1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice [Feedback Thread] MapleLegends Anniversary Event 2023

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ariami, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    6:56 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I think this was one of the best events you guys have ever done! The Dungeon JQ was fabulous! I found myself trying to solo the whole thing for fun - though trying to do the boss solo is impossible. I would get to 20 and then provide my services as a meat shield...JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT!

I did the speed run solo, but once I realized I had to do the boss as well, I was a bit disappointed. When running with a group, I realized the switches didn't activate for those not yet on the map, so that was a bit frustrating. After that, I found that if I wasn't leader, the obstacles on the maps didn't have the same timing as when I was leader, which resulted in my inability to replicate what I had done on solo runs. My best solo 1-20 run was approximately 10-12 minutes. Waiting for that stupid golem on maps 16 and 18 was...stupid!

The Axe PQ was pretty good. I think the strategy on that is fairly simple once it's figured out.

The JQ pre-quest was obnoxious at first until I figured out it's Flash Jump, then it was fairly straightforward. The Avoid Pre-Quest was a good challenge.

I didn't find myself really caring about coins so much because while the Pots they could buy were good, there's so many options in game to buy (and yes, they are less effective) that I didn't see a need to rush for them.

The Coupon limit seemed a bit unnecessary, but understandable. The number of characters people made to collect more coupons made the limit seem pointless. There really isn't a limit if you keep making accounts and characters. I only did the JQs with two characters - the one I'm currently working on (Tisif) and the one I'll be working on next (Forg).

I liked the raffle rewards for the most part. I was hoping for more than just Cheesecakes (I do like the Cheesecakes - I'm not knocking them AT ALL). I've recently chewed up my stock of Strawberry, Chocolate, and Wedding Cake pots (and there's another one I'm forgetting) that I got from the 1st Year Anniversary Event, so I need more! XD The only thing I absolutely hated getting were Maple Hats. They're so worthless even an NPC won't give you 1 meso for them. Granted, they're good for new characters, but the level 70 Maple Hats are just a cheap substitute until you get your Zakum Helm.

The theme of the event was great, the music was great - with exception to Lith Harbor's music... it got weird at parts. I prefer the original Magatia music and wish I had the option to turn off the 8-bit music, but I was rarely in Magatia that, for me, it didn't matter. The only way I found out was when I turned the randomizer for the music on and it came up.

I wished it had gone on for another week, but I think that means I hope it comes back. I think there's a lot of potential in this style for future events that are community oriented (thinking CPQ-ish competitive teams type of thing, I dunno).

5-Stars, Highly recommend!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
  2. Nathaniel5

Nathaniel5 Red Snail

Apr 27, 2023
    Male
    4:56 PM
    Bartimaeus
    Beginner
    Sleepywood
    • Event Content
      • The Demon King's Tower
        • Overall, how did you feel about the Demon King's Tower? - I found it delightful. It was a bit frustrating at first but it was pretty fun afterwards. The main fun for me was the boss part of the stage.
        • Did you enjoy being able to party with players of any level/job type? - That as an excellent feature.
        • Was the Retro Hero Pendant worth the effort needed to obtain it? - Most def.
        • Did you like the Leaderboard that was implemented for the Demon King's Tower? - Yes!
          • Did you participate in trying to "speedrun" the Demon King's Tower? - No, but I thought about it.
      • Mercenary's Jump Training
        • Did you enjoy this minigame? - Yeah! It was really nice. Shame the jump skill was only used here.
        • Did you complete this minigame multiple times for extra Retro Coins? - Naa, but if I wanted to grind coins that is what I would've done.
      • Magician's Dodge Training
        • Did you enjoy this minigame? - Not really.
        • Did you complete this minigame multiple times for extra Retro Coins? - God no.
      • Retro World
        • Did you enjoy this minigame? - Not really.
        • How often did you play this minigame as an alternative to the Demon King's Tower? - Never
        • Did you enjoy being able to party with players of any level/job type? - Good feature.
        • Was the reward system for this minigame fair to you?
          • This is after the updates to include a "pity system" if you did not receive Retro Coupons after a certain number of clears. - Didn't try
      • Bit Puff Daddy
        • What did you like/dislike about the Bit Puff Daddy battle? - It was basically hold Axe Throw for 5 minutes. The wait time to enter it was really long. I wish we could just start it whenever the room got filled and block it so accounts can only do once per summoning.
        • Did you find that Bit Puff Daddy spawned often enough for you to participate in? - It barely spawned for me, I guess my timezone was bad. That's a bit of an issue
        • Did you find the rewards for Bit Puff Daddy participation fair? - They were OK. It was a bit of a chore that I had FOMO to not miss cause of $$$.

