1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Weapon/Magic cancel immune to 95% dmg reduction

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vezka, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Vezka

Vezka Mano

Feb 19, 2021
    Male
    7:28 AM
    Vezka
    Cleric
    I understand WC/MC adds difficulty to bosses, however afking during (wc) a boss should never be a goal.

I also think bosses are already challenging enough and this would be a nice modification. People with less skill can then keep attacking with 95% dmg reduction and all high skill can still choose a optimal path for high DPS

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    1:28 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    If it was 95% reduction and I had nothing else to atk, I would rather afk and save pots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    The way this game works, damage reduction skills can be dispelled unlike cancels, so it would be a big game changer rather than a small change.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:28 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If you want to stop people from afking during cancels, why not have the duration be random? I.e. instead of lasting 45 seconds it lasts a random amount of time between 10 to 45 seconds.

• Creative Creative x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  5. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    10:28 PM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    This would be a completely new mechanic that I don't know how it can be implemented, but I would enjoy playing through cancels if the cancel would "break" after a certain damage has been achieved.

It would be more like a barrier/shield then. Let's say it lasts 30 seconds and any damage inflicted during it's duration only deals 1 to the HP bar. There would be a separate barrier/shield HP bar, say 1m HP, that would disappear if you dealt 1m damage within the 30 seconds, and you could inflict damage without any reduction

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    8:28 AM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Any thing else but cancels would be acceptable.. I think cancels are not challenging it's just stupid cd which no one likes
    there are much ideas that can replace cancels and permanently delete it from the game - like DMG reflection, DMG back (every attack hits the player back by 500-1k or something), time reduced for bosses (isn't it the main goal of cancels??) like-
    zakum 30mins (4 hours are just redicilous tbh), HT 1hour~1:30hour and so on..

7. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    I agree, weapon/magic cancel in its current form is bad game design and a complete waste of time for all bosses that have it, the only exception being horntail arguably since there are 3 targets that can potentially stagger their cancels. Zakum/Scar/Targa/HT Prehead/Nib runs are all unnecessarily longer than they need to be.

Either look into implementing a more engaging mechanic, or remove it altogether.

• Agree Agree x 2