1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

PB accountability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fartsy, Apr 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:14 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This has since been investigated thoroughly and no wrongdoings have been found.

If at any time in the future there's concerns about a staff member then please report this on the forums or directly to a supervisor and mention that it's a report. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    7:14 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    What is deemed difficult? We lack the playerbase (GTOP says we are a 500-1000 server population) as a whole to sustain most economical shifts and are unable to recover from them without huge influx of mesos (IE: Farmers and multimage).

https://gtop100.com/topsites/MapleS...r-MAC-Compatible-NO-Hackers---NO-RWTRMT-87398
    upload_2023-4-14_2-34-16.png

Take me for example, I manage two full FM rooms, everyday, manually putting items up every single day. Do you consider me lazy or perhaps not putting effort as you say? I don't think so, but I also cannot control if no one wants to purchase Dragon Carabellas or even moreso, Green Dragon Claw, because no one realistically wants them...

Nightz had given me a great idea in the past, which was to $partyroll items so they can be cleared from the sell list faster, which really helped speed things up for my own hosted runs. I think more hosts can use this feature to get their group paid faster.

So why is it the fault of the host to deal with selling items that are irrelevant?!
    Consider removing those items from the droptable and overhauling it for the modern-day MapleLegends, to avoid all potential conflict and unnecessary escalation.

• Creative Creative x 2
  3. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Staff are still staff, regardless if they remove their staff hat or not.

also lowkey bm :/

can confirm

i think you're missing the point

its about how they went about handling it all

if there was an issue, you would want it dealt with respectfully, for both/all parties involved, yes?

not a shitshow which is what has happened

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2023
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:14 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    NPCs always want to buy Dragon Carabellas and Green Dragon Claws.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    I agree, not to mention the incident with the Monster Magnet ban from last year. FULL transparency amongst the team of 30 players would've had much more effective PR for Kimmy and her Staff, it was handled poorly (saying this as an outsider who witnessed it all).

And it extends further than 30 players obviously, it reflects poorly upon the entire server population to ensure that slander, bm and most importantly long term reputation is not to be ruined.

Hosts are hosts for a reason, they must be held responsible for all actions involved with their group. If anything comes up, as the host, they must be there on-top of things first and should not be neglectful when it comes to things like public relations nor group dynamic and teambuilding.

Same SHOULD applies to Staff. If Staff fail to abide by ToS that they sign, they must be terminated, and as Nise says

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/pb-accountability.49480/#post-335177

upload_2023-4-14_4-29-42.png

I do not operate a banking system for my HT group, but when Nightz approached me a few months back to notify me of an error in my public Google Sheet, I swiftly worked at 4AM to get it resolved for my group. I was unknowingly taxing the NPC-able items and now it has been resolved. My team is fully aware of the situation and I was in full communication with Nightz throughout the process. I appreciate Nightz for speaking with me directly, vs in-front of my entire group first because it shows that he does respect what I do.

Hosting is a full-time volunteer job, alike Staff do in ML. We are all here for the game we love to play and we need to understand we are all human and need to be empathetic and not be so quick to judge, attack and escalate to the point of no return.

its just about being compassionate. I hope that makes sense.

Back to the real problem, if Staff have reason to believe there is foul play. They too need to create a report on the forums and follow the processes.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/pb-accountability.49480/page-2#post-335200

[​IMG]

If Staff themselves arent utilizing the forums, why should the players even bother??
    Forums are so 2005 and I honestly just found out about this thread 2 hours ago..
    Meanwhile I knew about all of this toxic Pink Bean Drama last week via Discord.

I think Akash, Skar, Moon and Eiji (for those that I do know dealing with this), have all handled it well and Moon and Eiji (who's Pink Bean I attend), have all been very open, honest and transparent about this entire situation (as they should). I have no reason to believe anyone has been malicious throughout my time attending Moon and Eiji's Pink Bean hosted runs. Again, if Staff do then they must report it to their Supervisors. This fiasco is really gotten off the rails and has become a shitshow as big as the one from last year I referenced earlier, if not worse (since it is involved more hosts this time, and for all I know there are more from our EU/SGT playerbase).

Moving forward, we need better framework on what IS and what IS NOT allowed.

Staff, it is your job to show us, the hosts, what is to be expected of us, but do not cause a fire and escalate if there is nothing to be worked up over (being non-specific here on-purpose).
    I care about my group, but if Staff don't care about me (the host), then who will help me when I need it?

Last year, I had dealt with a specific player who harassed the Staff to get me banned over impenitentness receiving funds for items that were unsold and were forced to firesell items at 90% off to get them sold, losing money for the entire group in the process.

The cancer and toxicity forced me to quit. I cannot deal with it.

I did not plan to play ML ever again.

My HT group was 100% in on what was going on as well, we kept full transparency including sharing screenshots and chatlogs of everything, my group had my back no matter what.

As host, that is my responsibility to manage the payouts, and earnings of my group and to act in a manner where I have my group's best interest in-mind first.
    But when Staff get involved then I cannot control what happens, as host my responsibility gets stolen from me unable to control the atmosphere, the energy and the vibe of the group.
    I literally was put on a clock by Staff to get WAITING items sold "or else"...

The player continued to slander me and publicly bully me in-game and ML discord yet nothing could be done because the "report" protected them. What the fuck is that? Eventually I got fed up and defended myself in the ML discord. And I think this player has quit now but the everlasting effect that have placed on me has trickled down to the entire playerbase. Lets be real, everyone knows who I am just as much as people who who Eiji is (not to be arrogant but my AMA forum post was the highest viewed non-staff post (yes i checked)).

