1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rinnah's MapleLegends Lore Journal [Inspired by Sinclair]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kyshies, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    8:05 AM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hi there,

I'm sorry if you can read and understand English. Anyway...

Entry #1: Forsworn Love

Shivering awoke in the Free Market, sat on an expensive chair set amidst the icy vistas and calming El Nath music of FM22. One of many. He didn’t know nor care the chair’s name, except that it was expensive, being from a raffle from some past event lost to the annals of history.

He stretched luxuriously, letting out the inertia of slumber as he entertained thoughts of alt-tabbing to play another game of League of Legends instead. Being AFK was, in some strange way, possibly the same sensation of sleeping for a long time. And yet, a quick @servertime told him that it had only been less than an hour from the time he had gone AFK.

It had been one game of League, nothing more. Many dodges in Champion Select, but only one game of solo queue. He looked a few pixels ahead of him, smiling at the sight of Nightz sitting quietly upon another rather expensive-looking chair. In the wintery glow of FM22, his fellow I/L Arch Mage looked so immaculate in those black Matrix NX robes, equally black shades covering those beautiful emerald eyes of his green like molten envy.

“Nightz.”

“Welcome back, my love.”

Shivering’s eyelashes fluttered. Nightz had been here the entire time, watching over him with a reverent smile that would make any e-girl swoon. Possibly. Or perhaps he was talking to someone else in that Guild of his. Maybe? Maybe not. He liked very much the fantasy of the former, and he smiled as he let himself indulge in it. Easily, he could think of five ways to kiss him on the lips.

“Care for a stroll?” Nightz offered warmly, his words gentle yet manly as befitting someone of his stature. “Been sitting here for a while.”

“Sure, why not…” Shivering answered distantly, cupping his chin thoughtfully as he put two and two together. “Wait. You were sitting here, watching over me… right?”

Nightz grinned.

“If that’s what you’d like to think!”

It was. Sometimes, Shivering would dream of such manliness so close to him. Of resting his head upon that firm, yet soft body that lay beneath his INT gear like a ripe apple covered in ruby red skin. It was not quite jacked with a strong core like a Beaters member, but it was just right. Perfection. He had the good fortune, once, of straddling so gently, what delicateness lay beneath. No amount of Meso or White Scrolls could ever hope to buy that. Not even the dread acronym starting with the letter ‘R’ could, at least in here.

“At least I didn’t come back to you, uh…” Shivering mused, his cheeks running red as he spoke. “Doing… touching… uh… nevermind.”

Nightz winked.

“I didn’t wake you up, didn’t I?”

“Right. Of course. Anyway, you wanna go out for a bit?”

“Sure. You’ll lead the way?”

Shivering nodded.

“Always.”

They left FM22. It was just as chilly outside at the Free Market Entrance, for it was the Christmas Event. It was, at one point for that event had ended a month ago. Even so, people braved the cold weather for the chance to sit on their chairs with their friends. AFK-ing or rolling or just chatting about literally anything.

Quietly, Shivering looked upon the scattered players. How much Meso did they have? Those chairs they had weren’t even worth that much! And their gear? Probably worse! They probably did not even sell leech or multi-mage! There were Bishops among them, e-girls and guys playing girl characters decked out in the nauseatingly pastel colours of event NX, their event faces and hairstyles in colours sickly and bleached like their sense of fashion.

And yet, they were having fun. They were talking. F2-ing and F3-ing. Rolling a few million Meso at a time. Doubling that, for a pittance! They looked like the kind of people who would sell a White Scroll for Meso should they ever stumble upon one, somehow.

“Look at that one, Nightz,” Shivering whispered, his eyes upon a Bishop wearing ugly pyjamas shaped to look like some parody of a dinosaur. “He’s beautiful.”

“That’s some shit NX.”

“He likes it. That’s all that matters,” Shivering answered thoughtfully. “The future is his.”

He then looked quietly upon Nightz, who stood dutifully by his side watching those same players in mutual silence as the festive music of an event long over. Without further words shared, they knew. Multi-mages and sweat-lords would come and go, accomplish their goals and burn out like fireworks in the sky. But obviously, definitely, the social, the Henehoe – they would survive.

The world was theirs to inherit. Not his, nor Nightz’s. Like four seasons of loneliness, they would come and go, and they would cry about HP washing, about being figuratively held at gunpoint IRL into adding obscene amounts of INT in order to keep up with those already established in this society. And they would give their suggestions to fix these problems, always thinking themselves so insightful and clever as they argued with the old guard, so trapped in their wealth and squeaky-clean washed characters, for the very soul of the world. Good and evil, the war eternal.

Eventually, tabula rasa would come. It was not a matter of yes or no, but when. And when that day would come, the sweat would be washed away for good. Surely it would. Like blood cleansed in rain.