• Retro Coupons
      • Accessibility
        • Did you like the methods in which you could obtain Retro Coupons for the Event? - Yeah!, I liked how I had a week to do them!
        • In your opinion, were these methods more favorable compared to the past Event's method of 100 Mobs/1 Boss? - Haven't tried but this seems way better. Giving me a full week for a week's worth of rewards is fantastic.
      • Rewards
        • What did you spend your Retro Coupons on the most: Ability Point Resets, Raffle, Chairs? - APRs on Wash characters and raffle for rest.
        • In regards to the Raffle, were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with? - It could be nice if better rewards would get incremented at higher level than 70, like 100-110. For players who can leech themselves are have a lot of money the difference between 110 to 120 is minor, but for new players it's a massive distance, so it would be nice to be slightly better for newer players while still hampering the ability to farm coupons on new char. Especially considering must high level players have a bunch of 120 mules anyway.

• Retro Coins
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Retro Coins? - I never farmed them but they seemed easy enough to get. Especially with the PQs.
      • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Retro Coins? - Great!!!
        • Which method did you use the most? - PQs unintentionally.
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Retro Coins on? - Yes!
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your Retro Coins on? - not really.
      • Did you have a lot of leftover Retro Coins by the end of the Event? - Sort of, I turned them all into attack pots.

• Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event? - Yes!
      • Did you enjoy the additional elements added to the Event (i.e. new skills)? - Yes!
      • In your opinion, was this Event more Community involved or did it feel very Solo-driven? - A perfect mixture of both! You could go full solo or full community, it was great!
      • Do you prefer Events that are more custom and unique like this one, or Events that are integrated fully into regular game content? - I enjoy both, a mixture is nice.
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory? - Yes!
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event? - Very much so!
      • Did you find the Event Post on the Forum informational enough to help you understand the different aspects of the Event? - Yes! I wish you would link the forum post on Discord when you announce a new forum post.

3. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    You can! Talk to emeric to go buy some potions with the coins. They're not unagi but they're something.

4. Audemars

Audemars Slime

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Audemars
    Warrior
    Please do more events like this in the future my only suggestion would be to integrate “kill 100 of X monster” an alternative to JQ in the future as I have some friends who skipped the whole event because JQ was impossible for them and farming axe PQ for hours is too mindnumbing

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    7:56 AM
    Corsair
    I loved the event! My issue was trying to clear the tower solo. It was possible until the boss FoxAwk. I had to give in and duo it with my sister and it was really challenging! The thing I dislike about the event was the fact that it'll end tbh. If the tower returned as an all level PQ (like HPQ) I really think nobody could complain, and everybody who liked this event would be happy. We could use another PQ for high level characters! blushmush

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Having demon tower as a permanent 100-120 PQ might not be a bad idea, the only issue I see with this is that axe throwing is supposed to be like a temporary skill, stuff like that, but that's a great idea!!