Anways, How do I know this is all true?
    Mard themselves using my name in vain when addressing this exact situation.
    (also accusing me here when I never did this, is that acceptable? No.)

[​IMG]

Im not posting the full chatlog here but you can clearly see the repercussion of a single player's actions not only influencing new players to think poorly of me, but Staff as well??
    Mard does not know me personally, but from this, I do not want anything to do with Mard and I am upset they chose to say that about someone that do not know.

Why am I the server's punching bag? Why do people find it acceptable to shitpost me?

This isnt even the first example! Here is another one.

Mott and (and Alyosha (former staff)) circlejerk shitposting over my mispriced Overall INT 70% scrolls. Wow bro ur so cool 420420420.

[​IMG]

Like seriously? I can just go on and on over the bullying in this server. But that isnt the point of this thread, nor my replies.

It's about Staff making poor decisions and how it poorly reflects the entire game.

No one is perfect, Staff do not get paid, but just be nice. That's all I am asking.

Sorry Fartsie for hijacking your thread but this has been bothering me for awhile, I hope I don't get banned for calling out Staff as I do not think Staff are considered a "public callout" since they are figureheads of the community and should be approachable in-times of need.

• Informative x 10
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    You are not funny.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I can't really say it was handled poorly because that would be me assuming how it happened. My whole point is that i feel like there's grey areas within the ToS for scenarios like this. For example if Mard asked in a "reasonable" and non conficting manner for clarification on the pink bean taxing through the private pb discord does this truly fall under a public accusation? Or can we write it off as simply inquiring information on a server made for that purpose? Or would public accusation only be applicable on a hypothetical scenario where there was an aggresive direct comfrontation or accusation?

If it's deemed incorrect to publicly inquire information which is potentually sensitive and risks the reputation of a player, i feel like that should be very clearly expressed on the ToS. Regardless of the intent, if the person asking for the information is genuinely unaware it could lead to situations where an innocent question could actually end up being a public accusation. To my understanding of the ToS (after making some clown comments due to being misinformed), 3.3.3 would have this grey area that i personally believe could use further clarification.

In that same spirit, is asking about something troubling on a discord exclusive to the affected by the issue at hand really "Public"? Is the definition of publc ANYONE other than the player in question?

At the end of the day there's always definitely better ways to handle things but this particular shitfest seems to fall into this grey area.

8. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    I think then it may be best to not get involved if you do not know all the facts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I think i know enough based on what mard said to make the statement that i made. My whole point more so about how the ToS could be more specific about situations like this and not exactly what happened.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Is it really considered a firesale if you can NPC those same items for essentially the same price?

Btw, "ryanlights'ing" could mean a ton of things, but I feel like you're projecting some sort of negative connotation. Here's a pretty innocuous example that fits quite nicely in context:
    upload_2023-4-14_2-36-44.png

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The more I explore the internet, the more fundamentally apparent it becomes that digging your heels in deeper for any untenable position only results in continual mocking. At that point credibility is shot and the only real outcome of putting yourself out there further is more trolling, and being upset by it only feeds into it further. It's the lesson we learn from the likes of Chris-chan and any number of other cows on the internet. The only solution is to just take an L, accept it, and move on. There's nothing to be gained from caring about grudges in a video game and putting emotional energy into them, only more garbage for folks to laugh at.

Also I think you forgot about a case where a member of staff quotes your twitlonger in asking a question on your AMA.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    6:14 AM
    The term was taken from Akash’s bank sheet. This screenshot was taken only a few days before I posted in Akash’s PB discord, as he quietly changed the wording of his bank right before this happened.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    7:14 PM
    banks should pay interest rates... if not, y is it a bank?

14. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    2 wrongs don’t make a right

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cashew2

Cashew2 Orange Mushroom

Oct 19, 2020
    Male
    Cashew3
    Night Lord, Corsair
    Disclaimer: I've only taken high school economics

Banks pay interest because they can earn interest by writing loans using your deposits or investing your deposits.

You typically don't get interest on checkings accounts since there are little if any limits to withdrawals, so banks need to hold a decent amount of the cash in reserves, limiting their interest income. This is what most ML boss run banks seem to be, although you also have the slight benefit of tax free transactions within the bank.

I would love to see an ML credit rating system and/or securities rating system (although most items would probably be speculation grade at best). Maybe a respected guild would have the credibility and specialized knowledge to put it all together.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    we have somewhat of an informal credit rating system, but to post it publicly would likely result in some form of community harassment.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Cashew2

Cashew2 Orange Mushroom

Oct 19, 2020
    Male
    Cashew3
    Night Lord, Corsair
    That's fascinating

I guess in a simple system, income is probably the biggest single factor for credit worthiness.

Other than that, it would be hard to get a "credit history" report since most loans on the server are just between close friends or fully collateralized so defaulting matters less.

18. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Akash is not staff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Being staff sounds like a pain in the ass. Not sure why one would willing put tape over their mouths and restrict being able to freely shitpost about others in confidence.

People bitch and moan that staff aren't as active or involved with the community and then they bitch and moan when they do.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    you have no idea.

I was recently involved with Staff imposing censorship on me where I was told to not speak out to back my friends and was told to not "make things worse"

Talk about double standard.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.