“We are the dead,” Shivering uttered quietly. “We are the dead.”

“We are the dead,” Nightz echoed dutifully, placing a hand gently upon Shivering’s shoulder. “We are the dead.”

“You are the dead!”

Shivering turned around. The voice of Kimberly, carrying with it the sharpness of vengeful death, had come from a blue server message, of all things. Butterfly wings heralded the arrival of certain doom, slickly red with the blood of fallen enemies, burning to avenge. It was absolute like the law of nature. All chatter and rolling had ceased, and he could feel everyone’s eyes upon him in the Free Market.

“Remain exactly where you are.”

Shivering grit his teeth. He knew exactly what was coming. He would be a fool to remain! Desperately, he looked to his beloved for hope. They could escape together from this place! Maybe play on another server? Happily ever after!

But he could not move. Nightz’s hand, placed upon his shoulder, was now cold and unmoving like the grave. It left him shivering from the cold.

“Nightz…”

Shivering forced himself to look at Nightz, or at least, what had once been. The bossing I/L Arch-mage’s skin had darkened into a tan like a reverse Michael Jackson, and his lips had contorted sharply into a predatory grin that, from even a single glance, he seemed to have no control over regardless of his emotions. For there was in his eyes, teal like lucid nightmares, barely hidden beneath those black shades – sorrow. He was no longer Nightz. He was now…

“Nightzy.”

The Staff member nodded coldly in acknowledgement of his new name.

“You were given multiple warnings on Discord and the Forums.”

“Nightzy? How? Why…?”

“They got me a long a time ago,” Nightzy answered with a mild, almost regretful irony, dutifully stepping aside as Kimberly approached with the flames of Hell burning hotly upon butterfly wings and Red Whip alike. “They got me a long time ago…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------​

Lore Index

Entry #1

Entry #2

• Great Work x 11
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    9:05 AM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    It hasn't been 20 minutes man

4. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]

11/10 would read again

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Sry :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    Chief Bandit
    Dreadful thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    I'm so sorry.

Also for everyone else reading this, I'm taking auditions for future stories so do let me know if you want to be a part of this rich lore series.

8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Hey can we open a new staff position as Lore Writer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Entry #2: Five ways to kiss Mirrors on the lips

LynxMarauder entered FM 7-18 slowly and purposefully, his fox tail gently swaying and sashaying alluringly from his buttocks with every step. This place was, after all, the self-proclaimed Headquarters of the dreaded Playground guild alliance – an unholy marriage of the guilds WeenieHutJrs and Spirit. Truly, there could be no greater hive of scum and villainy in all of MapleLegends. Aside from Beaters.

He made his way past rows of shops selling Mana Bulls and ‘Honsters and shit’, stopping momentarily to gawk at one mushroom-roofed shop calling a similarly mushroom-roofed shop next to it a bitch, only to have that accusation brutally refuted with a single, crushing statement – ‘NO U’. It was the magic bullet to win any argument.

But that was beside the point. He had returned for one reason alone – the ravishing e-girl whispered in dreams and nightmares, the one known only as Mirrors. Sat upon a Red Winter Chair with room for one more, she was indeed, without doubt, the one and only. Her hair, white like freshly fallen snow, was crowned fittingly with a massive white sunhat that could only be balanced upon the disproportionately large heads all Maplestory characters had with the unparalleled grace that she and she alone possessed. It was said, by far too many to count, innocent and guilty alike that her name was in a way, literal. Through her, these wicked monsters would see so clearly for the briefest of moments, the blackness of their dark hearts and the damnation of their souls right before the blue text of a righteous perma-ban was handed to them forever.

A few steps forward, and he found himself tensing up again, his muscles frozen solid as he stood before such beauty tempered by a thousand battles, scarred from the issuance of countless perma-bans condemned upon villains and criminals as evil as sin itself. Even from afar, draped in white innocent and pure like a wedding dress, Mirrors was everything he could ever hope for ever since the first time he $maple-ed her on Discord. Her demureness, so stark a contrast with the weariness apparent in those amethyst eyes of hers as she sat upon that Red Winter Chair, a gaze staring forward a thousand yards.

And as he contemplated his next move, he found himself tensing up yet again, his muscles frozen solid like a Mini Gold Martial Artist getting hit by a Blizzard pre-Shaolin 5-6 nerf. But now was not the time to hesitate! He willed himself forward.

“Hey! Umm…”

“Yes, cutie?” Mirrors answered, her eyelashes fluttering dreamily. “Don’t be shy! Come closer…”

Unsteadily, LynxMarauder stood his ground. When Mirrors noticed his hesitation, her eyes lit up with ravening delight.

“I’ve been expecting you, silly!”

“What…?”

