1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Initial Event Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beegoratto, Jun 10, 2023.

1. parthian

parthian Red Snail

Aug 17, 2015
    Male
    9:57 AM
    Vanguard
    Beginner
    After trying 15-20 with a party for a few hours with no success it seems the tower is not for me (JQ's have always been a struggle). But the event artwork is amazing and the extra effort to change the music is awesome as well. It would be nice to have a decent alternative to the tower, but I imagine it's hard to cater for everyone in each event.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    5:57 PM
    the axe throwing quest left side of the event map is JQ-free way to grind tickets/raffles!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. parthian

parthian Red Snail

Aug 17, 2015
    Male
    9:57 AM
    Vanguard
    Beginner
    Yea, getting there. It's just a bit of a grind haha. If the estimate of 1/6 for coupons is correct its about 5 hours to max per char. It would be nice if it had slightly better returns for coupons but it's something to do!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
  4. asaniqq

asaniqq Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    2:57 PM
    Beasee
    Shadower
    now post how much meso you made in the first 12h of this event :TooBased:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Not enough

• Creative Creative x 2
  6. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    The orange mushroom and slime tshirts are available in the normal CS and the pink bean,slime,pepe, etc. face accesories have VERY similar versions in the donor CS.

7. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    11:57 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    he says that while browsing his stacks of pcoins
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Scylla

Scylla Orange Mushroom

Oct 10, 2019
    Female
    Scylla
    Night Lord
    Lotus
    First of all I wanna say that I do like the event a lot. It's something new and fresh that we didn't have before and I really like the theme.

What I don't like is the damn RNG on the axe throwing PQ, which is the worst ever.
    Sometimes u go for 20-30 runs without getting any coupon at all. This is so demotivating because you need to run so many times and you can't really slack inside, or talk with the people because there isn't that much time to kill everything.
    I'd like it much more if we would get guaranteed coupons after every x PQ's or have a bigger time, so we can talk and make it more fun.
    For example: If you have max points already, after every 10 PQ's without any coupon, make the next PQ give guaranteed coupons.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
  9. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    10:57 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Personally not a fan of this event.
    I admire the very hard work that was accomplished by the team (especially on the dev side), to create this retro world inside MapleLegends, but I don't think this setting/theme fits for a MapleLegends Anniversary Event.

I would have a different opinion if there was a way to participate on this event outside of the Retro.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    12:57 AM
    Endorphins
    raffle rates are nerfed
    very happy! just when i started actually getting stuff from it! OnionPretty

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I do agree with this. As someone who has awful hand eye coordination, I struggle a lot with platformers and games that require timing and technical skill. I cannot even get past floor 13 or 14 of the demon king tower despite trying for HOURS and with the help of friends.

It's nice to the the axe PQ as an alternative but the coupon rates for the PQ are depressing, especially if you already have max points, you are literally running for nothing. Yesterday I spent 90 minutes with 2 folks and they hit the 1000 cap and only had 8-10 coupons to show for it.

I understand it's tricky to balance the axe PQ since if it's too good everyone will just mule it but it's truly depressing to go many runs without a coupon. Hell, I would even prefer if you doubled the rate but only gave out 1 coupon tbh.

Overall I don't have a choice. I either spend hours grinding axe PQ or hours failing demon king tower, I probably will not be participating in the raffle unfortunately because 1) I am technically challenged and don't have the skills necessary to participate and 2) I have a full time job and don't have the free time to do this stuff on the weekdays, and I need way more time than the average person to compete tower levels :(

PS - I know this is a Player Skill Issue and people are probably gonna tell me to "get good"; trust me I would if I could, and it's not due to lack of trying. I just literally struggle so hard with things that require intense dedicated attention and timing. My ADHD really kicks my ass in this aspect. I hope I am the only one that is going through this and I know other players can easily clear tower in less than 20 minutes!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Not everyone is able to have the mechanical skills for platforming, especially when you have to platform as well as attempt to dodge hazards and ranged attacks with slim margin of error. This JQ also is an anti-JQ, my meaning behind this is it takes what we know and use as tactics for JQ's and turns it around. For normal JQ you use map hazards to your advantage, here at the Tower you're punished for doing so. I applaud any player who doesn't enjoy JQ's that is getting this done, as well as the players that are mechanically inclined at this helping those that aren't. If you're struggling and getting frustrated, I highly recommend trying to find these players (If i'm available i'm more than willing to help out).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Posting here just to mention that we are looking at the provided feedback to see what we can improve. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Little notes to add - this is our first "test run" of a more community-oriented event format. It's definitely not perfect, but the goal to bring more group vibes to what have recently mostly been individual-centered events seems to have worked.

