1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Carnival

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tanya, Jan 9, 2015.

1. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    3:41 PM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Huh? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Currently, LMPQ (in most, if not all, private servers) is implemented incorrectly. Two Tauromacis spawn from each of the 3 boxes in Rooms 6 and 7. In the video below from GMS, you can see that 3 Tauromacis are supposed to spawn from only 1 random box in both Rooms 6 and 7. Since the current LMPQ exp is 4x that of GMS (2x more Tauromacis + 2x exp), and the range of LMPQ, PPQ, and OPQ (in particular) generally cover the same group of players, the thinking is that Orbis PQ (which would require 6 players) is going to be very difficult to start due to the sizable EXP bonus that LMPQ has over it, plus competition from PPQ as well.

LPQ, which requires 6 players as well, has less of an issue due to no competition with other PQs currently in its level range and a more sought after reward (plus no ability to grind at Ghost Ship yet :p ). Orbis PQ is required for players to complete two quests, and also gives out a 5 slot glove with 1 weapon attack and 1 magic attack after 40 runs, so the thought process is that if the EXP in the two PQs is a little bit more comparable, it may encourage more players to participate.

Of course, nothing is definitive yet, and there are always potential changes such as moving up OPQ's exp instead (since I know people love nerfs). However, nothing would be changed unless I was completely sure that OPQ and PPQ could be continuously run flawlessly at a fairly decent pace, which in all honestly, may not be for a while.

• Like Like x 4
  3. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    12:41 PM
    NSFW
    wow, those old maple videos are really painful to watch

4. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:41 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Can't wait for Weddings and Amoria PQ! Marry someone just for the onyx apples OnionMuha

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverdown

driverdown Orange Mushroom

Apr 18, 2015
    Female
    nowhere
    2:41 PM
    Falling
    Ranger
    buttstuff
    Ellin pq plis <3 i want dem earrings OnionBlush

6. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Wait, there are other reasons to marry someone?

7. Exiled

Exiled Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Exile
    Chief Bandit
    Dang... I really missed GSPQ. Does this server have that? Pretty sure that wasn't v62 tho.

8. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    9:41 PM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    that team vs team pq ?

think it was added a lot later than v62

9. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Just posting this here so people don't complain that there is not enough prior notice/warning. We're probably looking at potentially making the adjustments to LMPQ sometime in 1-2 weeks. You can see my reasoning for this in one of the prior posts, and what would be happening to it. PPQ runs seem to be going smoothly, and even though I don't think anybody is doing Orbis PQ yet, it was generally quite smooth through all of my test runs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:41 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Don't forget, a big reward you can get from CPQ is the Spiegelman necklaces. These carry anywhere from 0-3 of each stat (usually 1 or 2) and I think it does outclass the broken glasses short term.

If CPQ is implemented, though, I think we need the primary source of exp to come from winning/losing and not so much the monsters. Ideally this PQ is best when it is a fierce competition between the opposing parties rather than... trading wins and spawning the same easy-to-kill mobs over and over for ridiculous exp. You don't need to vac hack mobs when a platform is full of 100+ mobs that keep spawning. :p

11. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    what.. i've never heard of playing CPQ in any way other than trading wins + letting the opponent choose spawns..
    anyway, the only reason i'd do cpq is for that necklace. otherwise i would rather die

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I know it's what people do all the time, but I'm saying it shouldn't be that way. CPQ is supposed to be a competition to see which team is better. You're supposed to outclass your opponents and hinder them, garnering the most points for yourself. What do you think those abilities to stun the other team and summon crystals that make their monsters invincible are for? It's a whole system that is unused because people would rather exploit a mechanic to summon massive amounts of mobs so they can farm exp rather than actually compete.

Now that I think about it, on GMS I believe there was a limit of what you could summon. I think there were caps on the numbers of each types of mobs that could be summon as well as an overall cap of how many could be in play in total. Because of that, people normally did the "trade win" route.

The phenomenon you may have seen where hundreds of mobs spawn on one platform was probably an oversight by the private servers and most definitely a bug, seeing as the mobs should have been spread out to different areas as well.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  13. Alpha

Alpha Chronos

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    10:41 PM
    Vanish
    Assassin
    Basic
    +1

14. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    I think you're mistaken.
    So the secondary option of competition is there.
    It's not exploiting a mechanic, it is the purpose of the PQ. CPQ never was meant to be anything more than a grind with bonus points.

Frankly I hope it isn't even added at all but I know my hope is in vein.

15. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    9:41 AM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I wouldn't mind it added for the pendant. However, lowering the exp gain might be something we should consider.

• Like Like x 3
  16. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    I second this... as much as people may be disgruntled over it, I think a fairly hefty nerf to CPQ is necessary to preserve Ludi PQ...

I think it would be good if CPQ only beat Ludi PQ if you consistently won.

• Like Like x 5
  17. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    I feel like one of the staff should post a separate thread for some kind of vote too.

18. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:41 AM
    Probably should wait till CPQ is out first and see what happens before deciding if there is a need to change things.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It's not just a reflavored grindfest. The items you pick up that inflict statuses on the other team are there for a reason. The crystals that buff the mobs are there for a reason. The points you receive are there for a reason. A winning and losing team is determined at the end of each CPQ, and they are rewarded different amounts of exp accordingly. Everything, from the entire theme of the PQ to the dialogue of the NPCs points to it being a competition.

To claim otherwise is like saying a katana is just a giant cake slicer in My-little-pony-land, because that's all they'd ever use one for.

20. Exiled

Exiled Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Exile
    Chief Bandit
    Anyone with a lot of experience with the old CPQ remembers that almost everybody was there trading wins with other parties for maximum exp, and spawning rombots for grinding without using buffs/debuffs.

• Like Like x 1