“Yes! Your arrival was foretold in the Ten Rings. Come, little one. The long circle is nearly complete.”

“Wait, what? I don’t even…”

Despite his best efforts and better judgement screaming otherwise, LynxMarauder found himself drawn ever closer towards his heart’s desire. The gaze of the e-girl was absolute, all-knowing and seductive like a siren’s call. He could not bear to look, and yet, neither could he bear to look away!

Thoughtlessly, like a good boy, he sat down upon the Red Winter Chair, under the shade of its massive red umbrella easily worth more than a billion Mesos. He was so close to her now, nary a breath apart between them. And the way she smiled at him, could only mean one thing.

“Go on…”

LynxMarauder grabbed Mirrors gently and firmly upon each of her shoulders, and she turned to look at him with those big, beautiful, eyes. So wide, so open, and he found himself leaning in with his head closer and closer, until his lips met hers. They were warm, soft and gentle like silk.

“Oh no. Forgive me, my Lady! I shouldn’t have…”

He bit his tongue, cringing hard at the perma-ban that would surely follow from this brazen act so sacrilegious upon one so blessed and high and mighty. But divine retribution never came. Only the smile of Mirrors, her cheeks red like a ripe apple tastier than any Onyx Apple as she gazed into his eyes.

“Hurry. Come closer. I want your Speed Infusion deep inside me so that I can... aahh... aahhh... cast Genesis.”

Immediately, LynxMarauder leaned in again, embracing Mirrors from the side, wrapping his arms around her slender waist. Didn't matter that Speed Infusion no longer worked with Genesis, Blizzarr, or Meteor Shower. His life flashed before him as he felt her warmth caressing his skin, nourishing his very soul as their lips met yet again. In this moment, he could ask for little more. Perhaps a buff to the Paladin class, but both scenarios were closely tied.

“Lie down on my Red Winter Chair,” Mirrors commanded playfully, her fingers straddling energetically upon LynxMarauder’s spine. “I can wait no longer…”

“But this chair…” LynxMarauder uttered weakly. “It’s too good for me, I…”

He found himself silenced by a finger gently pressed upon his twice-kissed lips.

“Even the new Cat Mug Random Chair is good enough for you, cutie.”

“Really…?”

Mirrors gazed quietly into his eyes as he searched her delicate features for an answer. From that alone, as their lips met once again, he knew her words to be true. Any doubts harboured even in the darkest recesses of his mind were quelled quickly and swiftly as their lips and tongues spoke the wordless language of love, interrupted only frequently and briefly by intermittent smiles.

“Yes. Come on now.”

LynxMarauder lay down upon the Red Winter Chair. It felt soft and gentle and loving like the caress of a billion Mesos. Truly, it was something worth purchasing. Something worthy of Mirrors. And he could do nothing more than close his eyes, his heart racing with anticipation as she collapsed passionately upon him.

“You’re ovulating,” Mirrors whispered close to his ear. “I’m going to let it all out.”

“WHAT?”

LynxMaruader’s eyes widened. Wasn’t it supposed to be the other way round? He tried to leap out from the Red Winter Chair, only to held down by what felt like the force of Bodyguard A’s one damage stun punch. He tried to Time Leap, only to have his powers fail him in his time of need.

“I’m a Staff member, you know…” Mirrors explained coolly, her hands pressed firmly upon his shoulders as she lurched over him like the shadow of death itself. “Reality can be whatever I want.”

“But… but…”

“Shh…”

LynxMaruader gasped. Indeed, reality could be whatever she wanted it to be. And as he looked into her eyes once again, he knew it to be true. How could he be so foolish to even think of resisting true love? It did not matter who was doing what, so long as they both desired it. Why else would he have come here? It was foretold in the Ten Rings, after all.

“I love you, Mirrors.”

“I love you too…” Mirrors whispered lovingly, before planting her lips gently upon LynxMarauder’s one final time. “Let me share with you the terrible wonders I have come to know.”

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    11:05 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    upload_2022-3-19_14-28-25.jpeg

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    11:05 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    [​IMG]

Back off my Nightzy-wightzy you dragon summoner, its his story!

[​IMG]

Back off my Weenies mommy y-you..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: Great story-telling as usual Kyshies, was a great read.

13. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Probably gonna post more rich MapleLegends lore either when I get to it or when MapleLegends is down for maint/patch maint/restart. Currently the ideas I have on the table are:
    • Forsworn Love, Part II (Shivering X Nightz)
    • Historically accurate re-enactment of the Heaven's Hammer nerf (probably need to research this one)
    • Damp Affairs in the Damp Forest
    • Akash X MapleLegends Economy (explicit, gone sexual)
    • The mysterious case of the non-permanent c/o and the Phantom Buyer
    Thank you for reading! I also take requests.

• Friendly Friendly x 5