1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

LUK Mage - weapon choices question

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Trion, Jun 27, 2023.

1. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    1:24 PM
    Trion
    Beginner
    Is there any point during a LUK mage's journey to use reverse wand/staff over the elemental weapons or is the path generally both elemental weapons into Timeless?

2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:24 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    if the lib is correct the tl staff can reach 16x tma (perf 145 tma, full leved perf 15 more tma) at cost at 100 luk

and elemental staff 18x ish at cost of 165 luk

if you are arch mage no point to not use elemental

if u are bs, it depends how much luk u wanna cap

3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:24 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Luk FP or IL has to use the elemental weapon (because not getting the ele boost would be really bad). Bishop could use reverse/timeless, and gain a bit more TMA as a result. However it is worth noting that LUK mage is not currently an economically feasible build in maplelegends.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    1:24 PM
    Trion
    Beginner
    Gotcha just thought there was some weird thing I might have been missing with luk wands and such in between there that could somehow be better. Thanks for clearing it up. And yeah this would have been for luk I/L. (Just making luk mages to get rid of ele staffs I have, although another bishop probably would have been better).

Thanks for clearing that up I just wasn't 100% sure on the LUK mage direction since I always played lukless. I should definitely make a LUK bishop down the road to get rid of some of the elemental staff as scrolling fodder. Just made a Luk I/L because my bishop is closing in on 200 and wanted something different.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    10:24 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    LUK mage is definitely viable IMO. On Archmage I would recommend going with the LUKless wands though as scrolling a good elemental staff is gonna be very difficult. Being able to equip it efficiently also depends on having a well-scrolled set of Timeless equips with average or high level up stats, which is not trivial. Another issue is availability of elemental staves. Bishops have the additional option of using a Timeless staff.

Theoretically LUK mage has higher magic attack at very high levels of funding due to Timeless equips and lots of free LUK on Zhelm/Scarga/Auf, Monster Book/Ellin Forest ring, HTP/Timeless Pendant, Crimsonheart Cloak, and expiring event face/rings. Timeless equips are expensive to scroll but at the very least the gloves and shield are worth scrolling. On the other hand, OA/cape LUK and staff scrolls are extremely cheap. So it's a matter of balancing between extremely expensive equips and cheap scrolls as well as deciding which staff/wand is worth it for you.

For example: I'm at 15x on my LUK-based IL archmage. I have 40 base LUK which I plan to lower to 30 or even 25 as I get more LUK equips such as MB tier 10. I use Crimsonheart cloak scrolled for LUK. I am using INT scrolled Dark Pachone gloves and Dark Enigma robes as I managed to pick them up for very cheap in the FM. I use 10 tma Timeless Cabatina for shoe slot. I am using a 161 TMA ele staff 3 until I can afford a 175+ ele wand 7. This is a fairly inefficient build but the points in LUK are offset by the very, very cheap equips (for 23 int robe I paid around 25m and for 19 tma gloves I believe I paid 30m. The shoes were a few mil IIRC. Your mileage may vary). When I have the build more optimized (that is, when I've got MB tier 10, event rings, and MW20) I will likely be moving away from my INT robe to a mixed LUK/INT scrolled robe (scrolled first for LUK with 30s then INT with 60s). After that Im going to try to scroll a Timeless Prelude and Timeless Hermosa. It does not make sense for me to go with Elemental Staff unless I can scroll one with something like 230+ TMA.

To answer the question more directly: Timeless staff is potentially worth going for on Bishop if you can reliably get them for cheap because the cost of scrolling one is much lower than scrolling or buying a very high TMA/perfect Ele wand. Elemental staves are an endgame staff only worth going for once you have a very well scrolled set of Timeless equips and a full set of LUK boosting equips such as Targa, HTP, etc etc.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023