7. ChlorinePurp

ChlorinePurp Red Snail

Mar 12, 2020
    Female
    9:56 AM
    Shimha
    Beginner
    The event was extremely creative, but also extremely hard for people who weren't good jump quests, me and a lot of my friends struggled hours and hours trying to clear the demon tower on just our main characters and not only that for other characters we love playing that required the APR the event provided, for people who work all week just to come home/wind down during the weekends, it was almost undoable due to the rng on floors 10-20 worse if you didn't have any one to come play with you had you came through during dead hours. Being that it's a small server with a lot of different time zones, just opting to do axe PQ wasn't a great fill in, once you capped the coins you were just left getting nothing or just 2 coupons after a bad rng 1 hour run before people had to dip. I get it people didn't like the mind numbing events we had before with the kill 100 mobs to get a raffle, but they are certainly other maple events that were easier than this or balances to keep in mind to accommodate for people who might be busy or are solo players. I was on the luckier end of the spectrum being that I was a work at home kind of person with time to spare, but my more casual friends had it the worst where they just opted to not doing the event or just playing on 1 character and just chill after floor 5 of demon tower. Efficiency is not always bad

Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    3:56 PM
    Moderator Post
    Chiming in just to address this - this is content that will definitely come back, in some form or another. It's been coded from zero specifically for this anniversary, so it doesn't have the same issues as ancient events that would need ported.
    Also, the Axe Throw skill is actually the most "correctly" integrated custom skill that we've added so far; it doesn't have the same side issues that Spaceship had, for example, so, aside from a couple of tweaks, it won't need maintenance. Its code is not getting removed, in fact.

• Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Reposting this from the other Event feedback thread

""
    Great work on the event Pasta. While I do agree the 100 mobs/1 boss kill thing was getting stale, I think the actual stale part of that kill quest was the fact you had to travel all over the world to get the kills instead of a concentrated place that would make it easier to finish the quest day after day (if you didnt want to use VIP rocks). I think going forward with each event even for "community focused" ones it would be cool to have the "platforming and PQ" option for those who want to do it to grind raffle currency. But there should always be some type of option for those of us who aren't as gifted with jumping and platforming to get raffle currency just from good old fashioned farming or kill quests.(I don't consider the Axe Throwing PQ as really a form of monster grinding) You can also see how Puff Daddy isn't coming up as often because there isn't much incentive to grind.

So having both options in future events going forward would be great and then people can choose their method to get event stuff. If that means that one or the other needs to tweaked because its too easy to get raffle currency when event starts then so be it. But at least players can have the two paths to go down to achieve raffles. ""

Some Additional Notes : Since starting this server in 2019 this was the event I participated in the least simply because I don't play Maple for the platforming. At its heart its a MMORPG with platforming elements rarely thrown in for quests and pre reqs for bossing. This has NEVER been the main focus of the game. I think it was a mistake to make an event almost solely based on how good you can platform because grinding an Event PQ with 3 other randoms to "sidestep" that issue wasnt a great solution IMO.

Once again great event in terms of the effort put into it, but alienating people because they can't do a certain playstyle kinda feels bad. In the future if staff is really in love with all the platforming elements thats fine but always have a grinding option as well for the other players that dont involve teaming up with people at odd hours in order to get raffles done. And NO it doesn't have to be "travel all over the world to kill 100 monsters" quest you can do other kill type stuff that is less of a hassle if you want.

Also I think it would be cool to have VERY RARE opportunities to earn maple items throughout the year as well.

If this comes as "nitpicky" I apologize but I just wanted to participate more in the event than I actually did. The hard work you guys put into the event clearly showed.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. guto

guto Slime

Mar 12, 2017
    Male
    10:56 AM
    This happened to a friend of mine as well. Maybe add more newbie friendly stuff next event. Still, the event was great. Thanks for the hard work!

11. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    The event was just amazing. Thank you!

12. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Master Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    I wholeheartedly loved this event!