The change to the raffle system was made to have a break from the usual and stale 100mobs/1boss kill quest, which has been requested after the last events. Naturally it doesn't mean that that format won't come back, we're just exploring alternatives, to see what is worth reusing and what instead will need more work.
    The old Maple weapons crafting system was criticized in the past for leaving only few of the less-marketable items available to get. Being given a cost to upgrade weapons from level 35 to 64, players who didn't need a specific weapon would opt to upgrade to the best selling ones. We tried to instead allow players to farm the weapons they need themselves, via PQs, and via the Raffle (players under level 30 can obtain accessory boxes via raffle; players under level 70 have a chance to obtain lv35,43,64 boxes, and players betwen 70 and 120 can obtain lv64 ones. Shield, cape, earring and hat are also obtainable for all players above level 30. As a reminder, you can consult which items you can gain from the raffle by talking with the flying Goddess Avaracia in Retro World).

The weekly cap for points is a variation on the content cap that we've done recently; we used this same system during Anni 2021, and it feels overall superior to the LNY event content cap, if anything because it allows you to run with your friends even after you maxed your rewards.
    We will continue to explore alternatives, as it's still very tough to balance. While we discussed the option to leave prizes uncapped (along with making them harder to obtain), we feared that it would have let to much easier burnout, as players would have felt pressured into constantly farming rewards instead of doing any other content deemed less profitable. There is the argument that the current system instead promotes multiple characters, which I can't deny. But figuring out a properly balanced system will require more work.

The accessories are similar, but still different.
    The shirts however are a mistake, sorry about that. Turns out the same shirts exist with different names and different IDs, which is a pain.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Ariami

Ariami Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Aug 26, 2020
    Female
    Ariami
    The 2 T-shirts were indeed an oversight due to them having different names and IDs in different versions of Maplestory.

The Face Accessories however, despite being "similar," are still different.

So if out of the plethora of Cosmetic Equips being offered this Event, only 2 of them are an error due to overlap with the CS, I still don't see that as much to have an issue over because it could've been much worse.

We appreciate the report though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    5:57 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
  16. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Agreed on this part. This event feels significantly more community oriented than past events. The biggest failure on this front imo is the fact that chatting is turned off on Puff Daddy maps. The fight is so dull; I was really looking forward to the chaos people lauded it for in previous events, but it hardly even feels like there’s 50 people in the room because it’s dead silent.

17. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I actually dont know where the issue is in having some cosmetics that are in cs. As long as they are not ALL previously attainable, there are many benefits to placing some in the cosmetic pool.

• The items are highlighted among the server. New and veteran players alike may not even know that the items are also hidden among the mountain of items in the CS. Especially considering a few of these items slipped through the entire staff radar, the presence of a few items feels more like an nx broadcast than a cop-out to me.
    • Event NX creates certain themes during the event, and items which fit it can be included. One of the funny things during events is seeing everyone flocking together wearing the nx sets. Even if the perfect nx item for the event was already in the cs, people aren't gonna seek it out.
    • Cosmetic points are nowhere near the premium they used to be, and acquiring nx items through them are a much more palatable method than purchasing through the cs, especially for washing/non-voting/low-donating players. There's little to no opportunity cost of buying an nx set only to later find out its also available in the cs year-round (its actually a benefit if you build your look around an event cosmetic which doesn't return the next year). And even with a surplus of nx as a veteran player, I've bought... maybe one or two nx outfits constantly and tons of event cosmetics. Most of my cs purchases are actually testing weapons to find ones with weird class attack animations I like such as barrage/ds (and promptly waste that nx because it didn't look like i thought it would in-game).
    I don't see cs repeats as a waste at all. I would say the majority of event cosmetics should be new stuff, in maybe a 70/30 or 80/20 type split, but why limit your creative ability to curate the best array of event cosmetics by restricting what should essentially be viewed as trend-setting free samples of cs items. And to the haters, just put a disclaimer that it's also available in the cs so they can save their precious cosmetic points.

18. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:57 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    a very funny/cool thing is sometimes being carried by someone level 10

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Great work on the event Pasta. While I do agree the 100 mobs/1 boss kill thing was getting stale, I think the actual stale part of that kill quest was the fact you had to travel all over the world to get the kills instead of a concentrated place that would make it easier to finish the quest day after day (if you didnt want to use VIP rocks). I think going forward with each event even for "community focused" ones it would be cool to have the "platforming and PQ" option for those who want to do it to grind raffle currency. But there should always be some type of option for those of us who aren't as gifted with jumping and platforming to get raffle currency just from good old fashioned farming or kill quests.(I don't consider the Axe Throwing PQ as really a form of monster grinding) You can also see how Puff Daddy isn't coming up as often because there isn't much incentive to grind.

So having both options in future events going forward would be great and then people can choose their method to get event stuff. If that means that one or the other needs to tweaked because its too easy to get raffle currency when event starts then so be it. But at least players can have the two paths to go down to achieve raffles.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. MapleStarter

MapleStarter Slime

May 20, 2019
    Male
    6:57 PM
    MapleStarter
    Beginner
    Newbology
    tower is too hard for solo players... i hate how raffle works in this event, this needs to change.

• Creative Creative x 1