1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to solve washing, attracting new players and having fun while retaining veteran achievements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zydeco, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:22 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Via the means of traditional APR HP Washing, im ok with it. However, via the means of using HP Tokens or similar ideas, thats a big no for me. HP tokens needs to have a limit that respect the job's balancing. This means non-tanky class should not be able to go above a certain amount of HP via this mean, for eg, 12k. And also this limit needs to take in consideration of traditional APR HP Washing. For eg, a rangee char who MP Washed to have potential 12k HP will not be able to use these tokens, for they have hit the limit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    3:22 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I agree with this. :heartbeat:

Balanced and capped Token usage with gameplay requirements, along with traditional APR HP washing that's still open to everyone.

3. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    How is this any different from regular AP washing? Wasn't the point of this thread to remove the need to stack on tons of INT on attacker classes like NL, archers, & corsairs?

4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    You can go PB without regular AP Washing - just buy tokens and get HB
    Truly a HP Washing optional server

And casuals can enjoy with no harsh penalties.

Its inevitable, but I don't really like the idea of seeing 20k-30k ranged characters being the norm

5. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    Remember when Ardentmill came out in the later versions and Craftable HP increase potions were created that would give you 1000-4000+ HP bonus for about 1+ hours? No one really used those but I have always thought they were useful. Adds more crafting to the server which I think is a plus but also makes it possible to keep the default HP washing system. If this was suggested before I would like to see the thread. On another note: Also makes HP washing truly optional.

I also think it should NOT stack with Hyper Body but that's just my opinion. Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    If client limitation is an issue, an alternative can be an NX ring that expires in a day or a week

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    I agree, there was never an HP Boost potion in PreBB as far as I know but if the staff could somehow add it in, in all it's glory it should work something like this: (See below)

Honestly, I think it could work like this: Create an NPC in FM or Add to an existing NPC in the world: In return for the items needed to craft the potion, NPC will give you the Health Boost Potion. There should be a limit on how many you can craft per day so the server isn't flooded with these potions. I also think they should be untradeable.

Maybe we should be able to skip the crafting process of the potion for a HEFTY amount of mesos. Could serve as a Meso Sink?? I'm thinking 10mil 15mil 20mil and 30mil. (1000HP for 10mil... and so on with 4,000 HP as the max).
    Also perhaps add a carrying limit of 1 or 2 Potions at a time? Kinda like those ciders.

Then you can participate in the content you desire without having to HP wash.

People who don't know that you had to HP wash can still participate in bossing.

Those who want to participate in higher tier bosses (cough Pink Bean) will still have to wash but not as much.

Since the potion is a temporary boost, I can't really see any cons from the top of my head except that it cannot/should not be able to stack with Hyper Body. But this can be changed if needed.

• Agree Agree x 2