The sidegames were cute and fun and to echo some other posters, it would be a shame to see so much custom content gone! But, regarding the main act of this event, Demon Tower JQ struck the perfect balance for me in multiple ways:
    • Mechanically interesting and satisfying - the combination of character movement and axe throw felt both smooth and versatile as well as full of room for mastery. I didn't have the competitive interest to actually speedrun, but improving both strategies and execution with each run felt very rewarding and offered countless hours of content.
    • Teamwork incentives - The golems on 16 and 18 (and to a lesser degree, 17) were wonderfully designed to encourage teamwork and communication. Screaming "gogogogogo" at my guildies on VC was an absolute blast and I'd love to see more floors designed with that kind of clever trick.
    • Flexible social engagement - I could choose to run the tower basically however I wanted and did a mix: sometimes I ran with my guild in full parties, sometimes I ran sweatier duos and sometimes I solo'd with a self duo for floor 16 spotting. I usually recruited for the boss though to save time, which was a nice way to engage with the wider community and relive the PQ days. The flexibility was brilliant and I rarely felt like I had to wait around for people.
    • No gear requirements and entirely skill driven - a fun side-effect is running with some of the strongest players in ML on my level 10 noobs!
    • Weekly reward system - much less pressured than the daily raffle and let me pace my game time how I wanted to. I raffled on 6 characters and got resets on 3 every week. The resets felt like excellent value for time and actually worthwhile, compared to some of the previous events. I'm glad about the weekly limits, because I would've struggled with how to distribute my time otherwise.
    • I can't emphasise enough how much fun it was!
    Some very minor caveats:
    • The group entry + individual clear system made sense (especially to prevent mass carrying), but it was still tedious to have to reset when you lose a member but you want everybody to clear. This was probably smoother in pub runs where people join and leave more dynamically, but as a guild we wanted to clear together. I can't think of a better solution than what was implemented, but it would be awesome if there was an alternative. The added healing relics helped immensely in that regard though!
    • It's a little frustrating not being able to run whichever floors you like (for fun) unless you stay on the boss and leave after each kill. I intentionally would space my characters out so I could hop in whenever my friends wanted buddies for 15-20 or the boss.

Other thoughts include:
    • Balina and puff daddy made a nice social hub - somewhat just a substitute for fm hoeing, but it still feels nice to have the community gathered together like that.
    • The reward currencies as a whole were excellently designed - it felt enjoyable and non-tedious to farm cosmetics, while coupons were appropriately time-consuming to obtain. The addition of a retro point sink was appreciated too and the potions provide a nice edge over their counterparts without being too strong.
    • It's a shame long jump wasn't used in tower, since it would be a very fun movement option. Maybe with a long cooldown? It would be awesome to see what speedrun strategies people come up with using it.
    • The retro hero badge is awesome and I'd appreciate it more if I didn't spend half my time fm hoeing! The speed on the frog pendant was nice for moving my slow characters around.

• Like Like x 2
  13. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    At first I didn’t like the event but it grew on me after a couple of days. Honestly it was just a skill issue. But I will say I think the event was a little unforgiving for players who are generally bad at video games. MapleStory isnt exactly a skillful game to begin with, so some players were put at a pretty severe disadvantage if you were bad the platforming mechanics in tower. I remember I tried carrying a friend through floor 15 for over an hour clearing all the mobs but they would still fall and die. The RNG of monster spawns could be extremely brutal sometimes too especially with the tight and borderline unfair golem sections.

But still, I liked how farming raffles, chairs, and APRs rewarded skillful players. Getting raffles in the first week took hours, but the second and third week I could do it in half an hour consistently. The tower PQ idea was a very clever way of limiting muling while also making event farming engaging. It is an absolutely monumental improvement compared to boat ride simulator from the previous event raffles and honestly I’m going to miss it.

As far as puff daddy goes, I feel like it was too infrequent and the cooldown was too long. I was very active for most of the event but I was only able to catch it 1-3 times a week. I did like the wait times for it to spawn and kill though. It allowed a unique opportunity to socialize with players I hadn’t seen in a while occasionally. Also I will mention there was an oversight that made it so you could leave without receiving a reward if your inventory was full, so devs can likely try to be a little more careful in the future.

