibly exhausting for the community, and I would guess for the staff too (see: last year's multi-client/multi-computer fiasco). That's just my personal preference though. I know some people like that the game evolves every few months; personally, I'd give anything to play 2019 ML again.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious

Leech sellers deserve more. They basically work a full-time day job doing this!

In the restaurant industry you tip the workers because you know they don't get paid much, whereas leech selling you're barely compensated for the potion-use alone.

Average leech sale is about 3mill per hour across the board and that def isn't worth an hour of real-time work. If this isn't a wake-up call to support the sellers and pay them more idk what will. Perhaps leech economy will crash? We'll see.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Balance advisory board :yay:

19. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    11:13 PM
    Kamairi
    Hero
    Love this!! Super excited to see both scarga and PPQ receiving love! FoxF2

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    Lowering the runs is meant to reduce/remove the need to suicide in order to get the rewards from the PQ.
    Reducing the number of runs required doesn't mean you do less runs. If there is "not enough levels to go next PQ", then just do "this PQ" more.