1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance change to damage reflect

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gorgone95, Sep 10, 2023.

1. Gorgone95

Gorgone95 Red Snail

Jul 22, 2017
    Male
    2:08 PM
    gorgone95
    Cleric
    Aquila
    As title suggested, I think that damage reflect for range weapon should be 10% of what they are: 10k down to 1k. To balance out, the damage is reflected by each damage line instead of per casted skill. All range will get the hurricane experience :> this makes bowmaster actually more survivable against DR on bosses as its 8arrow/second if im not wrong.

Disclaimer: not a programmer, not sure how coding works

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  2. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:08 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Damage Reflect is perfectly fine as it is. Just need to experience it more to get better reacting to it.

Source: I'm a BM player

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Gorgone95

Gorgone95 Red Snail

Jul 22, 2017
    Male
    2:08 PM
    gorgone95
    Cleric
    Aquila
    I have not experience PB and I'm still struggling with dunas 1. It takes 100% concentration to not die to DR as bm while other range like sair, mm or NL have more time to react. I feel more stress than doing HT as sed bsp with 4k hp. From what I heard from few bm I know, some just strafe when DR timer off cd in PB or auf.

In addition, I believe this allow less HP requirement from my limited experience as bm.

4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:08 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Keep in mind that in PB you will be on voice chat, which is easier to hear if it is difficult to see in the visuals

5. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    8:08 AM
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    I 100% understand the struggle for bowmasters, but the rest of the ranged classes (all classes really) should just keep their eyes open. In Dunas1 DR can fairly easily be predicted by counting the purple circles (usually its the 4th that is DR). In PB, as Leo mentioned, there is VC and people will call it out. The animation for it in PB is also not that hard to see if one is watching the screen. Surviving in maple taking 100% concentration is also not a bad thing, considering how AFK the game can be at times (and is definitely taken advantage of). Its not that much effort to put your animes on hold, instead of trying to combine it with maple content.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    11:08 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Idk about “perfectly fine” honestly. The damage is fine but I wish the duration was shorter. For the most part people only die during the first 2 seconds do we really need it to last 20 seconds of standing around twiddling our thumbs?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
  7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:08 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Actually safer to hold down hurricane and look for 1s

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You get used to it with practice and learning what to look out for (mostly animations), but BMs trying to justify it is copium. Red light green light with dry eyes is not fun, and BMs get punished more than others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I think it's ok in small doses and windows like during PB statues, but yeah playing red light green light for an hour isn't particularly interesting.

10. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:08 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    I think that's a separate issue, much like the WC/MC debate. I'm indifferent with the 20 seconds of being idle, but I mainly replied that the damage from DR and the window to get damaged are fine as is for BMs. I know BMs have it the worst when compared with all other classes, but I don't believe any change regarding that is necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    3:08 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I have no idea for this is technically possible or not, but just personal wish - DR reflection damage gets cd of 500ms instead of every single 1st lines.

12. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    3:08 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Reroll NL and leave Hurricane for the honored ones

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  13. Zeya

Zeya Orange Mushroom

Aug 31, 2021
    Female
    Ireland
    7:08 AM
    I assume you mean on a specific boss or set of bosses, as DR actually isn't a flat "100%" and is a scaleable value and can be capped at a certain damage per tick (i.e when CHT was implemented its DR was a 4k/tick max). That being said, I do agree that DR was for quite a while in MS' history, alongside wep/mag nullify just a kinda "there" mechanic that served no real purpose aside from slowing DPS in an unengaging manner, but I also dont necessarily think it needs to be "changed".