As far as cosmetics go, they were alright. The inclusion of the cosmetic maple weapons were cool. The chat label rings were really good this time, probably the best I’ve seen out of any event so far. But I have one question. Why are the snails on fire? It’s just so jarring. I always thought it would be cool to have pets similar to the snail pet you used to get in GMS for your first pet, but the weird fire just makes it hard to justify using over a more normal pet.

Also I would just like to say the art and soundtrack this event was really good. I’ve never seen an event like this in GMS so I’m guessing it is custom made. If so, everything is extremely impressive.

Overall a great event. I enjoyed it very much

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    4:56 PM
    Endorphins
    First two days of the event
    Really unique experience that i mostly liked. the new BGM was refreshing, the pixelated look was nice, and overall appearance was good.

The demon tower jump quest gave a nice alternative to the same old grind of same bosses, and even after you learned how to do the stages and went through it pretty fast it was still a fun experience (despite all the frustration it caused).

Raffle system was the best iteration in my opinion. It offered decent prices, i could FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! save as much points as i can before redeeming coupons (instead of getting it immediately one by one each day like the older system of killing 100 mobs), and it gave more tries than before ( 30 x 4 raffles instead of 30).

The initial rates were FFFFIIIIIINNNNAAAAAALLLLLYYYYYYYY rewarding. i didnt think it was bloated at all like people here claimed. i used 2 lv 120+ chars, and in 120 total raffles (raffles had a reset after first day) i managed to get :

• 75 coins
      • 20 rare gacha
      • 2 event chairs
      • 3 maple shields
    imo, lets say ill keep the same amount of coins for those 2 chars, getting 300 coins for one event should be pretty much ok since events happen every few months. I finally felt like this event would actually give me the chance to earn valuable items and not just pots. Another thing to mention is this time it required some sort of skill and not just mindless killing of 100 mobs or an easy boss. who ever tried to use 50 chars to get 20 X 2 floors on demon tower 100% deserve all the rewards he could get, since it wasnt as easy and took longer.

Didnt have much chances to fight cake boss, maybe twice, pretty much a hold attack button for 5 minutes and leave. not very exciting

one thing to mention, after so many events the nx items that you could get were FINALYYYYYYYYYY not all completely feminine items. every single event all the cosmetics looks like im trying my best to dress up as feminine as i can, but this one had many other options.

After first two days of the event

got basically a single mysterious pouch 1 for every 30 raffles, rest are useless pots. pretty much like every other ML event.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
  15. pupcake

pupcake Red Snail

Jun 18, 2022
    Hi all, I really loved the event and especially the tower - it felt very communal and different than other parts of the game, really satisfying to make it through with a party. The jump and dodge quests were also pretty fun (mostly the former), and I didn't do much Axe PQ so can't speak on that.

This is only somewhat related, but I noticed that the event coin shop has just closed without notice today, and I wanted to ask if it's possible to reopen it for a period of time, as I got pretty sick shortly after the event ended and wasn't well enough to log on and play for a while. I still have a balance of thousands of coins on multiple chars as I believed there would be an announcement or patch, similar to the last event, before anything closed... )-: Going forward I also think announcing the close of the shop was really helpful in the last event and would love to get another chance at it this time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    I really liked this event! Thanks Staff for the hard work!
    • Event Content
      • The Demon King's Tower
        • Overall, how did you feel about the Demon King's Tower? I loved it! 9.99/10
        • Did you enjoy being able to party with players of any level/job type? Yes! Being designed this way is genius.
        • Was the Retro Hero Pendant worth the effort needed to obtain it? Yes, not too challenging so that most people that put in some effort can get it.
        • Did you like the Leaderboard that was implemented for the Demon King's Tower? N/A, I didn't participate in speedrunning
        • Did you enjoy this minigame? It was cute!
        • Did you complete this minigame multiple times for extra Retro Coins? It was a bit repetitive and didn't feel that rewarding when compared to Demon King's Tower. Maybe because it was too easy?
          • Perhaps it could have been designed to get progressively harder the further you went? That way more Retro Coins can be rewarded near the end of the map. Not sure how doable that would have been but could be an idea for future jump quest minigames!
        • Did you enjoy this minigame? Ya I liked it!
        • Did you complete this minigame multiple times for extra Retro Coins? No it was pretty punishing for impatient people x_x
      • Retro World
        • Did you enjoy this minigame? Surprisingly, yes! Kind of therapeutic. Reminds me of other hack-and-slash games!
        • How often did you play this minigame as an alternative to the Demon King's Tower? Not very often, just tried it a couple times to see what it was like.
        • Did you enjoy being able to party with players of any level/job type? Yes!
        • Was the reward system for this minigame fair to you? N/A, I didn't participate enough
      • Bit Puff Daddy
        • What did you like/dislike about the Bit Puff Daddy battle? I liked the feeling of power in numbers! I didn't like how slow it is when the room has too few people. It would be nice if maybe there were different variations of Bit Puff Daddy with different hp amounts based on how many people were in the room. Ex. 5 different variants with 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100% hp. A room with 10 ppl could get the 20% version, while the room with 50 people could get the 100% version.
        • Did you find that Bit Puff Daddy spawned often enough for you to participate in? Ya
        • Did you find the rewards for Bit Puff Daddy participation fair? Ya

• Retro Coupons
      • Accessibility
        • Did you like the methods in which you could obtain Retro Coupons for the Event? Yes, mostly
        • In your opinion, were these methods more favorable compared to the past Event's method of 100 Mobs/1 Boss? Yes! I liked that I could still get the 30/30 coupons in a week without having to play every day. I much prefer weeklies over dailies.
      • Rewards
        • What did you spend your Retro Coupons on the most: Ability Point Resets, Raffle, Chairs? Raffle
        • In regards to the Raffle, were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with? It'd be nice if some rewards could be job based, but I'm unsure if that's even possible. Getting accuracy pots as a mage is a bit lame. But still better than the raffles in previous events imo!

• Retro Coins
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Retro Coins? I had more than enough for a couple outfits and plenty left over! I mostly just did the Tower 30/30 each week.
      • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Retro Coins? I think it's good for anyone that didn't like the Tower. Just spam the jump quest a couple times! I did that on some mules.
        • Which method did you use the most? Tower
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Retro Coins on? Ya, I liked that I could trade it in for stackable, unexpiring ciders!
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your Retro Coins on? No
      • Did you have a lot of leftover Retro Coins by the end of the Event? Ya. I only got 2-3 outfits, 1 hair, and 1 pet though which might be less than the average person.

• Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event? Ya I loved that town music changed
      • Did you enjoy the additional elements added to the Event (i.e. new skills)? Yes! Great way to normalize across job & level
      • In your opinion, was this Event more Community involved or did it feel very Solo-driven? VERY community driven! Maybe a little too much so? 15-20 solo is pain/near impossible.
      • Do you prefer Events that are more custom and unique like this one, or Events that are integrated fully into regular game content? Unique
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory? Yes! Perfect imo. Too long and it starts to feel like a chore.
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event? 9.99/10 :yay:
      • Did you find the Event Post on the Forum informational enough to help you understand the different aspects of the Event? N/A heh I started the event a little late and people helped me

17. Kevin Rajah

Kevin Rajah Mano

Apr 15, 2020
    Male
    Malaysia
    9:56 PM
    BunnyBear
    Priest
    Yeah but I sadly dint do any of the events other then the Big Daddy cake. So i was not able to buy anything from Emeric...

18. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    • Event Content
      • The Demon King's Tower
        • Overall, how did you feel about the Demon King's Tower?
          • Always been a fan of challenging jump quests, so naturally I enjoyed demon tower, even with the change in direction from the traditional jump quests. Took me a day or two to figure it out, but overall thoroughly enjoyable.
        • Did you enjoy being able to party with players of any level/job type?
          • Yes, content that was able to be done by all levels and jobs was great! As an Osslock, It allowed me to interact with people I normally never would have, which was pretty neat.
        • Was the Retro Hero Pendant worth the effort needed to obtain it?
          • I feel like it could have given speed/jump like the dodge and jump pendants did, but is still fine without it.
        • Did you like the Leaderboard that was implemented for the Demon King's Tower?
          • I really enjoyed this. I would love to see a leaderboard for every jump quest.
        • Did you participate in trying to "speedrun" the Demon King's Tower?
          • I did attempt to get a time on the leaderboard, but didn't spend enough time to really nail one down. My best was a 3 man at 17 minutes and 52.9 seconds.
        • Did you enjoy this minigame?
          • Yes.
        • Did you complete this minigame multiple times for extra Retro Coins?
          • Yes, getting coins for the Retro World potions was great with this method.
          • No.
        • Did you complete this minigame multiple times for extra Retro Coins?
          • No.
      • Retro World
          • It was alright.
        • How often did you play this minigame as an alternative to the Demon King's Tower?
          • Did it the first day or two when I was still struggling with figuring out Demon Tower, but that was all.
        • Did you enjoy being able to party with players of any level/job type?
          • Same opinion as with Demon Tower.
        • Was the reward system for this minigame fair to you?
          • This is after the updates to include a "pity system" if you did not receive Retro Coupons after a certain number of clears.
            • I felt like it was better after the adjustment.
      • Bit Puff Daddy
        • What did you like/dislike about the Bit Puff Daddy battle?
          • Only dislike was the noise, but disabling sound effects fixed that issue.
        • Did you find that Bit Puff Daddy spawned often enough for you to participate in?
          • I think I am lucky due to time-zone, but yes the spawn rate was good for me.
        • Did you find the rewards for Bit Puff Daddy participation fair?
          • Being able to get any box at any level was great, as well as the 2 coupons per spawn felt good.

• Retro Coupons
      • Accessibility
        • Did you like the methods in which you could obtain Retro Coupons for the Event?
          • They were easy to obtain either from Retro Reach or the Demon Tower imo.
        • In your opinion, were these methods more favorable compared to the past Event's method of 100 Mobs/1 Boss?
          • Coupon raffle felt refreshing from the standard kill mobs raffle.
      • Rewards
        • What did you spend your Retro Coupons on the most: Ability Point Resets, Raffle, Chairs?
          • Raffle
        • In regards to the Raffle, were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with?
          • 3 Attack Pink Gaia was nice, as well as Pouch 4.

• Retro Coins
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Retro Coins?
        • Easy.
      • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Retro Coins?
          • Having more options is always great.
        • Which method did you use the most?
          • Method I used the most was the Pond Hopping minigame.
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Retro Coins on?
          • Number of options felt fine.
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your Retro Coins on?
          • Possibly having the option to use coins to upgrade Maple Equips could have been nice.
      • Did you have a lot of leftover Retro Coins by the end of the Event?
        • I spent all my coins on Retro World potions.

• Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event?
        • It was enjoyable.
      • Did you enjoy the additional elements added to the Event (i.e. new skills)?
        • Custom stuff like this is always appreciated.
      • In your opinion, was this Event more Community involved or did it feel very Solo-driven?
        • Significantly more community driven.
      • Do you prefer Events that are more custom and unique like this one, or Events that are integrated fully into regular game content?
        • I think a mix up of both options is healthy.
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory?
        • Yes.
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event?
        • Yes.
      • Did you find the Event Post on the Forum informational enough to help you understand the different aspects of the Event?
        • Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Ariami

Ariami Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Aug 26, 2020
    Female
    Ariami
    Hello everyone!

Just to update you all, the Event exchanges will be open until Sunday, July 16th, 23:59:59 Server Time.

You have until then to redeem and trade in your Retro Coins and Retro Coupons.

As for those of you that have given your feedback in the thread, we sincerely do appreciate the feedback that has been given. Personally, I always look forward to what you all have to say, its always a fun learning experience to see what worked and well... what didn't. I hope we can make all our future Events something that you can all look forward to, too!

Happy Mapling! :pinkbean:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    btw guys,